Biggest scandal in presidential history. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biggest scandal in presidential history.

1. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    All of this is pretty much fake news in an attempt to distract from the AG Sessions story this week. However, this is quite amateurish as it continues to undermine President Trump's credibility.
    I suspect that maybe he shouldn't drink so much when he takes his weekend vacations to Florida.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I suspect that maybe he shouldn't drink so much when he takes his weekend vacations to Florida.
    Someone should just put him in a timeout and revoke his Twitter privileges for a while.

From NY Times | Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim:

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

Edit: For those that didn't get that yet, this puts AG Jeff Sessions, who is the head of the DOJ, front and center in this fake news story and on a collision course with President Trump. What is Sessions going to do? Remain silent and call for a Congressional investigation, like the WH, and therefore throwing the FBI under the bus? Contradicting President Trump and therefore further decreasing his credibility? Once again, it is amateur hour at the WH.

5. So by denying that the phones were tapped. Does that with certainty mean that there was no electronic monitoring? No FBI hacking of email or any other data servers operated by the trump campaign?

I suspect there is more to this story than Trump throwing baseless accusations around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    So by denying that the phones were tapped. Does that with certainty mean that there was no electronic monitoring? No FBI hacking of email or any other data servers operated by the trump campaign?

I suspect there is more to this story than Trump throwing baseless accusations around.

DJT pulled it all out of his azz.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    DJT has never struck me as a heavy drinker.

His dad taught him not to drink, and that's what he also taught to his kids.

So I don't believe it is due to alcoholism in DJT's case.

8. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    DJT pulled it all out of his azz.
    So he was under no FISA investigation, period, end of story? No Government listening as was the case with Flynn?

So by denying that the phones were tapped. Does that with certainty mean that there was no electronic monitoring? No FBI hacking of email or any other data servers operated by the trump campaign?

You may want to read the story published by Breitbart (or simply the OP) and the original conspiracy theory published a day before the election that President Trump apparently was basing his tweets on. It clearly talks about supposed FISA warrants requested by the DOJ. You may want to learn what that actually means before commenting. It is the lack of knowledge that creates such absurd conspiracy theories. President Trump fell for it due to his own lack of knowledge and common sense. He literally could have just asked his AG, Sessions, to check the FISA warrant records, as the AG himself oversees them.

President Trump has provided zero evidence for his tweets. Not only that, he refuses to provide any further comments. He just accused President Obama, the former AG Lynch, FBI Director Comey, the presiding FISA court judges and FBI agents of several federal felonies, including conspiracy, with no evidence to back it up. As I said, opsspec1991's title for this thread is highly accurate for once. It's just not that there is a conspiracy that is the scandal, it is that the President of the United States believes in a conspiracy with no evidence.

So he was under no FISA investigation, period, end of story? No Government listening as was the case with Flynn?
    Flynn talked to the Russian Ambassador on the phone. ALL phone calls by foreign officials are monitored. That is standard practice. The Russians were listening too, by the way.

Correct. No FISA. End of story.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast