Is Something Strange Happening Inside The Earth? - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 101

Thread: Is Something Strange Happening Inside The Earth?

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Prophetic Scripture doesn't state there will be an increase in earthquakes, it just states there will be earthquakes in “different places.”
    There are science books on geology that also say that there will be earthquakes in "different places" and can explain exactly why there are earthquakes in different places on the planet.

    The science really isn't hard to understand. https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/kids/eqscience.php at least for those with an IQ above room temperature.

    (The link I included is designed for children to understand, but I fear still beyond the comprehension of some)
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  2.   
  3. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,901
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    There are science books on geology that also say that there will be earthquakes in "different places" and can explain exactly why there are earthquakes in different places on the planet.

    The science really isn't hard to understand. https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/kids/eqscience.php at least for those with an IQ above room temperature.

    (The link I included is designed for children to understand, but I fear still beyond the comprehension of some)
    Once again science authenticates Scripture.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  4. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Once again science authenticates Scripture.
    No, you say that your imaginary friend is making the ground shake, "in different places", when in fact science explains the actual reason there are earthquakes, not your fairy tale dude.

    (but I was correct, the site designed for children to understand the cause of earthquakes is clearly beyond your comprehension level)
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    There is no difference between copy/paste someone's thoughts from a blog and all too common a fake news site, or so called scripture, which is written solely by man and could be considered early blogger output. Just because you read and agree with a blogger, or Ringo, or your ancient paper blog, in no way provides any credibility or authority.

    And how long has it been since Ringo has posted anything about guns or carry?
    XD: If you would pay attention to today's news AND to that Ancient Paper Blog, you would see that the Ancient Blog is as current today as any of us are and verifies itself everyday. As for his posting about guns, I don't know many times he has. I have seen several posts of his but don't record them for future reference. Ask him.

  6. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,901
    3/30/17

    5.7 magnitude earthquake hits near Higuera de Zaragoza, Mexico
    5.4 magnitude earthquake hits near Isangel, Vanuatu
    5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Kokopo, Papua New Guinea
    5.1 magnitude earthquake hits the Southern Mid-Atlantic Ridge
    5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Mocimboa, Mozambique
    5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Carlos Fonseca Amador, Nicaragua
    Klyuchevskoy volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 25,000ft
    Sabancaya volcano in Peru erupts to 24,000ft
    Kambalny volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 20,000ft
    Turrialba volcano in Costa Rica erupts to 14,000ft
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  7. #86
    HOW MANY EARTHQUAKES NORMALLY HAPPEN EACH DAY?FULL ANSWER
    Many earthquakes are undetected by the USGS; in fact, the organization estimates that around several million earthquakes occur around the globe annually. Annually, an average of one earthquake of a magnitude 8 or higher occurs, while around 15 earthquakes ranging from 7 to 7.9 occur. As many as 1.3 million earthquakes measuring 2 to 2.9 in intensity occur annually. This information is based on observations of data from the year 1900 and beyond.
    LEARN MORE ABOUT EARTHQUAKES
    Sources: usgs.gov

  8. #87
    As you see SR9, some are far beyond the reach of reason, facts, evidence and science. Lost in the vast ignorance of their fantasy.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Are we really experiencing more earthquakes or are we just getting better at detecting them and making public the detections? I wonder that too, about all natural phenomena such as hurricanes and climate variations.

    We have mostly unnoticeable earthquakes where I live just about every month. Once in a while we have one that I notice. We're probably overdue for another big one. The last one was 1886 (6.9-7.3).

    That being said, I wouldn't wait for an earthquake to warn me to check on my relationship with God. No one has a guarantee of one's next breath of life.

  10. #89

    "Some are far beyond the reach of reason, facts, evidence and science. Lost in the vast ignorance of their fantasy."

    Ignorance can be defined as a lack of knowledge. Those who are ignorant of Bible teachings are the ones fantasizing about it being untrue and seem to have open hostility about it and those who are Bible believers. We believe the Bible and, for those who can be intellectually honest with themselves, it's prophesies are coming true everyday. Whether you acknowledge them or not is of little consequence to those of us who do believe. However, they should be of paramount interest to unbelievers since that disproves their constant assertions that the Bible was written by man, not God. The individual person of those long past times could have not written the prophecies without being inspired from God.

    Earthquakes have been foretold for the end times. Yes, they have happened before and will happen again but, a little study will show an increase of earthquakes in the last few years which are indicative of the veracity of the Bible writings concerning them. Regardless, one either believes or not.

    "What Did Jesus Teach About Earthquakes?


    Jesus discussed earthquakes in His Olivet prophecy (a series of prophetic statements He made on the Mount of Olives).

    Jesus taught that prior to the great tribulation, during a time called "the beginning of sorrows", that His followers would notice earthquakes:

    7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. (Matthew 24:7-8, NKJV throughout unless otherwise indicated).

    8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows. (Mark 13:8)

    11 And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. (Luke 21:11)
    Now, these earthquakes happen prior to the start of the Great Tribulation (which is listed as beginning in Matthew 24:21, Mark 13:19, and Luke 21:23). More information on the Great Tribulation and the "beginning of sorrows" can be found in the article Can the Great Tribulation Begin in 2015, 2016, or 2017? For years, I have wondered if the "beginning of sorrows" began in 2009, and the acceleration of certain earthquakes may be confirming that.

    Notice that in Luke's account "great earthquakes" are mentioned. Considering the death toll from Haiti's 7.0 earthquake in 2010, it would seem that Jesus may have considered that earthquakes of that magnitude (or perhaps even a bit smaller) were great earthquakes (the USGS definition standards on classification are a relatively recent development).

    Perhaps it should be mentioned that there was an earthquake when Jesus was crucified (Matthew 27:54), plus the Bible records that there was a great earthquake that removed the stone from His tomb (Matthew 28:2) and another one that freed Paul and Silas from prison (Acts 16:26). Earthquakes are mentioned in the Bible and prophesied in the Bible."

    Earthquakes Today, Why Bible Prophecy

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    . . .

    Earthquakes have been foretold for the end times. Yes, they have happened before and will happen again but, a little study will show an increase of earthquakes in the last few years which are indicative of the veracity of the Bible writings concerning them. Regardless, one either believes or not.
    The thing is, has the increase of earthquakes in number and magnitude been happening yet to the degree called for in the Bible?


    . . . Jesus discussed earthquakes in His Olivet prophecy (a series of prophetic statements He made on the Mount of Olives).

    Jesus taught that prior to the great tribulation, during a time called "the beginning of sorrows", that His followers would notice earthquakes:

    7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. (Matthew 24:7-8, NKJV throughout unless otherwise indicated).

    8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows. (Mark 13:8)

    11 And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. (Luke 21:11)
    Now, these earthquakes happen prior to the start of the Great Tribulation (which is listed as beginning in Matthew 24:21, Mark 13:19, and Luke 21:23). More information on the Great Tribulation and the "beginning of sorrows" can be found in the article Can the Great Tribulation Begin in 2015, 2016, or 2017? For years, I have wondered if the "beginning of sorrows" began in 2009, and the acceleration of certain earthquakes may be confirming that.

    Notice that in Luke's account "great earthquakes" are mentioned. Considering the death toll from Haiti's 7.0 earthquake in 2010, it would seem that Jesus may have considered that earthquakes of that magnitude (or perhaps even a bit smaller) were great earthquakes (the USGS definition standards on classification are a relatively recent development).

    Perhaps it should be mentioned that there was an earthquake when Jesus was crucified (Matthew 27:54), plus the Bible records that there was a great earthquake that removed the stone from His tomb (Matthew 28:2) and another one that freed Paul and Silas from prison (Acts 16:26). Earthquakes are mentioned in the Bible and prophesied in the Bible."

    Earthquakes Today, Why Bible Prophecy
    Anyway, the earthquake signs occur during Tribulation, which doesn't occur until after the Rapture, which hasn't yet happened, so the current earthquakes aren't yet the prophetic ones for the Second Coming.

    Needless to say, our most immediate prophetic event to watch for is the Rapture. For that event we must be ready, and there are no signs to wait upon before that happens. That could be today. To me, that's the urgency.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast