University Students Want Free Tuition For Blacks As Reparations For Slavery

Thread: University Students Want Free Tuition For Blacks As Reparations For Slavery

By: David Krayden
    Students at Western Kentucky University (WKU) think black students should have free tuition as a means of providing reparations for past wrongs like slavery, Campus Reform reports.
    In a vote on Tuesday, the Western Kentucky University student government passed a resolution, 19-10, that advocates the recognition of slavery as a “debt that will never be paid” and offer free tuition to black students as compensation.
    The resolution also seeks the creation of a special task force to investigate the possibility of amending the admissions system so that it is weighted geographically — which, theoretically, would make acceptance at WKU easier for black students.
    Andre Ambam, who fought for the resolution, told the WKU Herald that racial inequality is the basis of economic inequality — the chief reason for blacks not attending college.
    “If you really care about diversity, if you really care about inclusion, if you really care about making this campus safe and accessible to everybody, having the student government’s support of reparation[s] for black students would be amazing,” Ambam said.
    “This is something that I think is more importantly about sending a clear message than it is about actually trying to strive for the institution to actually give out free tuition to everybody,” noted Brian Anderson, the resolution’s co-author.
    Some of the student senators tried to dissuade their peers from supporting the resolution by arguing that offering free tuition for some entails demanding more tuition from others; contending that someone, either through direct fees or indirect taxes will have to subsidize those attending the university free of charge. They further observed that historical injustice for some cannot be rectified by creating contemporary injustice for others.
    “It will disadvantage other people from getting the same education,” Student senator William Hurst said. “I am not discounting that there is an obvious disadvantage to African-American students, but this resolution would discriminate against other populations.”
    Read more: University Students Want Free Tuition For Blacks As Reparations | The Daily Caller
    My Thoughts:
    OK, then how about every black person give reparations to all the families of the northern men who died during the civil war who died to stop slavery, sure don’t see them saying anything about that do you.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

3. We are all Americans for crying out loud. We have the right to life, liberty, and the "pursuit of" happiness, but I don't see how anyone deserves for it to be given because of injustices to their ancestors. I mean seriously, I may have had ancestors (white) who were slaves millennia ago owned by the Persians or someone. Do I get to go overseas and collect reparations for that today? Heck, maybe I had some in Italy....I would like a free trip to Rome, think I can get one?

Really, WTH?! Like most, if not all millenials, they think they're "entitled" to something just for being born.

Fact is, if it's worth having it's worth working for.

Dern it!

hmmmmm... Don't know many black college students that were slaves.

When you say that they were not slaves, but their ancestors were slaves so we still owe them, well none of my ancestors owned slaves, although many of my ancestors did fight to free the slaves. So, why should I be made to pay for their college, heck, I am not sure I will be able to pay for my own daughters college, never mind somebody else.

However, for me, bottom line is that they have all the same opportunities that I, and my daughter, have. Some blacks have taken advantage of the opportunities presented to them and have done very well, others have not and just want to have everything given to them on a silver platter.

Nope, not in favor of it.

Here's a thought.... we brought your ancestors to this country against their will. We will repay you for that. We will give you a free one-way trip back to the country they came from.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

6. A few years ago I was in Zaire (now DROC ) and heard two different blacks from America say " Thank God for slavery , otherwise I would be living in this mess"

I was there 2 months and never saw anything I would go back for. I went because it was a free trip , did a little hunting for food to eat ( night shooting with a spotlight ) because we got tried of yard chickens and manioc .

Game was almost gone and you had to spotlight at night to see any.
    I drove a tractor about 535 miles from the capital to a station in the back country . Left on Sat. morning and drove until Mon. night with short breaks and never saw any game at all the whole time.
    Did shoot enough to eat after we got to the station as I stated above.

Not one penny will I pay. My great Grandparent came over from Prussia in 1872 and worked as farm labor before becoming naturalized citizens. I don't owe these bastards ****!