tomahawk missiles were launched against two Syrian chemical weapons air bases - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: tomahawk missiles were launched against two Syrian chemical weapons air bases

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Funny how, what is big news one day seems no big deal 2 days latter. The question now is, what are we going to do next?
    WE aren't going to do anything, we citizens that is, except sit here and have a daily rise and fall of the pucker factor. All we can do is watch the daily circus play out in Washington, with the "wes" against the "theys." One thumb in our mouths and the other in our nether regions, then switch every 30 minutes. The Congress should make a resolve to come together and finally do their jobs, regardless of political party, and worry about the country. Will they? If, and when, the first bomb hits us, we will know the answer.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post

    Not exactly how it happened. Copy and paste is not always accurate.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    WE aren't going to do anything, we citizens that is, except sit here and have a daily rise and fall of the pucker factor. All we can do is watch the daily circus play out in Washington, with the "wes" against the "theys." One thumb in our mouths and the other in our nether regions, then switch every 30 minutes. The Congress should make a resolve to come together and finally do their jobs, regardless of political party, and worry about the country. Will they? If, and when, the first bomb hits us, we will know the answer.
    OG, I believe that it will be those who are Left Behind that will know the answer. The only place that I can find in the Bible that describes the fate of America in these Last Days, beyond any doubt, is in Zechariah 12:3..."And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it". I say "beyond any doubt" because America is the number one carrier of "burden" pertaining to ISRAEL surrendering land for peace and dividing the city of Jerusalem to achieve a two state solution. We have God's word that America will be cut in pieces in the very near future. I believe for this reason America isn't mentioned in the Tribulation. Keep looking up...Maranatha!
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  5. America isn't mentioned in the Bible at all. Sorry. Any interpretation implying that America IS, simply results in a further loss of credibility in your argument.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    America isn't mentioned in the Bible at all. Sorry. Any interpretation implying that America IS, simply results in a further loss of credibility in your argument.
    Witt: This reference will plainly state that the U.S. is not mentioned in the Bible, by name, however there are several passages that may allude to us still being around but not of much significance any more. The speculation mentioned here is only a part of the reference. It is a good read for those interested in our future.


    The United States in Bible Prophecy | Lamb & Lion Ministries


    A Speculation


    I personally believe that the reason the U.S. is not mentioned in end time prophecy is because we will suddenly cease to be a world power and will therefore play no significant role in end time events.

    The destruction of American power is most likely to occur in two stages. The first could be an economic catastrophe that will result from our out of control debt situation. Our god is the dollar, and the Lord is going to destroy that god when the weight of our debt collapses our economy.

    The second stage could occur when Russia launches its invasion of Israel (prophesied in Ezekiel 38 and 39). I believe it is very likely that they will launch a preemptive nuclear attack against our nation, since we are the only country in the world that might possibly come to Israel’s defense. This attack may be hinted at in Ezekiel 39:6 where it says that fire will fall on “those who inhabit the coastlands in safety.”

    The Russian attack will probably come from submarines deployed off our East and West coasts. Each Russian sub carries more fire power than all the bombs dropped in World War II. Such an attack would give us only seven minutes warning, not even enough time to launch a counter attack.

    With the U.S. immobilized, the Russians will then attack Israel and, according to Ezekiel, their army will be wiped out supernaturally by God on the hills of Israel (Ezekiel 39:1-4). The greatest power vacuum in the history of mankind will be created almost overnight. The world will be gripped by panic.

    Into that vacuum will step a dynamic, charismatic European political personality who will be energized by Satan. He will begin to rally the world to his support through his brilliant proposals for world peace. The world will be mesmerized by him (Revelation 13:8).

  7. And if you read these passages 300 years ago, you would have applied them to a DIFFERENT nation.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    And if you read these passages 300 years ago, you would have applied them to a DIFFERENT nation.
    That was a very profound statement considering we weren't much of a nation at that time. If you will study history while following along with the Bible you will see the connections for today. But that isn't necessary if you don't want to believe.

    If you will go back to my last post, the reference I quoted mentioned possible Russian or N. Korean attacks by submarines off both of our coasts. I just read this little article which seems to indicate they may being making preparations for just such an event with submarines already out there. Naval activity prompts concerns of foreign submarine | Daily Mail Online. If we get hit, I would think we would be cut to pieces just like Ringo's reference.

    I watched a 1983 movie last night on the computer, "The Day After," which portrayed a nuclear attack on the U.S. It showed the destruction by the bomb blast and the effects of nuclear radiation on survivors. It wasn't a pretty sight and the film warned that the devastation that would occur today, with even more powerful nuclear weapons, would be devastating. So, no, it is doubtful that we would be of much threat at that time.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,897
    OG, knowing that God will destroy all but 1/6 of the invading armies, it's a pretty sure bet that Russia will, as you say, "launch a preemptive nuclear attack against our nation". There's a good reason why America isn't mentioned "specifically" in this Last Generation, I'm just glad I won't be here to find out why... Maranatha!
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  10. #19
    You know what is really scary? People that are so delusional and disconnected from reason or reality that they think like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    OG, I believe that it will be those who are Left Behind that will know the answer. The only place that I can find in the Bible that describes the fate of America in these Last Days, beyond any doubt, is in Zechariah 12:3..."And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it". I say "beyond any doubt" because America is the number one carrier of "burden" pertaining to ISRAEL surrendering land for peace and dividing the city of Jerusalem to achieve a two state solution. We have God's word that America will be cut in pieces in the very near future. I believe for this reason America isn't mentioned in the Tribulation. Keep looking up...Maranatha!
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    OG, knowing that God will destroy all but 1/6 of the invading armies, it's a pretty sure bet that Russia will, as you say, "launch a preemptive nuclear attack against our nation". There's a good reason why America isn't mentioned "specifically" in this Last Generation, I'm just glad I won't be here to find out why... Maranatha!
    Ringo: They may say we are delusional and have the inability to reason but, as you know, the Bible has already foretold of them. They actually help verify the truth of the Bible. Wonder what they will say when it happens, just as the Bible says?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast