Second Amendment reloaded
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment reloaded

Second Amendment reloaded

With Obama in the WH, there's been a lot of talk about the gun rights lobby becoming more "proactive rather than reactive" - fortifying our rights, preemptively attacking the ideas of antis, and suchlike.

I love the Second Amendment, but it doesn't seem to quite get through to some people who are rather dense. Ted Kennedy, Obama, Pelosi - liberal Democrats who are just dumbasses when it comes to a lot of things, but particularly firearms rights.

Maybe 2A needs some help to back it up. How about a 28th Amendment that would guarantee at least concealed (and maybe open) carry? A national reciprocity law would be great, but it will never get through our current Congress. A constitutional amendment in this respect could theoretically avoid Congress by taking the state legislature to constitutional convention approach. That has never been done, but it might be practical to get 2/3 of state legislatures, with an issue that appeals to rural states.

Even if it doesn't quite make it, this would be a great way of polarizing supporters and making Congress and state legislatures aware of just how much support there is for concealed carry in the nation.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

gpbarth Guest
    You can't get more simple than the 2nd, and what we do NOT need is a lot of verbose additive that needs the Supreme Court to figure it out. After all, the simple verse, "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" is hardly something to decode, and yet the liberals can turn it into a SNAFU situation. The right of the people. Nothing about militias, nothing about the military, nothing about the police, nothing about the National Guard. And yet, it's like Bill Clinton and his "It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is" statement. What could "people" mean? Hmmmm...we'll have to call the lawyers in on this one, it's too complex for our pea brains.

No, we don't need any further corruption. Take the 2nd and make it stick. Period!

Quote Originally Posted by gpbarth View Post
    You can't get more simple than the 2nd, and what we do NOT need is a lot of verbose additive that needs the Supreme Court to figure it out. After all, the simple verse, "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" is hardly something to decode, and yet the liberals can turn it into a SNAFU situation. The right of the people. Nothing about militias, nothing about the military, nothing about the police, nothing about the National Guard. And yet, it's like Bill Clinton and his "It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is" statement. What could "people" mean? Hmmmm...we'll have to call the lawyers in on this one, it's too complex for our pea brains.

No, we don't need any further corruption. Take the 2nd and make it stick. Period!
    If only life were that simple, we wouldn't have a problem brewing with Congress and the Executive branch.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

toreskha wrote.
    I love the Second Amendment, but it doesn't seem to quite get through to some people who are rather dense. Ted Kennedy, Obama, Pelosi - liberal Democrats who are just dumbasses when it comes to a lot of things, but particularly firearms rights.

I don't think that they do not understand the meaning of the second Amendment. It is not rocket science but acknowledging the true meaning does not fit their agenda. That agenda being the disarming of the citizens so that they can realize their dream of a New World Order.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

gpbarth Guest
    Oh, they understand the 2nd Amendment. Absolutely! And that is why they have to destroy it. It is too simple NOT to understand. But the nation must be disarmed, and to do that, the 2nd must be trampled. And the courts have long been willing, and able, to legislate from the bench. All they need is a judicial interpretation that says the Founding Fathers couldn't see the future, and that this is a whole new ball game.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    toreskha wrote.

I don't think that they do not understand the meaning of the second Amendment. It is not rocket science but acknowledging the true meaning does not fit their agenda. That agenda being the disarming of the citizens so that they can realize their dream of a New World Order.
    nailed it
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

2A

And, the underlying point of the exercise (Second Amendment) was to provide for a means to remove a government gone awry - out of control (it facinates me that the Founders could kraft in one sentence, what could be the changing of a government!). To attempt to remove the 2A is the "trigger" to put it in force - any real takers out there? We may need you. It really gets serious when you follow the dots to what may have to happen, some day. Let's all work towards resolution by law, and avoid any need for force - I can't even think how that scenario might work out. The Founders had just done just that, and knew that it could come to a similar need again. Talk of "Men of Foresight", these were giants!
    sailor

Tie the 2nd Amendment:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    to the Declaration of Independence:
    That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
    THAT'S what it's all about, and these politicians know full well what it means. That an armed citizenry has the means to "throw the bums out" if they fail to follow the dictates of the people. And so far, with the 2 bail-outs - Wall St and the auto makers - it is painfully clear that those politicians have no intentions of listening to the people who put them in office. Well, in 2 years, they're going to find out.

Now, we can do it at the voting booth or we can do it "the other way." If they try to dis-arm this country to neutralize us so we can't fight back, they will find out how many in this country hold our Constitution and Declaration of Independence very dearly.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Hey Gpb, what happened to your icon? I miss seeing that good-looking young man.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Hey Gpb, what happened to your icon? I miss seeing that good-looking young man.

Aw, Shuckins, Ma'am! You're too kind! Thanks especially for the "young" part. But - here I is! Without going into details, I decided to go "undercover" so to speak. Have you ever "googled" your own name? I'm such a nice guy that I never used a handle, but it's getting to where being yourself can create problems. I'll leave the conclusions to you. But this is my new "persona." I put away the 'other' appelation. I'm still here, feisty as ever.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast