Pastor who said Pulse nightclub victims ‘got what they deserve’ convicted molester - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pastor who said Pulse nightclub victims ‘got what they deserve’ convicted molester

1. Quote Originally Posted by RossA View Post
    BULLSEYE! You prove my point entirely. I point out a difference of opinion, and a liberal calls it an "attack". Conservatives like to stick to facts, liberals always claim that they are victims of hate. Liberalism could not exist if it was required to use facts rather than hurt feelings and accusations of hate.

Lol, you misrepresent yourself. You did not simply point out a "difference of opinion". You also distorted his signature line as an attack on anyone who believes in any sort of religion (it's not). You state outright with no evidence that he hates religious people, AND added an insinuation that he is compensating for something.

That is close enough to an an attack. Which is fair enough in this venue, but only a snowflake would claim he merely stated an opposing opinion and then whine about being called in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. All religion is nonsense, regardless of how much good or evil its adherents do. They needed myths back in the Bronze Age to explain the order of things. We don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldodds3 View Post
    All religion is nonsense, regardless of how much good or evil its adherents do. They needed myths back in the Bronze Age to explain the order of things. We don't.

If religion is a myth, why do you feel the necessity to demean it, and it's practitioners? If it is a myth, why should you, who seem to consider yourselves to be more enlightened than those who do believe, even take time to make inane comments? My personal opinion is that you do so from fear. Fear that God may be real and that the Bible is right and that you aren't living as you should as a believer. Belief, and adherence to the tenets of the religion, cause you to forego things and activities you like, but are forbidden by your religion. If an atheist says he does not believe in God, why should it even matter to him what others believe? This statement by XD illustrates why I think fear is the motivating factor in condemning religion:

"My stance is that I recognize the threat religions pose to mankind's future.... and all one has to do to see that is pick up a news paper or watch the evening news.
    We get fondled, scanned, profiled just to get on an airplane solely because of people committing horrendous acts base solely on their religion."

Religion, whether one chooses to acknowledge it or not, has established the rules we live by as a society. It is in only the backward countries where religion is barbaric and development is hundred of years behind the rest of the world. The rest of the world does seem to have common and shared values. It is from those backward and barbaric countries we are having problems today and cause the activities mentioned by XD. We never had problems like that until we had an influx of Muslims coming into our country and, rather than adhere to our ways and culture, decided to bring theirs here and for us to change. All the changes are derived from Islam and it's adherents. And, to our misfortune, we had a Muslim president who, for eight years, aided and abetted the Muslims in their attempt to change us. Now, we are sitting on our arses and failing to defend our own way of life from the barbarism.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiddySW View Post
    Ok it is wrong to say someone got what they deserved when they're murdered.
    Especially for a so called "man of god" who is to spew the love of the god he believes in. Makes it clear that when your god hates the same people you do, you invented your god.
    What concerns me about this post is the "baiting" for we who have a strong distaste for the LGBT crowd.
    So let me give you what a typical liberal's response would be in defense of us conservatives so maybe it will register:
    So of all the posts on this forum, Ops and his never ending obsession about Hillary, Ringo and his "sky is falling", "the ground is shaking", "jc is coming" "atheists going to burn in hell", etc. and they get a bye from you? Do you know the meaning of the word hypocrite? Not to mention the many anti-liberal threads started by a number of users.

"I feel that Republicans have to suffer as a result of anti-conservative hatred. I am personally offended because I identify as a Republican. It is not politically correct to say these hurtful things to us because we are different. I embrace the conservative nature that I was born with. I also identify as a Christian, and it breaks my heart that anyone would use slanderous remarks about me because I am part of a group they don't agree with. Why can't the LGBT community just love us too?"

How's that? Perhaps the ACLU will take up our case next time we are lumped together as we have been here! No, probably not because we're not "different" enough.
    Waaaaa your feelings are hurt? Aw poor baby, you sound like a whiny butt crybaby liberal, are your feeling hurt by the reality of life in the real world. Put on your big boy pants and get over yourself. You are behaving like the brat in the toy aisle in WalMart when mommy won't buy him the toy he wants.

OBTW, I am neither republican nor democratic, conservative nor liberal, there is a middle ground where the extremists on either side are seen for what they are, dangerous.

But I will give you a "gold star" for participating, so you won't be scarred for life, or run tell mommy.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    If religion is a myth, why do you feel the necessity to demean it, and it's practitioners?
    Because religion and its practitioners are the greatest threat to mankind's future.

*its ("it's" is a contraction for "it is")
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

7. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Especially for a so called "man of god" who is to spew the love of the god he believes in. Makes it clear that when your god hates the same people you do, you invented your god.

So of all the posts on this forum, Ops and his never ending obsession about Hillary, Ringo and his "sky is falling", "the ground is shaking", "jc is coming" "atheists going to burn in hell", etc. and they get a bye from you? Do you know the meaning of the word hypocrite? Not to mention the many anti-liberal threads started by a number of users.

Waaaaa your feelings are hurt? Aw poor baby, you sound like a whiny butt crybaby liberal, are your feeling hurt by the reality of life in the real world. Put on your big boy pants and get over yourself. You are behaving like the brat in the toy aisle in WalMart when mommy won't buy him the toy he wants.

OBTW, I am neither republican nor democratic, conservative nor liberal, there is a middle ground where the extremists on either side are seen for what they are, dangerous.

But I will give you a "gold star" for participating, so you won't be scarred for life, or run tell mommy.
    Funny. You don't seem to understand that was exactly the point: It's how the typical liberal WOULD respond, NOT MY response.
    See: #Sarcasm = the thing you didn't get, which pretty much makes all of your points look that much more ridiculous.

Have a nice one :)

USAF(Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Because religion and its practitioners are the greatest threat to mankind's future.

*its ("it's" is a contraction for "it is")
    As I said, the "fear" factor" is the problem with unbelievers. Fear that they may be wrong! No threat otherwise.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    As I said, the "fear" factor" is the problem with unbelievers. Fear that they may be wrong! No threat otherwise.
    OG: Eternity is too long to be wrong :)

It's almost amusing how those who claim to not believe spend so much time attacking those who do. Almost.

USAF(Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Ah yes, Pascal's Wager....... again.

OK, I'll play......

There is a god and you damn well better grovel and kowtow throughout your short existence in this life or suffer for all eternity.

The problem, your god is not the correct god..... and every time you pray, praise, worship your god, you are really pizzing off the actual god.... and he's keeping score.

See how silly your silly little fear mongering is?

/probably not....

11. XD: That statement was not directed at you, and I'm sorry you think it was. Using fear as a tactic to "save souls" is not on my agenda. I'd much prefer to utilize rational discussion. However, you seem predisposed to view Christians as hypocritical and devious (see "fear mongering") so you would probably assume I'm like that out of the gate and not be interested in such a civil discussion.

Whatever the case, you can be sure that I wish all of mankind a good, peaceful existence, and all I seek to do is to allow the light of Christ in my own life to brighten the lives of others.

Christians do not have the whole "convert, die or pay our tax for not being one of us" system going on. But rest assured, one day ISIS and their like will run into the wrong Christians.

Peace be with you XD.
    ~Smiddy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast