National Right-To-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National Right-To-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced

Thumbs down And after the law is passed then what?

Let's see, a national standard would probably entail federal triaining (by whom and where?) on your days off or do U take vacation time to go to a federal facility for a 1-week or 1-month course? Prolly recert every 4 years, mirroring a single presidential term in office. Registration of all guns and coded ammo bought only from federal outlets, gun locks mandated or lead-free ammo only? U.S. made only, or imports allowed? Certification on weapons you may never even own or want to buy/use, (include pistols/rifles/shotguns) an NIC that goes much deeper than a back-ground check to be a Presidential body-guard! Intimate knowlege of intricate gun laws U that go way beyond the state level, knowledge of fed criminal laws on assualts to threats to carry/no carry areas/times and conditions, hunting laws & permit$ U may never practice/need, and a permit for each gun used from range, sport, hunting, self-defense laws, stand ground or retreat? Then comes concealed carry (a much harder one to secure), then comes the list of autorized weapons a law-abiding citizen can own, (that's prolly where the AR/semi-auto assualt rifle family will be cut out). Since misuse of any part of the new fed concept/law would be breaking a federal law, felonize any who deviates from rigid rules and regs. No more (state) gross-misdemeanor charges for say not having the permit with U when U pack or minor/accidental brandishing or discharge, ooops, lose all go to jail. Probably no open carry. No petitioning a court to restore gun ownership rights restored if ever lost because you (say) paddled your kid's butt ONCE and a nieghbor calls the cops on U. Control of a 'well regulated militia' in times of emergency from DC not your state governor. And more I could but won't bother adding. Use your imagination and think of more restrictions. I used to think 1 rule for all would make gun ownership and CCW's so much better, but when a 70 y/o lady fails the federal rifle range course part of training because she can't lay out flat on her belly in the mud/dirt or tarmac on a range for 8 hours or even see the 1K meter targets I wonder why she may have spent all the money they will surely not refund to her for applying, let her try again or then ban her from all gun rights/ownership 4 ever! A Draconian 2nd fit for any dictatorship, somewhat like the Chinese 'citizen-soldier' any time on recall duty the party wants U to drill/fight (Maoist) model.... but much harder. They only had the AK's to learn!

Canis-Lupus
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 01-25-2009 at 01:22 PM.

i think that would be a great idea .because if youre state issues it i think it should be good through all 50 states

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Let's see, a national standard would probably entail federal triaining (by whom and where?) on your days off or do U take vacation time to go to a federal facility for a 1-week or 1-month course? Prolly recert every 4 years, mirroring a single presidential term in office. Registration of all guns and coded ammo bought only from federal outlets, gun locks mandated or lead-free ammo only? U.S. made only, or imports allowed? Certification on weapons you may never even own or want to buy/use, (include pistols/rifles/shotguns) an NIC that goes much deeper than a back-ground check to be a Presidential body-guard! Intimate knowlege of intricate gun laws U that go way beyond the state level, knowledge of fed criminal laws on assualts to threats to carry/no carry areas/times and conditions, hunting laws & permit$ U may never practice/need, and a permit for each gun used from range, sport, hunting, self-defense laws, stand ground or retreat? Then comes concealed carry (a much harder one to secure), then comes the list of autorized weapons a law-abiding citizen can own, (that's prolly where the AR/semi-auto assualt rifle family will be cut out). Since misuse of any part of the new fed concept/law would be breaking a federal law, felonize any who deviates from rigid rules and regs. No more (state) gross-misdemeanor charges for say not having the permit with U when U pack or minor/accidental brandishing or discharge, ooops, lose all go to jail. Probably no open carry. No petitioning a court to restore gun ownership rights restored if ever lost because you (say) paddled your kid's butt ONCE and a nieghbor calls the cops on U. Control of a 'well regulated militia' in times of emergency from DC not your state governor. And more I could but won't bother adding. Use your imagination and think of more restrictions. I used to think 1 rule for all would make gun ownership and CCW's so much better, but when a 70 y/o lady fails the federal rifle range course part of training because she can't lay out flat on her belly in the mud/dirt or tarmac on a range for 8 hours or even see the 1K meter targets I wonder why she may have spent all the money they will surely not refund to her for applying, let her try again or then ban her from all gun rights/ownership 4 ever! A Draconian 2nd fit for any dictatorship, somewhat like the Chinese 'citizen-soldier' any time on recall duty the party wants U to drill/fight (Maoist) model.... but much harder. They only had the AK's to learn!

Canis-Lupus
    Hey C-L, Do you have a Federal Drivers' License, or one issued by your State of Residence? This bill is NOT about a Federal CCW, it's about reciprocity. It will kick Kalifornia, RPHI and RPMA, NY and others, forcing them to recognize and accept my FL CCW, your CCW, and everyone else's just as they do drivers' licenses. You meet YOUR state's qualifications, other states have to accept your permit as valid.

Question So what State law sets Fed standards?

It sounds easy Wolfie,
    But consider a gun law that is the exact same in all 50 states is one that nixes what state by state already go from nothing (DC) to anal (CA) to anything goes/almost (Alaska), so some states would take a giant leap forward in weapons ownership, and others may lose what they have like open carry. I would like to see 1 set of standards for all, but regulated to the point that it is not DC or Alaska, a 'middle ground' where reasonable standards meet the criteria to buy and use what is currently available for sale, ownership and use.
    When that happens I will apply.
    BTW I held a military (Federal) drivers license for 20 years, drove in many U.S. states and other nations, yet it did not give me the right to drive outside the limits set by the nation/state I convoyed thru, if that is the argument then it is a double standard. The no speed limit Autobahn rocks in a HUMMER!

C-L
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 01-25-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    U.S. Representatives Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Rick Boucher (D-Va.), recently introduced H.R. 197-- the "National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009"--a bill that would provide national recognition for valid state Right-to-Carry licensees.

The bill would allow any person with a valid carry permit or license issued by a state, to carry a concealed firearm in any other state if the permit holder meets certain criteria. In states that issue permits, a state's laws governing where concealed firearms may be carried would apply within its borders. In states that do not issue carry permits, a federal standard would apply. The bill would not create a federal licensing system; it would simply require the states to recognize each other's carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses.

Senator John Thune (R-S.D.) is expected to introduce the Senate companion bill in the near future. Rep. Stearns has introduced such legislation since 1995.

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121, and urge him or her to cosponsor and support H.R. 197!

We need to support HR 197!
    Can you provide us with a link to this information.

I have tried several searches at the US House of Representatives website and I am unable to find anything on this.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post

Canis-Lupus
    Wow. A few assumptions have been made here, IMO I still think it's worth supporting and will be letting my elected officials know that I support HR 197.
    Last edited by Templar; 01-25-2009 at 03:23 PM.

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post

I have tried several searches at the US House of Representatives website and I am unable to find anything on this.

Thanks.
    Sure thing...here ya go.....

NRA-ILA :: National Right-To-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post

Thanks.
    This is a good tool GovTrack.us: Tracking the U.S. Congress
    Just type the bill number in the upper right search box.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    This is a good tool GovTrack.us: Tracking the U.S. Congress
    Just type the bill number in the upper right search box.
    Nice link, thanks for posting!

that would be nice to see. I'll try to do my part. but I will be more than surprised to actually see it happen.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast