Democrats to invoke the 25th Amendment; Questioning Trump's Mental Health

Thread: Democrats to invoke the 25th Amendment; Questioning Trump's Mental Health

Democrats to invoke the 25th Amendment; Questioning Trump's Mental Health

The Democrats are still hemorrhaging over the election loss in November and are trying everything possible to run Trump out of office. Now there is talk of using the 25th Amendment in an attempt to force him out, declaring him mentally unfit. There is so much desperation in the Democratic Party over the revelations of the wrongdoings of the last several years, and the possibility of further revelations, that all of it's members are sweating bullets. The current Democrats may pull it off but I think it will be disastrous for them in their next elections. This information was gathered from Breitbart and The Hill.

"A growing number of Democrats are openly questioning President Trump’s mental health.

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) in a floor speech this week called for a review of the Constitution's procedures for removing a president. He warned the 25th Amendment of the Constitution falls short when it comes to mental or emotional fitness for office. Another statement was, "Blumenauer said he is working to introduce legislation that would allow for living former presidents and vice presidents to form that body that would determine whether the president is mentally fit for office."

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) during a weekend interview with CNN’s “State of the Union” said that “a few” Republican colleagues have expressed concern to him about Trump's mental health.

And Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) plans to introduce legislation that would require the presence of a psychiatrist or psychologist in the White House.

The Democrats justify their questions by pointing to Trump’s habit of making demonstrably false claims. At a press conference Thursday, he said he’d had the biggest Electoral College win since President Ronald Reagan, for example, when his margin was lower than either of President Obama’s wins.
    Blumenauer told The Hill he started taking another look at the 25th Amendment because Trump had casually repeated easily disproven claims, such as stating that it wasn’t raining during his speech on Inauguration Day when it was.

“It’s not normal behavior. I don’t know anybody in a position of responsibility that doesn’t know if they’re being rained on. And nobody I work with serially offers up verifiably false statements on an ongoing basis,” he said in an interview steps from the House chamber.

But suggesting the president has a mental health problem invites criticism that Democrats are going too far.

“It’s divisive. The bottom line is, if Trump doesn’t succeed, we all fail. It’s time to give the guy a chance,” said Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-Tenn.).

Reps. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) and Mike Simpson (R-Idaho) both burst out laughing when told some Democratic colleagues were questioning Trump’s mental health."

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The Democrats justify their questions by pointing to Trump’s habit of making demonstrably false claims.
    Well, I must admit, there does seem to be one big difference between Trump and the Clintons or Obama. Trump does actually believe the lies he tells. Obama and the Clintons knew they were lying.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Well, I must admit, there does seem to be one big difference between Trump and the Clintons or Obama. Trump does actually believe the lies he tells. Obama and the Clintons knew they were lying.
    It is rather hilarious when some of Trump's so-called fabrications turn out to be true. That is why the Dems are screaming so loudly....they have been caught and their only defense is to get Trump out of office before they all get caught up in the mess.

5. I Propose a panel of citizens from all the red states be made up to determine if some of our Senators and Congressmen from both sides of the aisle. are insane, senile or just plain demented to stay in office.
    Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy

Here's an undeniable political reality. The drip, drip, drip of intelligence leaks with regards to his campaign's misconduct, coupled with his administration's daily confirmable lies has begun to alienate fellow republicans. It exposes the cracks within the Republican party, such as the fact that he's fighting with both the Freedom Caucus and Democrats. His current approval rating is hovering somewhere between 35% and 49% depending on which poll you look at. It all boils down to the fact that he's burning political capital he doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Here's an undeniable political reality. The drip, drip, drip of intelligence leaks with regards to his campaign's misconduct, coupled with his administration's daily confirmable lies has begun to alienate fellow republicans. It exposes the cracks within the Republican party, such as the fact that he's fighting with both the Freedom Caucus and Democrats. His current approval rating is hovering somewhere between 35% and 49% depending on which poll you look at. It all boils down to the fact that he's burning political capital he doesn't have.
    I think, my opinion worth exactly what was paid for it, is that Trump is not a politician and isn't playing the political game. And that is what is making the politicians angry and upset since Trump has changed how business in Washington D.C. is done from a game of playing the angles to gain personal power to actually getting something done that is in the interest of us lowly people.

But that is just my opinion.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

I recommend each Democrat be given a coloring book, crayons, a teddy bear, and a blanky and a safe space to hide so they can GET OVER IT, YOU INFANTILE SMUCK!.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I recommend each Democrat be given a coloring book, crayons, a teddy bear, and a blanky and a safe space to hide so they can GET OVER IT, YOU INFANTILE SMUCK!.
    Anger issues snowflake?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    There are a couple games being played out in politics these days. One is small-ball, the other is big-picture. The small-ballers focus entirely on personality. Trump is not likable if you're on his bad side, so the doctrine dictated by the cult of personal destruction kicks in, and the small-ballers go on the attack with little or no actual issue-oriented foundations to their rants.

As with society in general, big-picture players are the minority that has very little influence towards getting things done. They focus almost entirely on issues, and legal, ethical and moral analysis is most often their bailiwick. Personality is almost never a part of their arguments. They drill down through the available information to draw conclusions about whether or not politicians adhere to The Constitution, or even consider it in the performance of their duties. They test politicians against the promises they make/made to get elected. They hold principle above party, and judge their servants only on what they do in office, not on petty personality traits and/or unimportant discourtesies they may be picked up on a hot mic spewing towards their detractors.

It is possible for big-picture Republicans to oppose Trump. The same cannot be said for small-ball Republicans. A couple of examples are in order here....

One of the most blatantly unconstitutional Executive Orders of Obama's was DACA, where he defied the will of The People as-expressed by Congress' repeated refusals to pass the Dream Act in 2010, but Obama ordered it enforced in 2013 as though it had passed. Trump promised many times during the campaign to rescind all of Obama's unconstitutional EOs, and specifically targeted DACA as one of those orders on several occasions. He has yet to do a single thing to rescind or otherwise revise the order to comply with The Constitution's mandated way of passing law.

Big-picture players discuss and analyze that issue and criticize, perhaps oppose, Trump over a significant broken promise.

Small-ballers discuss that issue by criticizing and maligning the big-picture players by making it out that they're party traitors, or that they're leftists or snowflakes or never-Trumpers or cry-babies, what have you. In short, they ignore the Republican Party's claim to be the "conservative" party that is ever-vigilant in preserving and protecting The Constitution, and further ignore Trump's usurpation of The Constitution as they unflinchingly continue to support him in spite of his administration still conducting the unconstitutional EO-based program known as DACA.

Big-picture players discuss the issue of federal funding of Planned Parenthood and criticize and oppose Trump and congressional Republicans for not doing something about it.

Small-ballers ignore that once all-important issue to Republicans and say things like, "Well, at least Trump's not Billary and Ryan's not Pelosi or Schumer."

Big-picture players wonder why it matters if Trump, Ryan and McConnell are running government if they're going to continue funding the same murderous programs that Obama and Pelosi et al have supported for decades?

Big-picture players voted for Trump and congressional Republicans in large part because they promised to repeal ObamaCare, but when RyanCare moved out of committee and onto the Floor, there was no repeal to be found. RyanCare was just a series of tweaks of ObamaCare, and many commentators who have scrutinized it say it would cost older folks more than O'Care does. The only big-picture players in Congress on that issue were the Freedom Caucus members and, as in the wider society in general, they were/are a small minority. Trump, being the Head of the small-ball caucus, immediately started talking about the Freedom Caucus as the enemy who would be fought against in the same ways as Democrats come 2018. Freedom Caucus big-picture players are the only Republicans in Congress who upheld their campaign promises to only accept repeal of ObamaCare. The small-ballers were/are all promise-breakers, yet their voters remain loyal to them.

Small-ball Democrats talk about impeachment and invoking the 25th Amendment etc., seemingly never realizing that Republicans own the Rainbow House, both houses of Congress, and will soon again have a majority of Republican-appointed Supreme Court Justices seated.

Small-ball Republicans go all a'twitter worrying about what powerless Democrats say about such things.

Big-picture players don't sweat the small stuff, and worry more about Gorsuch's record and history since he refused to answer many questions about his view of The Constitution. The questions he did answer would make any truly conservative big-picture player run from him like their hair was on fire, as he depends on, like every other judicial coward in American history, stare decisis as the #1 consideration in whether or not a past ruling should (or can) be overturned. Such judges promulgate the notion that SCOTUS Justices are infallible, and as such, blatantly unconstitutional rulings like Roe, domestic spying, the decimation of the probable cause clause of the Fourth Amendment and dozens, if not hundreds, of other examples of judicial overreach, ain't goin' nowhere. It is unfathomable that a modern judge who thinks past judges' abilities to understand The Constitution are superior to his own abilities simply by virtue of having been appointed at an earlier point in time than he was, is supported by modern so-called "conservatives."

I fail to understand why anyone cares what powerless Dems are saying about what they'd do to Trump if they weren't powerless. Turn your back on and ignore them and get busy working on fulfilling your campaign promises! Instead, they ignore the campaign promises and indulge the powerless small-ballers with their obfuscations and meaningless distractions.

I also fail to understand why today's Republicans seemingly couldn't care less about basic ideals of conservatism that used to be the claimed defining characteristic of Republicans. Right to life, smaller, less intrusive government (nix ObamaCare!), lower spending and lower taxes, reverence and deference to and for The Constitution - what the heck happened to Republicans with all those (and more) things? I don't know the answer to that question, but it's for sure that it can't be found anywhere on this board.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...