My plan to "celebrate" today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My plan to "celebrate" today

1. My plan to "celebrate" today

Since there's no way today's festivities will be cancelled because people actually will listen to and believe the truth about the poser they elected, I have an alternate plan to "celebrate" in my own way today. Here's my plan:

1) Go to my favorite gun shop and purchase a new firearm. Preferrably a new handgun, with a magazine larger than 10 rounds!!
    2) Since I have a CWP and can walk out with the firearm right after I buy it, take it home, clean and lube it up, and go to my local range and run about 500 rounds through it.
    3) During my travels, stop at my local Wally World and buy up as many rounds of ammunition as I can.
    4) After the range, come back home and clean ALL of my weapons.

This plan will do a few things. It will help the economy by putting money into muliple sources; it will allow me to exercise my Secind Amendment rights in multiple ways; and it will allow me to spend much of the day with like minded people, doing something I thoroughly enjoy.

Skip WallyWorld!

Hey, Magic, that sounds like a plan. However, is the price differential between W**mart and your local gun shops that much on ammo? For me, if it is within a few dollars, I go ahead and give it to my local gun shop. The big "W' has become very anti lately, so I don't give them much in the way of business. Except for corn dogs. Nobody else around here has them.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I bought a pistol that uses 32 round magazines and 500 rounds of ammo last night (inaugaration eve[???]). Think that meets your criteria for asserting my right to own a firearm?

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Talking My Plans.

Watch every Denzel Washington and Samuel L. Jackson VHS/DVD I have, tune into the the BET channel, eat some KFC fried-chicken. Watch Pulp Fiction (again), spin up some Mo-Town hits from the 60's thru the 70's, blast my neighbors with 'Legend' (Bob Marley) and send out some chain Yahoo e-cards: 'Black is Beautiful' to every contact I have south of the 'Mason-Dixion' line. Look forward to 'changes' hoping I get to keep at least my BB gun (You'll shoot your eye out kid!) and thank the good Lord the the Bush dynasty has finally come to a close leaving this nation so far in debt that 3/4 of it belongs to China/Japan, with so many jobless, closed businesses/corporations, U.S. cars stalled on production lines and banks needing bail-outs, involved in 2 unpopular & expen$ive wars, trying to figure out how on God's earth Osama bin Dickwad is still alive and satisfied that I may still have a V.A. system to crawl to if I get another Gulf War Syndrome flare-up!
    Play the rest as it comes my way. Oh-de-do-dah-day!

C-L

happy "dependence" day, everyone!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I'm celebrating by taking a couple of new shooters to Front Sight this weekend.

I'm also recording the inauguration, just in case there are any altercations worth watching.

It is a great time to buy a new firearm, while all the Democrats are distracted.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I don't know if any other stores are doing similar, but LA Police Gear is having an inauguration sale with 15% off everything. I'm going shopping.

LA Police Gear Tactical Gear featuring 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Surefire and Blackhawk
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I will take some time out today to pray for our Republic which is in grave danger.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

gpbarth Guest
    I pray for our nation daily, and although I will never accept Obama as my president, I will pray for him and his family, that God might open his eyes to the truth.

And I cannot celebrate this day, because it is not just an inauguration, it is a circus. A very expensive circus, with a lot of participating clowns. I'm not sure what I will do today (aside from sitting here and posting on the forum), but to me it's just another Tuesday, just like yesterday was just another Monday.

11. My plan to celebrate today

I really do not plan to celebrate today, as I see nothing to celebrate. Everyone keeps throwing around the word historic. The only thing I see that is historic is that, for the first time in the history of our country, we have settled the mantle of leadership on a person not born in the United States. In 2012, I want Arnold Schwarzenegger as president. He has as much right to occupy the White House as Osama,I mean Obama does. I thought it was interesting that Obama compared himself to Lincoln. I don't think any two things are more polar opposites than those two. I heard several references to the Emancipation Proclamation. It amazes me that a country as well-educated as the United States still has so many people that repeat the old saw that Lincoln freed the slaves. BS! The proclamation was a brilliant political move, but it did not actually free one slave. Even a cursory reading of that document reveals that Lincoln ordered that all slaves being held in states in opposition to the Uinion were free. I am sure that Jefferson Davis snapped is fingers and said, "Sure thing, Mr. Lincoln, we will take care of that right away." The Confederate States of America was not under the leadership of Abraham Lincoln, and Davis probably told Lincoln to go pee up a rope. If I were a president-elect, I would be leery of comparing myself to Lincoln. It is history, not a president's contamporaries that determines the greatness of a president. Lincoln, had they had popularity polls as we do today, would have had a very low rating. He was hated by everyone in the confederate states, as well as many in the North, blamed as being responsible for the Civil War. He was hated for suspending habeas corpus. Northern slave holders (yes, Virginia, there were slaves in Unnion states,)feared that Lincoln would extend his proclamation to northern states. History has shown Lincoln to be arguably our greatest president. People have been throwing mud at George Bush since before he was even elected, but some of us believe history will show him to be a better president than he is given credit for. All those people who bad-mouthed president Bush have four years of Obamato let people see what a lousy president may really be like.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast