USCCA “Kicked Out” of the NRA Annual Meeting - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USCCA “Kicked Out” of the NRA Annual Meeting

As I said, I rarely agree with TheYankeeMarshal. This one I do agree with:

TTAG points out that the NRA Meeting has NRA Carry Guard Insurance Program posters everywhere. Realize these take weeks if not even moths of lead time to order. The USCCA was kicked out only two weeks ago. Only the booth rental cost was reimbursed. Anyone who ever ran a booth at a trade show knows that a significant amount of cost goes into all the material that is handed out in the booth and travel costs for booth staff.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    And the prize for the most ignorant comment in this thread goes to our usual winner, SR9!

The USCCA has its own convention. It is called the USCCA Concealed Carry Expo and just happened two weeks ago in Fort Worth, Texas. It was very well attended. In fact, the NRA is literally copying USCCA's successful business model by offering their own USCCA-style insurance (NRA Carry Guard) and their own USCCA-style expo (NRA Personal Protection Expo in August).
    I looked at a coverages comparison chart in an email. USCCA is better.
    A thing that's different with USCCA in general is that the members aren't all self-proclaimed experts, ask good questions and actually take advice.

To me it's a closer knit community than the NRA because all members actually carry, whereas NRA members may or may not be a member for that reason.

So no, the USCCA may never match NRA membership numbers, but they excel at a different goal: Educate, Train, Insure. It's a more specialized group. NRA has the lobbying power is why I'm a member there. USCCA has the best incident insurance and they don't charge for the non-formal training. Example, "Into the Fray" videos done I think weekly with scenario specific training, along with post-incident recommendations from the former LEO who does the videos.

I'd compare the two as the NRA being like a health care group and the USCCA being specialty care providers. I'll maintain membership in both, and don't think the NRA can outdo USCCA shield self defense insurance. They'll likely not put the same intensity of focus on their "Carry Guard" because it's not their primary business.

I guess some of us will just support the NRA to keep lobbying for our rights to be upheld, and the USCCA to cover us if we have to exercise those rights in a defensive shooting. NRA Carry Guard, from what I can tell, doesn't measure up in coverages or speed of legal assistance I get from the USCCA.

USAF(Ret)

FYI: The NRA Carry Guard pays most of the money as reimbursement after the trial is over, if it comes to that. USCCA pays everything up front.

-uscca_carryguard_comparisonchart.png

How many cases have the USCCA brought before the SCOTUS and won for 2nd Amendments Rights?

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    How many cases have the USCCA brought before the SCOTUS and won for 2nd Amendments Rights?
    You are making a fool out of yourself again. USCCA is a self defense insurance. Which self defense case backed by the NRA went to the SCOTUS?

The NRA is selling an inferior self defense insurance product for the masses that don't know better, i. e., for you.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    You are making a fool out of yourself again. USCCA is a self defense insurance. Which self defense case backed by the NRA went to the SCOTUS?

The NRA is selling an inferior self defense insurance product for the masses that don't know better, i. e., for you.
    I agree with bofh on this point. It doesn't matter if the USCCA has never brought a case before SCOTUS and won. That's not the point of USCCA's product, their product is designed to insure someone so that they are covered in case they are sued.

However, I do want to bring up a salient point that is related to this. One time (I think it was last year) I did ask USCCA what they would cover if a gun owner who had their insurance were to sue the state, would their insurance help with that. I got crickets back from USCCA, I would have appreciated an answer. I think the answer was is that USCCA likely doesn't include in their terms a provision that would cover anyone who would launch a lawsuit, my guess is that USCCA's is designed to cover you if you get charged with something, arrested or sued yourself. The NRA's recent product is advertised to do something similar but does it at a coverage level less than USCCA's insurance, and quite frankly I don't think the NRA's product is worth spending money on.

However, I would like to see USCCA in the future include a caveat that would allow a "preemptive strike" against the state by people who hold its insurance. Perhaps it could be that someone could propose a case to the USCCA and where a case would be accepted by USCCA then it wouldn't just be that person but in fact all USCCA holders who could have the option of being plaintiffs in a civil rights case (against the State of CA as an example). Just an idea.

With that said, I just got back from the FNRA 25th Anniversary Dinner in Monterey, CA tonight. It was an incredible event, jam packed, and of course there were lots of guns. I was happy to see it was "80 percenter friendly" and in fact various 80 percenter packages (including ones that included all parts of the for AR-10 and AR-15) were auctioned off or won by ticket holders.

I am super pleased that the NRA-ILA is backing a lawsuit to take down the AWCA all the way back to 1989, something that has been much talked about lately. Unfortunately, the treatment by NRA of USCCA has not yet changed or been addressed, and this needs to happen for me to feel like I can support NRA again. NRA needs to be able to release product and not feel like it has to react in a way that improperly treats its competitors. Competition is a good thing.
    Member, FPC - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/
    CZ-52 (Česká Zbrojovka vzor 52), M44 Russian w/Brass Stacker, & 80percenters
    HELP STOP ANTI-2A BILLS! COPY & SHARE THIS LINK: fundrazr.com/018flf

According to this article, the NRA has won all but one case it has brought before the SCOTUS. According to you the USCCA is no more than a insurance company. I'll take the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    According to this article, the NRA has won all but one case it has brought before the SCOTUS. According to you the USCCA is no more than a insurance company. I'll take the NRA.
    I guess you really don't get it. It is not NRA or USCCA. It is NRA Carry Guard or USCCA! I assume that you are then an member of NRA Carry Guard? If not, then you may be just a member of the NRA as are the USCCA leadership and many USCCA members. Keep making a fool out of yourself.

11. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Ok it's obvious you don't get it.

The NRA Carry Guard is an insurance product add-on to NRA membership.
    USCCA is an insurance product provider.
    It's not pick NRA OR USCCA, it's pick which one of the insurance providers.
    I'm an NRA member and a USCCA member.
    It's not "either or" on this,
    Grrrrr

USAF(Ret)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast