Next Week's New Yorker Cover - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Week's New Yorker Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

Actually I think, just my opinion, it is exceedingly hilarious that the complaining never ends nor do the subjects of the complaints ever change regardless of who wins the election. The only thing that changes is who is doing the complaining.
    And you've made my point for me. The opposition gets to do the complaining and the pointing. As conservatives are fond of pointing out, elections have consequences, and Democrats and Liberals get to point out every flaw, mistake, lie, hypocritical remark, and legal violation made by the majority. To that point, Don Cheetolini provides so, so, so much material! If you don't want to acknowledge the blatant nepotism, corporate welfare and pandering, and blatant corruption by corporate cronies in the house that Cheeto built, that's your business. The left won't shut up about it, and we will get our investigations. You got 4 years out of 1 dead ambassador, 3 dead CIA contractors, and some e-mails that revealed nothing. We have confirmed Nepotim, Russian hacking, Trump campaign chairs laundering money, NSC officials working illegally as an unregistered foreign agent with access to classified material all while lying about communicating with the Russian Ambassador, and the President conducting a meeting about classified North Korean activity in a public dining room. And it's been 75 days into a 4 year term.

Now you wanna tell me which actions are closer to treason? Mind you everything I've mentioned is EXTREMELY well documented in the public domain. Can you tell me how the Right would have treated Obama or Clinton if the situation was reversed? Which scandal would have had them screaming traitor?

Republicans are content to ignore all of those things. So don't talk to me about hypocricy...The right is bathed from head to toe in it, and until they clean house they won't get point one from me.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

Actually I think, just my opinion, it is exceedingly hilarious that the complaining never ends nor do the subjects of the complaints ever change regardless of who wins the election. The only thing that changes is who is doing the complaining.
    And you've made my point for me. The opposition gets to do the complaining and the pointing. As conservatives are fond of pointing out, elections have consequences, and Democrats and Liberals get to point out every flaw, mistake, lie, hypocritical remark, and legal violation made by the majority. To that point, Don Cheetolini provides so, so, so much material! If you don't want to acknowledge the blatant nepotism, corporate welfare and pandering, and blatant corruption by corporate cronies in the house that Cheeto built, that's your business. The left won't shut up about it, and we will get our investigations. You got 4 years out of 1 dead ambassador, 3 dead CIA contractors, and some e-mails that revealed nothing. We have confirmed Nepotim, Russian hacking, Trump campaign chairs laundering money, NSC officials working illegally as an unregistered foreign agent with access to classified material all while lying about communicating with the Russian Ambassador, and the President conducting a meeting about classified North Korean activity in a public dining room. And it's been 75 days into a 4 year term.

Now you wanna tell me which actions are closer to treason? Mind you everything I've mentioned is EXTREMELY well documented in the public domain. Can you tell me how the Right would have treated Obama or Clinton if the situation was reversed? Which scandal would have had them screaming traitor?

Republicans are content to ignore all of those things. So don't talk to me about hypocricy...The right is bathed from head to toe in it, and until they clean house they won't get point one from me.
    And you have made my point with exceeding clarity. The losing side will pick and choose what to complain about secure in the belief that what they have chosen is the end all/be all proof of wrong doing by the winning side.

Comparing who's crimes are worse than the other guy's crimes is not a valid argument since those who commit crimes should be punished regardless of whether those crimes were committed by the guy/gal you like or the guy/gal you don't like.

Oh.. and interestingly enough it isn't me but you who mentioned hypocrisy.

Another thing.... if all those things against Trump and crew are so EXTREMELY well documented in the public domain it shouldn't be difficult for you to provide cites and/or links to actual factual proof of them. Right? And don't forget... it is not up to me to go searching to prove you are correct. You said it so it is up to you to provide the actual facts that support your statement.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

So where is the cover of Obummer playing golf on the White House lawn. He holds the record for goll rounds by any President in history. Left Wing MSM Fake News.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    So where is the cover of Obummer playing golf on the White House lawn. He holds the record for goll rounds by any President in history. Left Wing MSM Fake News.
    No, Obama Played approximately 300 rounds of golf in 8 years.

Eisenhower (A Republican) currently holds the record of 800 games in 8 years. My Source

Trump is currently 10 weeks into his term and has played 14 rounds of golf and had 5 weekend trips to Mar-a-lago. At $3 million a trip, that comes out to $15 million dollars in 10 weeks. Mind you, in the whole 8 years Obama was in office, his tab came to $82 million dollars total for vacations, an average of $12 million a year for vacations. Trump has blown past that in 10 weeks and has another planned trip there for this weekend. If he spends every other weekend at Mar-a-lago at $3 million a pop...he's on course to spend $78 million in one year on trips to his resort alone. That's not much less than the Obama's spent in 8 years.
    Here's were I got my info.

I know Trump doesn't believe in facts, but in this case the numbers don't lie. Next time try doing some basic research BEFORE you go spewing, you just reinforce stereotypes when you don't.

6. Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Not to mention the security violations he's committed by taking Top Secret info in an open dining room.
    Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    I know Trump doesn't believe in facts, but in this case the numbers don't lie. Next time try doing some basic research BEFORE you go spewing, you just reinforce stereotypes when you don't.
    Maybe you should take your own advice!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Proof?

Maybe you should take your own advice!
    Mar-a-Lago Member Posts Photos of Trump Reacting to NK Missile Launch | Fox News Insider

Mar-a-Lago member takes photos of Trump briefing - Business Insider

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ises-questions

3 respectable sources on different aspects of the incident in which sensitive material and discussion of the incident would have been had in public. At the very least it should have been moved to a private room or a mobile "scif?" which would have been available on site. How about KNOWINGLY having an unregistered foreign agent (Mike Flynn) on the payroll for 3 weeks with access to classified material before being forced to fire him because the press was doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by s&w29 View Post
    no, obama played approximately 300 rounds of golf in 8 years.

Eisenhower (a republican) currently holds the record of 800 games in 8 years. my source

trump is currently 10 weeks into his term and has played 14 rounds of golf and had 5 weekend trips to mar-a-lago. At $3 million a trip, that comes out to $15 million dollars in 10 weeks. Mind you, in the whole 8 years obama was in office, his tab came to $82 million dollars total for vacations, an average of $12 million a year for vacations. Trump has blown past that in 10 weeks and has another planned trip there for this weekend. If he spends every other weekend at mar-a-lago at $3 million a pop...he's on course to spend $78 million in one year on trips to his resort alone. That's not much less than the obama's spent in 8 years.
    here's were i got my info.

i know trump doesn't believe in facts, but in this case the numbers don't lie. Next time try doing some basic research before you go spewing, you just reinforce stereotypes when you don't.
    bfd

9. Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Mar-a-Lago Member Posts Photos of Trump Reacting to NK Missile Launch | Fox News Insider

Mar-a-Lago member takes photos of Trump briefing - Business Insider

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ises-questions

3 respectable sources on different aspects of the incident in which sensitive material and discussion of the incident would have been had in public. At the very least it should have been moved to a private room or a mobile "scif?" which would have been available on site. How about KNOWINGLY having an unregistered foreign agent (Mike Flynn) on the payroll for 3 weeks with access to classified material before being forced to fire him because the press was doing their job.
    Like I said.... proof? How does anyone know that these "sensitive documents" were classified in any manner? They could have been looking at newspaper headlines. You are just as bad as Trump - taking a newspaper or TV news story and running with it as OMG!! LOOK AT THIS! TOP SECRET DOCUMENTS examined over beers at the bar!!!!!!

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Like I said.... proof? How does anyone know that these "sensitive documents" were classified in any manner? They could have been looking at newspaper headlines.
    Then I can assume that you're fine with the President discussing national security matters in public at dinner? Okay.

11. Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Then I can assume that you're fine with the President discussing national security matters in public at dinner? Okay.
    Were you there? Do you know what the President discussed in public at dinner? Of course the media would never blow any little thing completely out of proportion, now would they?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12