Lead Ammo Ban Reversed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead Ammo Ban Reversed

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    You use a lot of words to really say nothing just like a politician and sound just like a typical lib by calling people that you don't agree with names . I may be an idiot but my wife , kids , grandkids , great grandkids and friends say I am a useful idiot and that is enough for me.
    What about the bold part of my post you left out ? No comeback on that part ?
    Says the guy who calls me a typical lib, just because he didn't understand a word I said. By the way, that part in bold is exactly what identity politics is about. Everyone who you don't agree with is a liberal, everyone who you do agree with is a conservative. The reverse is true for liberals. Everyone has their nice clean corner and knows exactly who to vote and cheer for. Nobody uses their brain anymore to think, exactly the way the politicians want you to behave.

Also, I replied to your complete post in my post #9. You just edited your post #7 while I was already writing my answer.

3. Lead Ammo Ban Reversed

If we could have gotten in front of Obama care before it went into effect and "Caused no harm", we would be much better off. Now we are duty bound to fix it?

While reversing the ban is not library moment, someone needed to turn it around before it was operational policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    If we could have gotten in front of Obama care before it went into effect and "Caused no harm", we would be much better off. Now we are duty bound to fix it?

While reversing the ban is not library moment, someone needed to turn it around before it was operational policy.
    ObamaCare was enacted on March 23, 2010 with a Democrat Congress and parts of it were challenged in front of the Supreme Court. There was no more "getting in front of it before it went into effect" than challenging the constitutionality of the mandate.

The lead ammo "ban" wasn't an actual ban, because it was signed on January 19, 2017 and went into effect in 2022, i.e., 5 years after signing. Given that Donald Trump won the election it was clear that this, so called, "ban" was going to be reversed. This "ban" was a show, pure political theater for the masses.

So, if you look at this forum, what do you see being discussed? Wild political conspiracy theories, Democrats not clapping at the Joint Session of Congress, and this stupid lead ammo "ban" that wasn't one.

• Meanwhile, the House is marking up the TrumpCare bill behind closed doors. According to Sen. Ran Paul, there is a high risk that TrumpCare will be nothing more than ObamaCare Light, with subsidies and a mandate.
    • Meanwhile, President Trump calls for a $52 billion, or 9.4%, increase in military spending without knowing what it is supposed to be spend on and how to pay for it. On the other hand, he gets mad about excessive military expenditures on new aircraft and aircraft carriers. Guess how such overspending occurs.
    • Meanwhile, the Trump administration delayed the new travel EO on temporarily banning people from entering the US by yet another week. It is apparently really urgent though, to "make sure to keep the bad dudes out".

The Trump administration, the media, the left and the right are all running a game of distraction, to make sure that we don't care about the important issues of the day, but rather get all up in arms about the latest conspiracy theory, a lead ammo "ban", Democrats not clapping at the Joint Session of Congress, etc. Some forum members are even still hung up on Hillary.

5. Lead Ammo Ban Reversed

To clarify

1. There were parts of Obamacare that did not fully go into effect until a few years later. Now that it is in full force, we aren't repealing, we are just adjusting and calling it a fix. (Not. Suggesting that I like it.)

2. If nothing was done and the ammo ban was never reversed, it would go into effect and then we would have to fix it. Which wouldn't mean repealing it.

I agree that items such as Trump Care need more light shed on them. I do believe the establishment republicans are the driving force behind the "fix" But not the repeal we voted for.

To clarify

1. There were parts of Obamacare that did not fully go into effect until a few years later. Now that it is in full force, we aren't repealing, we are just adjusting and calling it a fix. (Not. Suggesting that I like it.)

2. If nothing was done and the ammo ban was never reversed, it would go into effect and then we would have to fix it. Which wouldn't mean repealing it.

I agree that items such as Trump Care need more light shed on them. I do believe the establishment republicans are the driving force behind the "fix" But not the repeal we voted for.
    As for #1, your original post talked about "getting in front of Obama care before it went into effect", not after, which is what we are trying to do now. There was simply no way to repeal or change ObamaCare until now. There was a President who vetoed such attempts, if you don't remember that anymore.

As for #2, if President Trump loses the next election, the lead ammo ban can be put back in place. Signing the order on January 19 and repealing it on March 3 is simply playing political games on both sides. If you are on Facebook, read the comments by the liberals on the corresponding Huffington Post article. They are hilarious. They actually do believe that the ban was already in effect and the bad Trump administration repealed it.

7. Lead Ammo Ban Reversed

You are still misinterpreting what I am saying.

Obama care was an example of any law/program/EO that at the time it was passed, was not fully implemented.

If you wait until they are fully implemented, you will not get rid of it.

So "if" Obama care was set to start in 2022, would we not want to repeal it now? Or would we just say oh well it wasn't real until 2022? I think we would be happy to kill it.

So to wrap it up I am using an example of a law we are stuck with. I fully understand that we could do nothing to stop it, and I never said that we could.

You are still misinterpreting what I am saying.

Obama care was an example of any law/program/EO that at the time it was passed, was not fully implemented.

If you wait until they are fully implemented, you will not get rid of it.

So "if" Obama care was set to start in 2022, would we not want to repeal it now? Or would we just say oh well it wasn't real until 2022? I think we would be happy to kill it.

So to wrap it up I am using an example of a law we are stuck with. I fully understand that we could do nothing to stop it, and I never said that we could.
    ObamaCare was a law that was phased in over time. However, there was no way to repeal it until now. If ObamaCare was set to start in 2022, then we could repeal it now with no harm done, but the next President could re-instate it. What's your point?

I never said that the lead ammo "ban" should not have been repealed. All I am saying is that enacting it on January 19 and repealing it on March 3 is playing identity politics, if said "ban" would have been effective in 2022. This "ban" was never going to be effective in the first place as a repeal by the Trump administration was a sure thing.

The left was cheering when the "ban" was enacted, while the right was cheering when the "ban" was repealed. The right was booing when the "ban" was enacted, while the left was booing when the "ban" was repealed. Identity politics 101. Politicians from both sides made their lemmings happy and made them hate the other side even more. The Divided States of America.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12