9th Circuit Case considers the 2nd Amendment

Thread: 9th Circuit Case considers the 2nd Amendment

9th Circuit Case considers the 2nd Amendment

Video of Court Hearing on C-Span (just released!)
    C-SPAN Video Player - A&C: Oral Argument on the Second Amendment & Gun Shows

History of the case:

Nordyke v. King - Calguns Wiki

Thanks for posting the link; I'm anxiously awaiting this decision.

I hope it is a clear and unambiguous ruling...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I hope it is a clear and unambiguous ruling...
    LOL It's the 9th Circuit! You know what that means...another SCOTUS case.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    LOL It's the 9th Circuit! You know what that means...another SCOTUS case.

I used the word 'hope' because I know the history of the 9th too well to use 'expect' ...

As far as SCOTUS, the sooner any case gets there, the better--before someone retires and BHO has some influence on the court.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

thanx 4 the posting looks like there going to roll over ,( you can have a gun show but no guns)WTF ?
    these collectivist are all the same its not you right it' our right. commie ,soc,democrat (Neo-con's) there all collectivist in kind.
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

In Nordyke v. King, gun show promoters Russell & Sallie Nordyke argue that California's ban on gun shows at the annual county fair violates their First Amendment right of free speech and their Second Amendment right to bear arms. The case was argued on Jan. 15, 2009 before the the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, which has to decide if the ban is unconstitutional. The Alameda County Board of Supervisors passed the ban in 1999 after eight people were injured in a shooting at the 1998 fair.
    While we're at it, let's ban schools, malls, post offices and street corners.

My friend's fiance's mother was working at the GMAC office here in Jacksonville in 1990 when a shooting rampage/suicide happened. She said they had no choice but to just hide under their desks and hope he didn't hit them.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics