USCCA “Kicked Out” of the NRA Annual Meeting - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: USCCA “Kicked Out” of the NRA Annual Meeting

NRA Carry Guard will completely destroy Tim's business model. The NRA has millions of members, USCCA has at best 100,000 if you believe all the internet hype.
    I was there when he stated his magazine Day 1. He struggled greatly for the first one or two years until a mentor of his told him to start USCCA. Tim needed a association to make the subscribers feel that they
    belonged to something to unite them on a controversial subject. He then laughingly offered his magazine subscribers a bumper sticker and a sew on patch. This is not about protecting yourself or your family. Its about making
    you feel guilty, spending money that common sense will keep you out of that situation to begin with. Nothing good will happen past midnight!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Walker View Post
    NRA Carry Guard will completely destroy Tim's business model. The NRA has millions of members, USCCA has at best 100,000 if you believe all the internet hype.
    I was there when he stated his magazine Day 1. He struggled greatly for the first one or two years until a mentor of his told him to start USCCA. Tim needed a association to make the subscribers feel that they
    belonged to something to unite them on a controversial subject. He then laughingly offered his magazine subscribers a bumper sticker and a sew on patch. This is not about protecting yourself or your family. Its about making
    you feel guilty, spending money that common sense will keep you out of that situation to begin with. Nothing good will happen past midnight!
    Someone seems to have a personal grudge against Tim Schmidt. The only true thing you posted was that the NRA has millions of members. The rest is pretty much garbage.

You do understand that many USCCA members are NRA members, right? Once can be a member of the NRA and not buy their substandard products. I don't buy my wine from the NRA. I also don't buy my self-defense insurance from the NRA. Neither the wine nor the self-defense insurance is any good. Any other self-defense insurance on the market beats what NRA Carry Guard offers.

You are free not to purchase any insurance or to purchase the garbage that the NRA offers. In contrast to you, I have dealt with lawyers in my life and know what they cost. This self-defense insurance is like any other insurance. It provides you with monetary benefits for a very rare event that could bankrupt you. If you think that your "common sense" somehow can keep you out of such a situation, then don't buy the insurance. Although, that would also mean they you don't really need to carry a firearm in the first place.

-16695d1493503918-uscca-kicked-out-nra-annual-meeting-uscca_carryguard_comparisonchart.png

Seems that Wind Walker is an NRA fanboy.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Someone owes someone an apology

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Seems that Wind Walker is an NRA fanboy.
    I doubt that it is coming anytime soon, but it sounds to me like NRA owes Tim an apology for their treatment of him.

Regarding the other stuff, it's fairly simple. It's an open market, people can compare products. If one product offers less, there's no real reason for people to buy it and over time that product will either be scrapped or will need to be improved.

It's clear that other products on the market already have the NRA product beat, unless the NRA changes what its product is designed to cover. That's not a political statement, it's just a fact.

Another thing, I didn't have any issue with going to an FNRA (Friends of the NRA) dinner (and thus supporting the NRA) a couple years in a row although I'm not a NRA member. I considered it just logical to support the NRA in that way along with other various pro-gun groups I support (FPC, Calguns, etc). The latest dinner was a real blast and there were quite a few '80 percenter' type products featured in either auctions or giveaways at the dinner. I was pleased with the dinner.

However, I have to emphasize, again, I am disturbed by the NRA's treatment of Tim in this case and I hope some positive resolution will come out of the legitimate issue he raised with their treatment. Very difficult to justify ongoing support of the NRA if they will treat people in this way.
    Member, FPC - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/
    CZ-52 (Česká Zbrojovka vzor 52), M44 Russian w/Brass Stacker, & 80percenters
    HELP STOP ANTI-2A BILLS! COPY & SHARE THIS LINK: fundrazr.com/018flf

Also, Blues is correct on this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    According to what article? And how many does the article claim the NRA has won at SCOTUS, minus the one that it supposedly lost?

The NRA has never, not once in the whole history of history, "brought" a case to SCOTUS. All they've ever done in their entire 146 year history is have their legal team draft "friend of the court" letters in favor of Heller and/or McDonald. There is not one single SCOTUS case where the NRA is listed as a primary or co-appellant. Not ONE!

Whatever article you're referring to, it's lying to you, which wouldn't be possible if you, as a proud member, really knew what the NRA involves itself in in the first place. Truth be told, the NRA was against Heller before it was for Heller. They actively fought the Second Amendment Foundation's Alan Gura as Heller's lead attorney from bringing Heller to SCOTUS. Then in 2010, the NRA shoehorned its way into the McDonald case at the last minute, reducing the time Gura had to argue there, and taking a softer, "alternate" position than SAF, Gura and/or Mr. McDonald intended to argue. Heller and McDonald are the only two purely Second Amendment cases to ever see the light of day inside the Supreme Court Bldg. That's a provable fact regardless of whatever your "article" says.

Blues
    Blues is correct on this point.
    Member, FPC - https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/
    CZ-52 (Česká Zbrojovka vzor 52), M44 Russian w/Brass Stacker, & 80percenters
    HELP STOP ANTI-2A BILLS! COPY & SHARE THIS LINK: fundrazr.com/018flf

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by freethink View Post
    Blues is correct on this point.
    Blues and just about everybody else knew he was right on that point. SR9 has never, to my recollection, admitted that he might just maybe possibly, probably not, but maybe, have been wrong. And I've corrected him on this very point more than once before. He also appears to be incapable of learning.

I am also right when I say that the NRA is the largest gun control organization in the country, and has been since its inception. I'm not the first one to say that though, a former NRA VP said it in like 1968, bragged about it actually, which that second link will prove beyond any shadow of a doubt, and nothing's substantially changed since then. Giving the NRA your money is like flushing it down the toilet if you're really a Second Amendment advocate ("you" being generic, not directed to you personally). The evidence is overwhelming, and those two links are just a small part of it. It amazes me that legitimately well-intentioned people keep sending money to a .org that itself is the source of the most damning evidence against it that they aren't and can't ever get what they're paying for from them - that being in case it's lost on any sycophants reading this - their unabridged constitutional rights.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The fallout:

Open Letter to Wayne La Pierre, NRA Executive V.P. by Marty Hayes, J.D., President, Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, Inc.

gun culture 2.0 | USCCA + PDN + Pincus = Response to NRA Carry Guard

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The fallout:

Open Letter to Wayne La Pierre, NRA Executive V.P. by Marty Hayes, J.D., President, Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, Inc.
    From the letter:

Now, the NRA’s recent plunge into the self-defense insurance market with the Carry Guard product would seem to indicate a change in direction for the NRA. This alters the NRA from being a member-driven organization with a primary mission to provide gun safety training to armed Americans and fighting for Second Amendment rights as you describe at https://home.nra.org/about-the-nra/, to selling products and services (NRA Carry Guard) in direct competition with many NRA members, myself included.
    While I empathize with Mr. Hayes' situation, and perspective concerning it, he proves himself either uninformed or deluded if he really thinks that betraying the trust of either specific sub-groups, or the whole of the membership of the NRA represents a "change in direction," especially as-regards fighting "for" Second Amendment rights, which has never been the "direction" the NRA traveled in since its inception. Whatever NRA is doing now to that part of their membership that are professional trainers or offer insurance programs for gun owners, is no better or worse than it's been doing to every member since its inception - that is, lying about what they are, what they offer, what they're willing to do to deliver on promises made in their recruitment advertising and how much, if any, self-reflection and/or accountability they are willing to impose upon themselves when they break those promises. With the exception of providing curricula and study materials for classroom portions of private and public training programs, they've broken nearly every other promise ever made. Well, there's another exception too; they do provide the American Rifleman magazine in the quantities and on-time that they promise, but reviewing that link in this paragraph will prove that it is the American Rifleman itself that proves the accuracy of them not fulfilling their other promises.

If their membership were truly concerned with getting what they pay for from the NRA, they would've stopped sending them money and starved the beast until it became what it dishonestly portrays itself to be - a 2A rights-defending organization. It will never head in that direction as long as the money keeps pouring in. The NRA is to true Second Amendment purists what RINOs are to conservatism, and in both cases the continued patronage of their respective memberships have no one but themselves to blame for the pitiful performance of either.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234