tomahawk missiles were launched against two Syrian chemical weapons air bases - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tomahawk missiles were launched against two Syrian chemical weapons air bases

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Ringo: They may say we are delusional and have the inability to reason but, as you know, the Bible has already foretold of them. They actually help verify the truth of the Bible. Wonder what they will say when it happens, just as the Bible says?
    Even when it happens they will have zero comprehension....1% of the people make things happen, 9% of the people watch things happen, and 90% of the people will ask, what happened?
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    You know what is really scary? People that are so delusional and disconnected from reason or reality that they think like this.

The word scoffer denotes a person who is engaged in the act of jeering, scorning, or mocking. In this case, the Bible warns us about people who will be scoffing at the possibility of the Lord’s soon return. Please take note of the fact that the Bible zeroes in on a particular time in history. Peter tells us that these people will be around in the last days. Another key aspect of these people is the fact that they are following their own sinful desires.

Don’t ignore bible prophecy. Don’t poke fun of it or laugh at it (1 Thessalonians 5:19-22). Prophecy is behind almost every promise Christians hold near and dear. The promise of heaven… The hope of salvation… The joy of eternity with Jesus. Each is a promise from God guaranteeing our future. And what is prophecy if not a guarantee of future events? So don’t let what others think discourage you from studying bible prophecy. Remember, the world mocked and ridiculed Jesus. If you follow Him, He says you will be mocked and ridiculed as well (Matthew 10:22-25). Bible prophecy is the message of Jesus. And if you’re a Christian, you must be willing to endure persecution for it. Jesus said if anyone is ashamed of Him and His message, He will be ashamed of that person when He returns (Luke 9:23-26). Don’t be ashamed. Study bible prophecy. Let it enrich your life. For the whole purpose of prophecy is to glorify Jesus (Revelation 19:10).

~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Ok. So how was the word of God given to the entire world to let the entire world know that the Son of God walked the earth? Just asking.

And while we all ponder that consider this. Hitting a chemical weapon site by bombing the hell out of it really is not a good idea. The agent escapes during the explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Ringo: They may say we are delusional and have the inability to reason but, as you know, the Bible has already foretold of them. They actually help verify the truth of the Bible. Wonder what they will say when it happens, just as the Bible says?
    Last time I heard trumpets, was at my grandson's high school band concert.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

You being one of the 90%, earthly trumpets will be the only trumpets you'll ever hear.

~ An Atheist's Only Hope Is That There Is No Afterlife...Their Greatest Fear Is That There IS ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    You being one of the 90%, earthly trumpets will be the only trumpets you'll ever hear.
    Who are you to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    Who are you to judge?
    It's not judging, it's discerning, you know, the ability to decide between truth and error, right and wrong. Oh I'm sorry, it's obvious that you don't know. Let me help you to understand. First Thessalonians 5:21-22 teaches that it is the responsibility of every Christian to be discerning: "But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil." According to the New Testament, discernment is not optional for the believer-it's required. Failure to distinguish between truth and error leaves the Christian subject to all manner of false teaching. False teaching then leads to an unbiblical mindset (I'm sure that I don't have to explain that to you). Unfortunately, discernment is an area where most Christians stumble. They exhibit little ability to measure the things they are taught against the infallible standard of God's Word, and they unwittingly engage in all kinds of unbiblical decision making and behavior. In short, they are not armed to take a decidedly biblical stand against the onslaught of unbiblical thinking and attitudes such as yours and XD that face them throughout their day.

~ An Atheist's Only Hope Is That There Is No Afterlife...Their Greatest Fear Is That There IS ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~

Unfortunately, you might miss the most important trumpet of all. That will be a sad day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123