A little bit of History
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little bit of History

A little bit of History

Remember back in 2014 when Obama, Kerry, Rice went on national news spouting that the entire chemical weapons stockpile had been removed and destroyed?
    Now fast forward, just the other day Assad attacked a Syrian town with a chemical weapon called sarin that was told to the country was removed and destroyed back in 2014.
    Now here’s the big thousand dollar question; If we were outright lied to concerning the chemical weapons in Syria, what makes you think we were told the truth by Obama, Kerry, Rice concerning Iran and their nuclear program.
    Makes you wonder doesn’t it?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Remember back in 2003 when Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld went on national news spouting that Saddam had stockpiles of WMDs?

Fast forward to April 2003 when Baghdad fell, and not a single WMD could be found?

Remember May 2003 when Bush declared that the Iraq war was over?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

And where do you think Syria got those thousands of pounds of chemical weapons from, IRAQ.

5. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    And where do you think Syria got those thousands of pounds of chemical weapons from, IRAQ.
    or Russia?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A few years ago there was a news report showing a sat. video from the CIA of trucks going from Iraq to Syria loaded with chemical weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    ...Remember May 2003 when Bush declared that the Iraq war was over?
    No. And neither do you because he never said that. He said major combat operations in Iraq had ended, which was true at the time. He was speaking of the deposing of Saddam Hussein and the liberation of Iraq. He said so in that speech, which liberals, and apparently you, conveniently ignored.
    The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against terror. We have removed an ally of al-Qaida, and cut off a source of terrorist funding. And this much is certain: No terrorist network will gain weapons of mass destruction from the Iraqi regime, because the regime is no more.
    He also said:
    We have difficult work to do in Iraq. We are bringing order to parts of that country that remain dangerous.
    So please don't drag out that old liberal lie that he was claiming hostilities were over.
    And if you really want some truth, but you probably don't because it isn't convenient to your biased agenda, Bush didn't invade Iraq and the invasion wasn't mounted to find WMD. The UN authorized the invasion by a coalition comprising 40 different countries. And the reason was for non-compliance with UN resolutions. Check UN resolutions 660, 678, 1373 and 1441 if you really want facts. Two of those resolutions specifically authorized member nations to us force to enforce them.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Remember back in 2003 when Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld went on national news spouting that Saddam had stockpiles of WMDs?

Fast forward to April 2003 when Baghdad fell, and not a single WMD could be found?

Remember May 2003 when Bush declared that the Iraq war was over?
    Remember when the first inklings of invading Iraq were immediately after 9/11/2001?

Remember the next 14 months of making the case for the chem-WMDs being there between 2001 and 2003 before we went in?

Remember that during that 14 month period, as opsspec correctly (!!!!) alluded to, convoys of trucks were photographed by satellites coming and going from the chem-WMD sites to Syria that were being discussed in the UN at the same time?

I have come to change my mind about my then-support for going into Iraq, but I don't use propaganda and revisionist history to explain my reasons for the change in thinking. You shouldn't either.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    No. And neither do you because he never said that. He said major combat operations in Iraq had ended, which was true at the time. He was speaking of the deposing of Saddam Hussein and the liberation of Iraq. He said so in that speech, which liberals, and apparently you, conveniently ignored.
    And the Mission Accomplished banner on the bridge of the carrier, and that statement while stating;
    Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Remember when the first inklings of invading Iraq were immediately after 9/11/2001?

Remember the next 14 months of making the case for the chem-WMDs being there between 2001 and 2003 before we went in?

Remember that during that 14 month period, as opsspec correctly (!!!!) alluded to, convoys of trucks were photographed by satellites coming and going from the chem-WMD sites to Syria that were being discussed in the UN at the same time?

I have come to change my mind about my then-support for going into Iraq, but I don't use propaganda and revisionist history to explain my reasons for the change in thinking. You shouldn't either.

Blues
    A country that didn't have the first effing thing to do with 9/11, not a terrorist, not a weapon, and not the first $ of financial aid to the attack.

Oh but Saddam did threaten daddy bush years earlier.

He was too busy holding hands and playing kissy face with the king of the country that sourced 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    A country that didn't have the first effing thing to do with 9/11, not a terrorist, not a weapon, and not the first $ of financial aid to the attack.

Oh but Saddam did threaten daddy bush years earlier.

He was too busy holding hands and playing kissy face with the king of the country that sourced 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11.

But that's exactly what you did in the first post I replied to of yours.

This post, however, lists some of the valid reasons I did come to change my mind about going into Iraq.

You've gone from battin' 0.00 to .500. Congrats.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast