Pastor who said Pulse nightclub victims ‘got what they deserve’ convicted molester - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pastor who said Pulse nightclub victims ‘got what they deserve’ convicted molester

Like I said I don't know the FL laws, or if the club was posted. I'm guessing there was alcohol, and most states have zero tolerance for carrying while consuming alcohol, and even if legal not a good idea.

I only have my NC CHP, and based on how widely it is accepted, and any probable travel, it's all I need.

I carry when and where I can, yet I am not so paranoid to avoid going to events and places that I want to go or attend just because I can't carry. I'm going to enjoy life, not live in fear.

I also try not to be a target, I don't go to ATM's at night, or even convenience stores, I don't go to movie theaters, but that is a personal preference not because of carry restrictions. Assuming one does not behave in a reckless manner, the most likely place I might need to defend myself, is in your home, and pity the poor sob that tries that.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

3. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Like I said I don't know the FL laws, or if the club was posted. I'm guessing there was alcohol, and most states have zero tolerance for carrying while consuming alcohol, and even if legal not a good idea.

I only have my NC CHP, and based on how widely it is accepted, and any probable travel, it's all I need.

I carry when and where I can, yet I am not so paranoid to avoid going to events and places that I want to go or attend just because I can't carry. I'm going to enjoy life, not live in fear.

I also try not to be a target, I don't go to ATM's at night, or even convenience stores, I don't go to movie theaters, but that is a personal preference not because of carry restrictions. Assuming one does not behave in a reckless manner, the most likely place I might need to defend myself, is in your home, and pity the poor sob that tries that.
    Alcohol and carrying definitely don't go together. In Ohio I can carry where it's served but not drink.

Agree that paranoia isn't good. But for me, because I'm hyper vigilant I am more cautious than most. Movie theaters I can't stand because if not carrying it makes me feel like a sitting duck.
    For other places, I've no issue with turning around and going elsewhere over a no carry sign. To me it may as well say, "Right here criminals - easy targets."

That leads to your next comment which I agree with as well. Places like ATM's or gas stations at night aren't real bright.

But let's take it a step further regarding the club shooting. What I was trying to get across was just these things. Alcohol combined with a group often targeted, unarmed equaled easy targets.

Sure, if someone was bent on doing them harm, he could've easily taken a few. But had they been armed it would've ended sooner IMO.

Again, not their fault it happened. But not the brightest choice of where or how to spend their time either.

It's quite sad it happened. No one deserves crap like that.

Nice to see we agree on some stuff here :)

Later!
    ~Smiddy

USAF(Ret)

I agree with your assessment.
    It's not the actual stand against this or that lifestyle as much as the fervor one displays that exposes the 'demons dwelling within,' as you say.
    I often refer to: "The lady doth protest too much ..." Hamlet by William Shakespeare

re: " ..... going elsewhere over a no carry sign ..."
    Frankly, the no carry policies of establishments aren't worth the sign on which posted - to think otherwise is to think policy trumps the 2nd Amendment.
    Much mischief is accomplished under the color of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Coffee View Post
    Frankly, the no carry policies of establishments aren't worth the sign on which posted - to think otherwise is to think policy trumps the 2nd Amendment.
    To think the right to bear arms trumps the private property owner's right to deny entry to those who do bear arms is to not understand what rights are.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Coffee View Post
    If you go into a posted business in defiance of the sign, you can be asked to leave. If you do not leave, you can then be arrested for trespassing. You might express your displeasure at being asked to leave but acting like a horse's patoot can land you in jail. Simple answer is to go some place else with your money.

If concealed properly they won't ask you to leave. That's why it's called "concealed".
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    If you go into a posted business in defiance of the sign, you can be asked to leave. If you do not leave, you can then be arrested for trespassing. You might express your displeasure at being asked to leave but acting like a horse's patoot can land you in jail. Simple answer is to go some place else with your money.
    Contrary to popular belief, that answer is not always as simple as you would think. There's all sorts of things that make that not so... simple... but "some" people just don't get that and just treat it as a blatant disregard to others' rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    If concealed properly they won't ask you to leave. That's why it's called "concealed".
    ++++++1

11. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    ++++++1
    ++++++++1

What they don't know won't hurt me....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast