More Fake News from the Tweeter-in-Chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Fake News from the Tweeter-in-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    When is he going to get around to doing any of that?

The Dow went up because the rich know they will get richer under Trump.
    President Trump has been busy signing EOs and sending the Marines to Syria. Many of the other promises are based on Congress doing their thing, so that President Trump can sign it. After all, we are not a Kingdom (yet).

The issue with his tweets is that he is damaging his own credibility. What when there is a national or international crisis? He goes on TV and says: "Trust me, I have reliable information that ..., therefore we need to send troops to ..". Who is going to trust the guy who believes in deep government conspiracies with no evidence while being the President of the United States? Who is going to trust the guy who tweeted lies and misinformation before? According to his own aides, we are not supposed to take him literally anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    I will say it again ! Tweeting takes up less time and costs less than playing golf. That is a fact !
    Trump can tweet all he wants as long as he does what he was elected to do as far as I am concerned
    And shows the man has no filters or self-control
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

4. I had much rather get his thoughts and intents without the filters of his staff or by way of MSN which is what we get through his tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    I will say it again ! Tweeting takes up less time and costs less than playing golf. That is a fact !
    Trump can tweet all he wants as long as he does what he was elected to do as far as I am concerned
    When is he going to get around to doing any of that?

The Dow went up because the rich know they will get richer under Trump.
    The economy needs to have rich people getting richer for one simple reason. It is the rich that hire the poor.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    The economy needs to have rich people getting richer for one simple reason. It is the rich that hire the poor.
    Wow, you really have bought their whole schtick hook, line, and sinker. The rich getting richer helps no one but the rich. But I see you're content to feed off the scraps of others that fall from the table like a dog. The single largest driver of the american economy is the consumer sector...if that is not growing...the American economy doesn't grow. The largest portion of the consumer sector is the middle class, and that is shrinking.

Will Rogers put it best nearly 100 years ago. It applied during the Great Depression and it applies now. Here is the quote with the attribution.

This election was lost four and six years ago, not this year. They [Republicans] didn’t start thinking of the old common fellow till just as they started out on the election tour. The money was all appropriated for the top in the hopes that it would trickle down to the needy. Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down. Put it uphill and let it go and it will reach the driest little spot. But he didn’t know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands. They saved the big banks, but the little ones went up the flue.

The essay by Will Rogers was a regular weekly column.

Number 518, it ran in the St. Petersburg Times on November 27, 1932.

What was going on in the country?

On November 3, Franklin D. Roosevelt had just been elected president, by a landslide in bothpopular and electoral college vote. He defeated Republican incumbent Herbert Hoover.

The key election issue was the Great Depression; the stock market had crashed in 1929.

In 1932, 34 million Americans lived in a family that had no full-time wage earner. The country’s population was about 125 million.

With the policies currently advancing through the White House and Congress, we will likely end up at the same place we were 100 years ago again within a decade. It is amazing how quickly people forget who was to blame for the last financial crisis a decade ago...and it wasn't the poor or the middle class. Why was the tea party founded again?

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Wow, you really have bought their whole schtick hook, line, and sinker. The rich getting richer helps no one but the rich. But I see you're content to feed off the scraps of others that fall from the table like a dog. The single largest driver of the american economy is the consumer sector...if that is not growing...the American economy doesn't grow. The largest portion of the consumer sector is the middle class, and that is shrinking.

Will Rogers put it best nearly 100 years ago. It applied during the Great Depression and it applies now. Here is the quote with the attribution.

This election was lost four and six years ago, not this year. They [Republicans] didn’t start thinking of the old common fellow till just as they started out on the election tour. The money was all appropriated for the top in the hopes that it would trickle down to the needy. Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down. Put it uphill and let it go and it will reach the driest little spot. But he didn’t know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands. They saved the big banks, but the little ones went up the flue.

The essay by Will Rogers was a regular weekly column.

Number 518, it ran in the St. Petersburg Times on November 27, 1932.

What was going on in the country?

On November 3, Franklin D. Roosevelt had just been elected president, by a landslide in bothpopular and electoral college vote. He defeated Republican incumbent Herbert Hoover.

The key election issue was the Great Depression; the stock market had crashed in 1929.

In 1932, 34 million Americans lived in a family that had no full-time wage earner. The country’s population was about 125 million.

With the policies currently advancing through the White House and Congress, we will likely end up at the same place we were 100 years ago again within a decade. It is amazing how quickly people forget who was to blame for the last financial crisis a decade ago...and it wasn't the poor or the middle class. Why was the tea party founded again?
    It is not I who has bought the whole schtick hook, line, and plate full of BS. I understand one simple fact of economic reality and that is poor men cannot afford to hire other people. That is how it is and anyone who doesn't believe that only has to ask themselves one simple question:

"Have I ever been hired by a poor man or was it a rich man who created my job by investing his money for the sole purpose of getting richer?"
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    It is not I who has bought the whole schtick hook, line, and plate full of BS. I understand one simple fact of economic reality and that is poor men cannot afford to hire other people. That is how it is and anyone who doesn't believe that only has to ask themselves one simple question:

"Have I ever been hired by a poor man or was it a rich man who created my job by investing his money for the sole purpose of getting richer?"
    No, the poorer men succeed by banding together and demanding they recieve the proper compensation for their labor and production. The rich man can't gain more riches unduly when the people who form the foundation of his business demand the respect and proper compensation that is their due. As I said, you're a dog content with the table scraps. It worked in the 30's 40's 50's & 60's and for the tea party. It will work again today with the Resist movement and when Labor Unions assert their proper place again. Just as sure as you can count on the rich gaming the system for themselves and crashing the economy in the process.

Keep telling yourself whatever helps you sleep at night. I really don't care what your uneducated opinion turns out to be. I will not give a rich man my respect just because he has money, unlike with you; he has to earn my respect because I don't give it to anyone as a gift.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

No, the poorer men succeed by banding together and demanding they recieve the proper compensation for their labor and production. The rich man can't gain more riches unduly when the people who form the foundation of his business demand the respect and proper compensation that is their due. As I said, you're a dog content with the table scraps. It worked in the 30's 40's 50's & 60's and for the tea party. It will work again today with the Resist movement and when Labor Unions assert their proper place again. Just as sure as you can count on the rich gaming the system for themselves and crashing the economy in the process.
    And those who banded together to demand they receive the proper compensation for their labor and production already had gotten a job from a rich man. No rich man means no jobs means no workers to band together. And no workers working at jobs the rich man created means ..... no unions.

Keep telling yourself whatever helps you sleep at night. I really don't care what your uneducated opinion turns out to be. I will not give a rich man my respect just because he has money, unlike with you; he has to earn my respect because I don't give it to anyone as a gift.
    How interesting that I, with what you consider to be an uneducated opinion, understand that without the greedy rich man investing his money in order to get even richer there wouldn't be any jobs for folks to have so they could band together and form labor unions.

As for my being a dog content with table scraps.... the smart dog works his way up from table scraps on the floor to sitting in a chair at the table and then, if he is really smart, to owning the floor, chair, table, and the whole house. But the one who is content with table scraps really is the one who forms unions to try to force the rich man to throw more table scraps on the floor.

My respect has to be earned whether earned by a rich man or by some anonymous poster on the internet. And I do not have any respect for those folks, rich or poor, who stoop to using ridicule and insults when they communicate with others regardless of whether that communication be face to face or on the internet.

And I sleep quite nicely every night secure in the knowledge that I have given my respect to only those who are deserving of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12