Biggest scandal in presidential history. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biggest scandal in presidential history.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I doubt anybody will be shielded from any felonies.

Just because Nixon was not prosecuted for felonies does not mean he could not be.

Everyone was just glad to be rid of him.

Just as there are those who wanted to be rid of BHO. Problem is, he was not prosecuted for his crimes either. Instead the Democrats look at him as a martyr and he, along with fellow conspirators, are trying stage a coup against Trump. Robert Reich, former Sec'y of Labor wrote this article against Trump. He mentions tyrants but, if you will notice, this was tailored specifically to Trump, actually none other.

7 signs of tyranny

By Robert Reich
    Posted on February 27, 2017
    by Robert Reich

As tyrants take control of democracies, they typically do 7 things.
    1. They exaggerate their mandate to govern—claiming, for example, that they won an election by a “landslide” even after losing the popular vote. They criticize any finding that they or co-conspirators stole the election. And they repeatedly claim “massive voter fraud” in the absence of any evidence, in order to have an excuse to restrict voting by opponents in subsequent elections.
    2. They turn the public against journalists or media outlets that criticize them, calling them “deceitful” and “scum,” and telling the public that the press is a “public enemy.” They hold few, if any, press conferences, and prefer to communicate with the public directly through mass rallies and unfiltered statements (or what we might now call “tweets”).
    3. They repeatedly lie to the public, even when confronted with the facts. Repeated enough, these lies cause some of the public to doubt the truth, and to believe fictions that support the tyrants’ goals.
    4. They blame economic stresses on immigrants or racial or religious minorities, and foment public bias or even violence against them. They threaten mass deportations, “registries” of religious minorities, and the banning of refugees.
    5. They attack the motives of anyone who opposes them, including judges. They attribute acts of domestic violence to “enemies within,” and use such events as excuses to beef up internal security and limit civil liberties.
    6. They appoint family members to high positions of authority. They ppoint their own personal security force rather than a security detail accountable to the public. And they put generals into top civilian posts.
    7.They keep their personal finances secret, and draw no distinction between personal property and public property—profiteering from their public office.
    Consider yourself warned.
    This post originally appeared at RobertReich.org.
    Robert B. Reich is the chancellor’s professor of public policy at the University of California, Berkeley and former secretary of labor under the Clinton administration. Time Magazine named him one of the 10 most effective Cabinet secretaries of the 20th century. He is also a founding editor of The American Prospect magazine and chairman of Common Cause. His film, Inequality for All, was released in 2013. Follow him on Twitter: @RBReich.

Biggest scandal in presidential history.-0c1f1164c3e70734a5dcf2233340ba8d.jpg

Without an actual impeachment the next step of felony conviction is practically impossible.

Nixon resigned to prevent an actual impeachment so as to suppress the criminal evidence process.

Congress has more power to extract evidence than any other body even more than the FBI.

While I agree that BHO exceeded the bounds of his office yet the Congress was unwilling to charge him.

So now after the fact it makes no sense to keep whining about it. BHO is gone. Like Carter, all his endeavors would be as an observer of elections and such. There is no reason to keep whining about him.

Same is true of "W" Bush. His lies to the American People together with the voice of Cheney should have been impeached. But the Congress did not have the will to do it.

Same is true of Ronald Reagan. He should have been impeached for Iran/Contra. But Tip ONeill said he did not have the heart to do it.

Sh!t happens all the time.

Wire Tap Gate is the latest fiasco. Next week should be an interesting week to find out what is really going on.

Ops, I'm confused, you recently took me to to task for mentioning something done in the past when you said......
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    I’m talking about things that are of concern in today’s world, can’t worry about things that happened in the past,
    yet again you start a thread about stuff that occurred in the past.

Double standard?
    Had nothing to support your position in the thread where you didn't like my post?
    Senility?

Or is it just your obsession with Obama and Hillary, and you just can't help yourself?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. Obama is not gone ! Thousands of his supporters are still in place in the government and trying to under cut Trump full time on our dime.
    The same is true about some of the 2 faced GOP Rinos.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Obama is not gone ! Thousands of his supporters are still in place in the government and trying to under cut Trump full time on our dime.
    The same is true about some of the 2 faced GOP Rinos.
    Nobody needs to "undercut" Trump.

Trump is undercutting himself.

This whole ruse about wiretapping was Trump pulling it out of his own azz.

7. [QUOTE=HKS;618324]Nobody needs to "undercut" Trump.

Trump is undercutting himself.

This whole ruse about wiretapping was Trump pulling it out of his own azz.[/QUOTE]

You know this how ? Are some of Obama's people leaking to you like they do to MSN ?

You know this how ? Are some of Obama's people leaking to you like they do to MSN ?
    You must have slept-in this morning while the rest of the Nation was glued to Meet The Press.

James Clapper made it clear there was no wire tapping of Trump Towers ever by anyone anywhere.

Wake up early next time, rack hound.

9. Put your search for truth in James Clapper ? How nice ! A proven liar.

All the other news say a wire tapping warrant was issued in Oct. after an earlier one was denied .
    With all the leaks coming out , no one on the outside really knows what is going on.

And I would never waste my time watching Meet The Press , you never know what is true with the press or guests.

Put your search for truth in James Clapper ? How nice ! A proven liar.

All the other news say a wire tapping warrant was issued in Oct. after an earlier one was denied .
    With all the leaks coming out , no one on the outside really knows what is going on.

And I would never waste my time watching Meet The Press , you never know what is true with the press or guests.
    You do understand that FISA warrants are secret and that President Trump has declassification authority? If there was any truth of such wire tapping using FISA warrants, then President Trump can back up is allegations by declassifying said warrants (approved and denied). However, Sean Spicer this morning called for a Congressional investigation and said that they will not further comment on this issue. This essentially shifts the burden of proof from the WH, which made the accusation, to Congress.

All of this is pretty much fake news in an attempt to distract from the AG Sessions story this week. However, this is quite amateurish as it continues to undermine President Trump's credibility. What is even more amateurish is that this supposed surveillance was allegedly in conjunction with the investigation of the Trump-Russia ties. By going nuclear with his tweet over the weekend, President Trump basically just fed his political adversaries more ammunition. By shifting the burden of proof to Congress, he also acknowledges that the Trump administration is conflicted on this investigation and has to recuse itself.

This all comes after a week where the President was actually presidential for once. He just dad to screw this up somehow. Let there be no week without some scandal coming out of the WH.

Put your search for truth in James Clapper ? How nice ! A proven liar.

Wow !!

So you're a fokking skeptic.

Do you also doubt your own existence ???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast