Where is the urgency

Thread: Where is the urgency

Where is the urgency

Members of the House and Senate on average receive $174,000 per year to fulfill items that would make our country safer and economically better. So why are the members of the House not in session working in Washington for 124 days last year and the Senate for 84 days last year?
    The American public isn’t getting our money’s worth by a long shot with these type of days off during the year.
    Now that the Republicans have the House, Senate and the Presidency, there are only so many day’s until the 2018 election to fulfil all of their pre-election promises that they gave to their constituents to fix Obamacare, Tax reform and the economy, so it’s about time they knuckle down and do their damned job they were sent to Washington to do and stay in Washington and get these items done before it’s to late.
    The one major fix I would recommend besides staying in Washington more is term limits for everyone in Washington, because when you have a Congressman or Senator in power for an average of 24 years and some being there for over 35 years, it breeds incompetence and a lack of understanding what their constituents are worried about to the point where the only thing they really worry about is how they’re going to get reelected next time.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

3. Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Term limits haven't prevented the elections of multitudes of bad, corrupt or otherwise incompetent presidents or governors.

The only thing term limits have the potential to do is make it so The People can't vote for the representative or other elected official of their choice. If you're so stupid that you can't vote for a good, non-corrupt or otherwise competent elected official, then there should be voting limits. Otherwise, as-is true in presidential and some gubernatorial elections, you get the government you deserve even with term limits in place. And many people are too stupid to vote in their own best liberty-interests. I'd venture to say it's a wide majority of tone-deaf liberty-killers voting with no accountability for the idiots they put in office. Vote Limits NOW is my motto. Makes more sense than term limits.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The greatest omission from our Constitution and founding documents is the lack of term limits. There should be term limits for every elected office from city hall to Washington DC, no exceptions.

The 'professional politician' is the reason this country is circling the drain.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    The greatest omission from our Constitution and founding documents is the lack of term limits. There should be term limits for every elected office from city hall to Washington DC, no exceptions.

The 'professional politician' is the reason this country is circling the drain.
    Absolutely false. Voters are the reason.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...