A Lesson in History - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: A Lesson in History

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    You do know that church membership doesn't prove that someone is a Christian, right?

    Where and when did Roof say, "I am a born-again believer and follower of Jesus Christ" or something similar?

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,904
    In the very near future the Muslim threat worldwide will be a thing of the past, however, the measures God uses to deal with this evil situation (Psalm 83/Isaiah 17/Ezekiel 38-39) will bring on something much worse...(Matthew 24:21) "A time of great suffering, the kind that hasn't happened from the beginning of the world until now and certainly won't ever happen again".
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to HELL"

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Religion isn't the issue ideaology is, Christians have their own history of Religion being the justification for killing and plunder. A muslim lawyer recently pointed this out to a white supremacist who pushed the same point you're pushing...just in much simpler terms. Here's the link: White Supremacist Asks Muslim Lawyer Why There Is No 'Christian ISIS,' Gets Schooled. | Someecards Politics

    Below is his reply.

    Attachment 16638

    Attachment 16639

    Attachment 16640
    Which exact words of Christ support these actions? Please cite chapter and verse.

    BTW, who in Africa provided the slaves for the slave trade? Who in America were most of the abolitionists? Don't forget, the American abolition movement was spurred by the Christian revival movement commonly known as the Second Great Awakening.

    Hate groups (KKK, Nazis, Aryan Nations) still exist because sin still exists in the hearts of mankind. They don't exist to promote Christian ideals, that's for sure.

    There is a lot more to the historical facts of the Salem Witch Trials, such as how Christian leaders were against them and superstitious beliefs. One good example is the truth about the involvement by Cotton and Increase Mather.

    A New Look at the Salem Witch Trials

    Third world nationals often take some of Christian vocabulary and concepts and jumble it up with animism, ancestor worship, and other aspects of local traditional religions to create their own version of a religion that suits their needs. That certainly doesn't make them Christians.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    No, my nationality is not relevant as your post above proves. You're attempting to pigeonhole me as one thing or another so you can pin ad hominem attacks on me. So no i will not tell you my nationality. Just as i won't view your right wing video. Your ignorance and anecdotes do not have the same weight or validity as my facts. So cite actual statistics and facts or stuff it.

    That is how you have a debate.
    Nah, you don't have to tell your nationality but that indicates to me that you might be hiding something that might take away from your argument. Doesn't matter, you have indicated how you feel
    which seems to be contrary to the rest of the country. You will have to pardon my ignorance of the facts you spout. I can read them as well as you but there is one big difference, I'm more into the real world than in books. Your figures such as, "1 in 450,000" as an example might indicate slim odds, unless you happen to be that one, don't you think? And where does that "1" start? What if it started with you? Would that change your opinion? I do understand, and have studied, statistics but I am not naive enough to take the printed word over something or someone standing in front of me.

    I wouldn't view the video either if I were afraid it might prove what is being said about what is befalling us, and the consequences which might occur. As the picture says, continue looking the other way.

    A Lesson in History-wocado10100-power-willful-ignorance_800x420.jpg

  6. Oldgrunt, Reba, Bikenut, Ringo, et al,

    The problem with your argument is that you are lumping all Muslims into one group and proclaiming them to all be as radicalized as ISIS, and then playing 'No True Scotsman" to say that Christians aren't and never have been just like Muslims.

    There are Christians out there with beliefs every bit as dangerous as ISIS, and Muslims out there that only want peace with their fellow man.

    Willful ignorance allows you to cherry-pick the good parts from the Bible, and ignore the truly evil passages. While you cherry-pick the evil passages from the Koran, and ignore the good parts.

    The only reason I still read new posts here is to be reminded how racist, ignorant and evil the average Trump supporters are, so thank you.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Oldgrunt, Reba, Bikenut, Ringo, et al,

    The problem with your argument is that you are lumping all Muslims into one group and proclaiming them to all be as radicalized as ISIS, and then playing 'No True Scotsman" to say that Christians aren't and never have been just like Muslims.
    Just to set the record straight, I've never said that all Muslims are in one group or that they're all radicalized as ISIS.

    Obviously, Christians couldn't be "just like Muslims" because the two groups have two different sets of beliefs and worldviews. Whether or not you see that as a good thing or a bad thing, the fact is, they are different.

    There are Christians out there with beliefs every bit as dangerous as ISIS, and Muslims out there that only want peace with their fellow man.
    As a Christian, whenever I hear about a professed Christian doing evil, it grieves my heart. If someone does evil, I condemn it. I do not believe the ends justify the means as an excuse. Anyone who claims the name "Christian" and does evil must be held accountable.

    Willful ignorance allows you to cherry-pick the good parts from the Bible, and ignore the truly evil passages. While you cherry-pick the evil passages from the Koran, and ignore the good parts.
    There are no "good parts" vice "truly evil passages" in the Bible. Every word is for our edification, like it or lump it. Certainly there are passages in the Bible that bring us hope and comfort, while others touch us with rebuke and conviction (unto repentance) but they are all for our benefit.

    The only reason I still read new posts here is to be reminded how racist, ignorant and evil the average Trump supporters are, so thank you.
    Trump supporters? The campaign is over.

  8. The doctrine of true Christianity is not a doctrine of murder and barbarism. The fundamental doctrine of Islam is the elimination of anyone who rejects Muhammad and Islam.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Oldgrunt, Reba, Bikenut, Ringo, et al,

    The problem with your argument is that you are lumping all Muslims into one group and proclaiming them to all be as radicalized as ISIS, and then playing 'No True Scotsman" to say that Christians aren't and never have been just like Muslims.


    Willful ignorance allows you to cherry-pick the good parts from the Bible, and ignore the truly evil passages. While you cherry-pick the evil passages from the Koran, and ignore the good parts.

    The only reason I still read new posts here is to be reminded how racist, ignorant and evil the average Trump supporters are, so thank you.
    Roland: Reba seems to have taken you to task for your comments but I'll add a little more. In your NTS remark, you are assuming that we have classified the entire Muslim population as being radicalized. That is your assumption, but not true. We all know that there are good people in that group and, if they are put through the normal immigration processes of this country, chances are the radicalized ones will be detected and denied entry. At least we hope they will be detected and that is the reason for vetting. We vehemently object to them being dropped on us as they were in Europe.

    Once they are permitted entry, one would assume they are here to become Americans, learn our language, become self-supporting, be assimilated into society and everyone live happily ever after. That is not happening and the Muslims who are already here have established enclaves in our cities which have become "no-go" zones, even for our police. They have entered into, and are robbing, our welfare system. Our women are being assaulted on the streets by young hoodlums because they look at women differently than we do. They are trying to impose their standards on us rather that join in with us. They only want the amenities that can be provided here. Just the other day I read where the Muslim population of one city wanted to ban all pork products from being sold anywhere in city. Some jails have had to remove pork from the menus served to prisoners, even those who are not Muslim. They do not want to be like us, they want us to be like them. Sorry, that BS is not going to fly and we will not become a caliphate.

    I am glad that you are amused when reading our posts, even though you consider us to be racists, ignorant and evil. As for being Trump supporters, he is not the one we may have preferred but, he is the president, like it or not. I will give him credit for one thing, he has absolutely exposed the Democratic party and liberals, and their truly evil ways, for which I will personally be forever grateful.

    And with that I will bid you adieu. Have a good day.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,904
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Oldgrunt, Reba, Bikenut, Ringo, et al,

    The problem with your argument is that you are lumping all Muslims into one group and proclaiming them to all be as radicalized as ISIS, and then playing 'No True Scotsman" to say that Christians aren't and never have been just like Muslims.

    There are Christians out there with beliefs every bit as dangerous as ISIS, and Muslims out there that only want peace with their fellow man.

    Willful ignorance allows you to cherry-pick the good parts from the Bible, and ignore the truly evil passages. While you cherry-pick the evil passages from the Koran, and ignore the good parts.

    The only reason I still read new posts here is to be reminded how racist, ignorant and evil the average Trump supporters are, so thank you.
    Living proof of how much more difficult it is to hide one's ignorance than to acquire knowledge.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to HELL"

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Oldgrunt, Reba, Bikenut, Ringo, et al,

    The problem with your argument is that you are lumping all Muslims into one group and proclaiming them to all be as radicalized as ISIS, and then playing 'No True Scotsman" to say that Christians aren't and never have been just like Muslims.

    There are Christians out there with beliefs every bit as dangerous as ISIS, and Muslims out there that only want peace with their fellow man.

    Willful ignorance allows you to cherry-pick the good parts from the Bible, and ignore the truly evil passages. While you cherry-pick the evil passages from the Koran, and ignore the good parts.

    The only reason I still read new posts here is to be reminded how racist, ignorant and evil the average Trump supporters are, so thank you.
    The problem with bleeding heart folks is the inability to face the reality that when there is a group of people, whether that group be geographic, ideological, or faith, that has been proven to contain folks that wish to do us harm (terrorists) it is only common sense to look at the entire group with suspicion until individuals within that group are proven to not be a threat.

    As far as Trump supporters being racist, ignorant, and evil? I learned long ago that the hallmark of a liberal is to accuse anyone who doesn't agree with them of having the exact character faults they possess themselves. It's called ... projection.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast