President Trump requesting 20% cuts to government departments.

Thread: President Trump requesting 20% cuts to government departments.

What do you think about President signing an order today to all of his department heads to submit a plan to cut the size of their departments by 20%? Sure sounds like heís doing exactly what he promised to do doesnít it?
    This is the FIRST time in recorded history that any President has made this kind of request. A lot of rice bowl's will be broken because of this and will save Billions of dollars on the removal of waist and redundant programs and people.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

3. Go President Trump !!!!!!!!

You mean an across the board cut, like the sequester we had in the past that didn't work out so well? President Trump is working hard on electing Democrats in 2018, I see.

When I was in the Navy, in my division each quarter if we didn’t spend all of the money we were allotted, we would have that amount we didn’t spend reduced from the next quarter’s allowance, so items were bought just to say we spent all of the money and won’t lose the money in the next quarter. Now multiply Navy wide and then for the other defense departments and were talking some big money wasted. I would think that mindset was very common throughout the various government departments. So you can see how I feel there could and can be cuts throughout the government.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    When I was in the Navy, in my division each quarter if we didnít spend all of the money we were allotted, we would have that amount we didnít spend reduced from the next quarterís allowance, so items were bought just to say we spent all of the money and wonít lose the money in the next quarter. Now multiply Navy wide and then for the other defense departments and were talking some big money wasted. I would think that mindset was very common throughout the various government departments. So you can see how I feel there could and can be cuts throughout the government.
    Yes, this effect is true across all government departments, but it goes by financial year. There are other effects, such as the size of the budget determining the size of the bureaucracy. Any budget reduction would mean a reduction in bureaucracy personnel. Federal employees fight budget reductions as this would mean that they may get reassigned.

However, budget reductions need to be made thoughtful. The experience with the sequester has shown that budget cuts across the board are not only nonsensical, they are counterproductive. Individual departments that shouldn't get reduced did, while other departments didn't get reduced enough. Also, many departments have essential services that can't be cut, like the Department of Energy's nuclear weapons program. That means that other services within the same department are getting cut even more, like the Department of Energy's science mission. This particular budget cut of the last sequester gave other countries, like China, a huge technological advantage. We have fallen behind China in certain technologies that do have national security applications by about 5 years thanks to the sequester. President Trump's request can add 5-10 years to that, based on what I have seen. Go China, I guess.

Realize that discretionary spending is not the major piece of the US budget, mandatory spending is. We had a discussion on the stupidity of then candidate Trump's budget plans a few months ago, where I showed you that his math doesn't add up. He now faces reality, where his unrealistic campaign promises hit the wall of being impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    When I was in the Navy, in my division each quarter if we didn’t spend all of the money we were allotted, we would have that amount we didn’t spend reduced from the next quarter’s allowance, so items were bought just to say we spent all of the money and won’t lose the money in the next quarter. Now multiply Navy wide and then for the other defense departments and were talking some big money wasted. I would think that mindset was very common throughout the various government departments. So you can see how I feel there could and can be cuts throughout the government.
    Ditto.

Well, President Trump came out with his budget request and it is not only DOA with Congress, but also the **** show that I predicted. Go China, I guess!

For those lemmings that have no clue, President Trump's budget request includes huge cuts for the NIH, NSF and DOE Office of Science, all of which fund leading edge research that makes America First in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). So much for that slogan, "America First". may be he should rename it to "China First".

WaPo | What Trump cut in his budget

America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again, or not.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Well, President Trump came out with his budget request and it is not only DOA with Congress, but also the **** show that I predicted. Go China, I guess!

For those lemmings that have no clue, President Trump's budget request includes huge cuts for the NIH, NSF and DOE Office of Science, all of which fund leading edge research that makes America First in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). So much for that slogan, "America First". may be he should rename it to "China First".

WaPo | What Trump cut in his budget

America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again, or not.
    You are brilliant. Some people are smart. Some people are stupid. The difference is smart people understand when they are getting screwed and stupid people only beg to get screwed harder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk