Good Muslim in the news for a change
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Good Muslim in the news for a change

  1. #1

    Good Muslim in the news for a change

    On Whidbey base, a Navy sailor observes Ramadan | The Seattle Times

    Glad to see something good in the news for a change!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    On Whidbey base, a Navy sailor observes Ramadan | The Seattle Times

    Glad to see something good in the news for a change!
    Good story.

    The Place To Be

  4. BUT, did he take the regular Oath of Allegiance to the US which is contrary to the beliefs of Muslims?
    Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    BUT, did he take the regular Oath of Allegiance to the US which is contrary to the beliefs of Muslims?
    Get it through your thick skull, all jihadists are Muslim, not all Muslims are jihadists. Or do you think all Christians are members of the KKK?

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    BUT, did he take the regular Oath of Allegiance to the US which is contrary to the beliefs of Muslims?
    What about Christians?

    Matthew 5:
    34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

    James 5:
    12 Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    What about Christians?

    Matthew 5:
    34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

    James 5:
    12 Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned.
    They can choose to affirm rather than swear. An affirmation is a simple "Yes."

    "I hereby affirm...."

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Get it through your thick skull, all jihadists are Muslim, not all Muslims are jihadists. Or do you think all Christians are members of the KKK?

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

    S&W: Have you studied Islam? Do you know that the overall goal of Islam is world domination? Do you know anything about Muhammad, the founder of Islam? The illiterate, fat dwarf that started a religion of hate?
    Are you familiar with how Islam subjugates women, believes in honor killings, and death to infidels? Have you ever delved into the Hadith, or traditions of Islam? Do you know anything about Islam other than your own opinion?

    The OP was a good story about the young sailor and the practice of his religion. On the surface, it is a very good story and speaks well of the young man. But, do not forget he is a Muslim. If his practice of his religion was as benign as it seems, no one would have any quarrel with it or him. Don't forget, however, a religion of hate has been drummed into the Muslims for over 1400 years and, contrary to the opinions of some, it is not a religion of moderation. They have been taught that they are better than the infidels. As a disciple of Islam, they neither question its beliefs nor engage in any doctrinal debate comparing other faiths to their own.
    Muhammad's goal was to propagate never ending jihad on all unbelievers and fulfill his goal of an Islamized world.

    Muslims are in a war of aggression against unbelievers. They do not want to assimilate into our society, they want to overcome it. Michigan is a good example of how they want to conquer, not coexist. They are establishing their own enclaves as "no go" zones, even to the extent of forbidding law enforcement personnel from entering. That is what we have to look forward to by allowing their encroachment into our society unchecked. They are attempting to establish Sharia Law in different parts of the country and there are bleeding hearts who are ignoring what is happening.

    Going back to the young sailor, it is commendable that he does have a religion but, what will he do if the Muslims declare all out open war on us? Where will his allegiance lie? Religion is a strong force in life and, his particular religion does not allow anything but TOTAL adherence and, in effect, murder as part of it. All commandments which pertain to Jihad have remained unaltered and perpetual. I would think that all Muslims have the potential for becoming fire-breathing radicals under certain circumstances. We can always hope we can develop a form of coexistence with Muslims but that task will be long in coming.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    S&W: Have you studied Islam? Do you know that the overall goal of Islam is world domination? Do you know anything about Muhammad, the founder of Islam? The illiterate, fat dwarf that started a religion of hate?
    Are you familiar with how Islam subjugates women, believes in honor killings, and death to infidels? Have you ever delved into the Hadith, or traditions of Islam? Do you know anything about Islam other than your own opinion?

    The OP was a good story about the young sailor and the practice of his religion. On the surface, it is a very good story and speaks well of the young man. But, do not forget he is a Muslim. If his practice of his religion was as benign as it seems, no one would have any quarrel with it or him. Don't forget, however, a religion of hate has been drummed into the Muslims for over 1400 years and, contrary to the opinions of some, it is not a religion of moderation. They have been taught that they are better than the infidels. As a disciple of Islam, they neither question its beliefs nor engage in any doctrinal debate comparing other faiths to their own.
    Muhammad's goal was to propagate never ending jihad on all unbelievers and fulfill his goal of an Islamized world.

    Muslims are in a war of aggression against unbelievers. They do not want to assimilate into our society, they want to overcome it. Michigan is a good example of how they want to conquer, not coexist. They are establishing their own enclaves as "no go" zones, even to the extent of forbidding law enforcement personnel from entering. That is what we have to look forward to by allowing their encroachment into our society unchecked. They are attempting to establish Sharia Law in different parts of the country and there are bleeding hearts who are ignoring what is happening.

    Going back to the young sailor, it is commendable that he does have a religion but, what will he do if the Muslims declare all out open war on us? Where will his allegiance lie? Religion is a strong force in life and, his particular religion does not allow anything but TOTAL adherence and, in effect, murder as part of it. All commandments which pertain to Jihad have remained unaltered and perpetual. I would think that all Muslims have the potential for becoming fire-breathing radicals under certain circumstances. We can always hope we can develop a form of coexistence with Muslims but that task will be long in coming.
    Yes I have studied Islam, I count Muslims among my friends. I have studied Islam in ALL of its history as well as talking to its current participants and some of its scholars. Have you? Or do you also you get all your talking points from menstural rags that SR9 and Ops do?

    Have you ever bothered to separate the religion of Islam from the historically cultural practices of the regions that it predominates in? Have you ever stepped foot into a mosque? Have you broken bread to celebrate iftar during Ramadan with a muslim? Have you ever studied how Richard the Lion Heart was treated by Salahuddin? Have you ever bothered to learn of the contributions to society made by Islamic scholars while your spiritual ancestors were busy figuring out that the earth wasn't flat.

    Based on your own questions I'm going to guess the answer is no.



    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by primesteven72 View Post
    As stated earlier....right wing talking points. NOT actual personal experience.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast