A Lesson in History
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Lesson in History

A Lesson in History

At one time, this country had the will to fight back against the Muslims and did declare war against them. That was at a time when the country had leaders who were not politically correct and would stand up for us. The issue with Muslims was settled for many years but now we are again being plagued by them. The reference gives a summary of the Barbary Wars against the Muslims and should be a clarion call for us to do the same today.

Thomas Jefferson was right on in his comment:

"A religion based on supremacism, whose holy book not only condoned but mandated violence against unbelievers was unacceptable to him. His greatest fear was that someday this brand of Islam would return and pose an even greater threat to the United States."

Islam is trying to get it's tentacles into our society and was helped considerably by the Obama administration. Hopefully, there are some in government who can see what is happening and put an end to it. Unfortunately, our government is so fractured and influenced by the elitists that we will be totally overcome before most of the populace is even aware. What has happened to us?

Chain email about the Barbary pirates and Islam | PolitiFact

Religion isn't the issue ideaology is, Christians have their own history of Religion being the justification for killing and plunder. A muslim lawyer recently pointed this out to a white supremacist who pushed the same point you're pushing...just in much simpler terms. Here's the link: White Supremacist Asks Muslim Lawyer Why There Is No 'Christian ISIS,' Gets Schooled. | Someecards Politics

Below is his reply.

A Lesson in History-cisis1.jpg

A Lesson in History-cisis2.jpg

A Lesson in History-cisis3.jpg

Pointing out the atrocities committed by Christians in the past or present do not validate, excuse, justify, or diminish the atrocities committed by Islamist's in the past or present.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Pointing out the atrocities committed by Christians in the past do not validate, excuse, justify, or diminish the atrocities committed by Islamist's in the present.
    Yeah, he's pointing out past and present atrocities. The stuff in America and Africa are ongoing, and if the OP is going to bring Thomas Jefferson into the matter, then yes, the past atrocities of christians are more than fair game. Christians do not have clean hands, they're hands are soaked in more blood than Islam, simply by the fact christians have been around committing atrocities for 700 years more than the Muslim faith.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Pointing out the atrocities committed by Christians in the past do not validate, excuse, justify, or diminish the atrocities committed by Islamist's in the present.
    Yeah, he's pointing out past and present atrocities. The stuff in America and Africa are ongoing, and if the OP is going to bring Thomas Jefferson into the matter, then yes, the past atrocities of christians are more than fair game. Christians do not have clean hands, they're hands are soaked in more blood than Islam, simply by the fact christians have been around committing atrocities for 700 years more than the Muslim faith.
    And that makes what the Islamists are doing somehow OK? Or somehow less atrocious?

The idea of "Well they not only did it too but they did it even worse." is not a valid argument. Actually comparing the past and/or present atrocities of Islamists with the atrocities of Christians in hopes of diminishing the severity of the atrocities committed by the Islamists is rather insulting. Any and all atrocities committed in the name of religion should be held in equal disgust.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And that makes what the Islamists are doing somehow OK? Or somehow less atrocious?

The idea of "Well they not only did it too but they did it even worse." is not a valid argument. Actually comparing the past and/or present atrocities of Islamists with the atrocities of Christians in hopes of diminishing the severity of the atrocities committed by the Islamists is rather insulting. Any and all atrocities committed in the name of religion should be held in equal disgust.
    But that's just it...the OP is not holding them all in equal disgust...he's holding America as the "Shining Light on the Hill" when our government and our history is just as nasty and bloody as anyone else's. I'm pointing to the log in my own eye rather than the mote in my brothers. You're the one saying equivalence is not fair.

Bad news, yes it is fair. If you're going to hold up your religion, your ideology as superior, then be prepared to have it scrutinized. When Christian extremists and attrocities, past and present are held up to Islamic attrocities both are equally repugnant, both have a long and glorious history, and both are being committed down to the present day. One man drives a truck into a crowd in France and kills dozens, another man walks into a church on a Wednesday night and guns down 9 defenseless worshipers in South Carolina. One was a muslim, one was a christian white supremacist. Both are terrorists.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

But that's just it...the OP is not holding them all in equal disgust...he's holding America as the "Shining Light on the Hill" when our government and our history is just as nasty and bloody as anyone else's. I'm pointing to the log in my own eye rather than the mote in my brothers. You're the one saying equivalence is not fair.

Bad news, yes it is fair. If you're going to hold up your religion, your ideology as superior, then be prepared to have it scrutinized. When Christian extremists and attrocities, past and present are held up to Islamic attrocities both are equally repugnant, both have a long and glorious history, and both are being committed down to the present day. One man drives a truck into a crowd in France and kills dozens, another man walks into a church on a Wednesday night and guns down 9 defenseless worshipers in South Carolina. One was a muslim, one was a christian white supremacist. Both are terrorists.
    I am saying that the argument of equivalence is a pointless argument since the sins of one do not, and never will, validate the sins of the other.

Gee, I didn't realize that S&W29 either didn't get the meaning of what I said about Islam taking over here, or he doesn't care about Islamic ideology trumping our country. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I much prefer to remain loyal to our own country and its mores and do not at all like Islam taking over here. For all of our troubles, past and present, we in no way compare to the radical ideas of Muslims and believe that it would be sheer stupidity to allow them to dominate us. Muslims are about 1400 years behind the civilized world and their aim, wherever they go, is to dominate. Look at Europe. The Muslims are intimidating the indigenous people of every country where they have spread through crime and not being able to assimilate into civilized societies. They are demanding privileges, freely, which others have had to work for. Rape seems to be a sport freely practiced by Muslim men and, to them, no crime. Is that what you want in this country? Activities such as this are part of their religion as well their overall ideology. It is already happening here (Michigan, for example) and, if one doesn't get one's head out of the sand, the Muslims may one day have our heads on a pike. Sorry, that is not the future I want for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Gee, I didn't realize that S&W29 either didn't get the meaning of what I said about Islam taking over here, or he doesn't care about Islamic ideology trumping our country. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I much prefer to remain loyal to our own country and its mores and do not at all like Islam taking over here. For all of our troubles, past and present, we in no way compare to the radical ideas of Muslims and believe that it would be sheer stupidity to allow them to dominate us. Muslims are about 1400 years behind the civilized world and their aim, wherever they go, is to dominate. Look at Europe. The Muslims are intimidating the indigenous people of every country where they have spread through crime and not being able to assimilate into civilized societies. They are demanding privileges, freely, which others have had to work for. Rape seems to be a sport freely practiced by Muslim men and, to them, no crime. Is that what you want in this country? Activities such as this are part of their religion as well their overall ideology. It is already happening here (Michigan, for example) and, if one doesn't get one's head out of the sand, the Muslims may one day have our heads on a pike. Sorry, that is not the future I want for us.
    It's easy to say that when you're not on the receiving end of American foreign policy. You might have a different view if you were, your perspective changes when your child is blown up by an American bomb after you've taken him to what you thought was a safe place. Ooops....sorry about that, you shouldn't have been in a war zone. Our bad.

Europe is not America, you can't compare the continental American experience to the Continental European experience. It's harder to stop people when you're adjacent to 3 major conflict areas.

Until you can say you have Muslim friends and have talked to Muslim refugees, cared for maimed muslim children, your opinions are like your bellybutton. Completely useless.

It's easy to say that when you're not on the receiving end of American foreign policy. You might have a different view if you were, your perspective changes when your child is blown up by an American bomb after you've taken him to what you thought was a safe place. Ooops....sorry about that, you shouldn't have been in a war zone. Our bad.

Europe is not America, you can't compare the continental American experience to the Continental European experience. It's harder to stop people when you're adjacent to 3 major conflict areas.

Until you can say you have Muslim friends and have talked to Muslim refugees, cared for maimed muslim children, your opinions are like your bellybutton. Completely useless.
    S&W29: I don't need a history lesson old son. I am not a bleeding heart who is content to allow just anyone into our country. I have as much feeling and compassion for others as anybody but my first allegiance is to my own country. I am against letting anyone into the country whose expressed aim is to suppress us. Islam is not only a religion but an ideology which intends to subjugate the world. Sorry, I can't buy that and I am curious to know if you are trying to say that you do. If so, where in hell have you been hiding for the last few years?

For your edification, let me say that I have seen people who have been blown up by American bombs, adults and children. That happened because of the same type people I don't want to be allowed entry into this country. One would have to be extremely naive, or totally ignorant, about those people in order to give them carte blanche entry while knowing they are not the peaceful people/religion they profess to be. Muslims have other Muslim countries where they can be assimilated and, which if they are the people they say they are, should take them in. Look at what has happened to European countries who have allowed mass immigration of Muslims. No, I do not want them here doing the same thing. No one in their right mind would!

Above all, you should never forget how they ardently follow the words of Muhammed, who, if you will remember, calls for death to the infidels. WE are infidels and I do not intend to submit to them to be executed. If that makes me xenophobic, so be it. That's OK because I put my country first.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast