Schumer says Dems will filibuster Gorsuch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schumer says Dems will filibuster Gorsuch

By Stephen Dinan and Alex Swoyer
    Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer said Thursday that Democrats will attempt to filibuster Judge Neil Gorsuch’s nomination, saying he would tilt the Supreme Court too far away from what Democrats want to see.
    “After careful deliberation I have concluded that I cannot support Judge Neil Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court,” Mr. Schumer said, announcing his filibuster on the Senate floor.
    Read More: Charles Schumer says Democrats will filibuster SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch - Washington Times
    My Thoughts:
    This is exactly why the American public thinks the people in Washington are complete A holes. The Democrats gave Gorsuch a 100% vote when he was going for approval of the 10th federal circuit court.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

The answer to the question of why is 293.

The Democrats are going to try to block everything the Republicans try to do and the Republicans are going to try to block everything the Democrats try to do. That's the way it is going to be until the Federal government collapses. Neither party gives a crap about doing anything for America any more, it's all about sticking it to the other party.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

To: Mitch McConnell - Senate's "Nuclear Option".

No more BS on this.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The Democrats are going to try to block everything the Republicans try to do and the Republicans are going to try to block everything the Democrats try to do. That's the way it is going to be until the Federal government collapses. Neither party gives a crap about doing anything for America any more, it's all about sticking it to the other party.
    Schumer says Dems will filibuster Gorsuch-hires_wide-1b36714d38740bbe00f92b55883bc9049e458fee.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RedWriter2015 View Post
    To: Mitch McConnell - Senate's "Nuclear Option".

No more BS on this.
    Dumb move if he does, no strategic thinking. R's will be back in the minority at some point. They'll want to oppose a liberal SCOTUS pick, won't have any tools left in the tool box to block if they do. But shooting themselves in the foot so they don't have a leg to stand on seems to be the order of the day. AHCA is bad legislation according to pretty much everybody. So we'll see how successful they are justifying skyrocketing premiums to their senior voters come 18' and 20'.

Schumer is using the threat of filibuster as a bargaining chip with the Republicans. The nuclear option was created by the Democratic Party to do exactly what Mitchell will do if necessary. It is the Democrats that shot themselves in the foot by starting this BS in the beginning and it is coming back to haunt them. That ploy can help/hurt either party when used. Just another silly game used by politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    So we'll see how successful they are justifying skyrocketing premiums to their senior voters come 18' and 20'.
    Seems like they are going to have the same justification they had 24 hours ago - OBAMACARE.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Seems like they are going to have the same justification they had 24 hours ago - OBAMACARE.
    Perhaps, however the republican party is exposed as exactly whaht democrats have always said they were, failures. You can't hang that on peolsi, schumer, or obama. Its all on Trump, Ryan, & McConnell. They will have to answer thier voters for their failure. The same thing with Gorsuch. They have the same likelihood of gettin 8 democratic votes as they did of passing trumpcare with those same votes.

The Democrats have something the Republicans don't have, and haven't had for years...unity. The Democrats, as much as I dislike them, are united in their efforts and are able to counter the GOP nearly at every turn. Some of the best Democrats up there are the 34 Republicans who went against their party and caused the failure to end Obamacare. Ryan has been quoted as saying he doesn't really support Trump so he may not have been cracking his whip to bring everyone of them in line. If he can't control them he needs to be replaced with a stronger person. Weak sisters all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast