Assault Weapons Ban Assured - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban Assured

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaguide View Post
    "My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    --Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Combine that with the proposed "Cop Killer ammunition" ban:

Banning any ammunition that will penetrate a (1970's era) Class I bullet proof vest, which is anything ballistically more powerful than a .380 pistol round.
    In other words the ammo ban will ban ALL 9mm, .40, .45, .357, etc, and ALL rifle ammunition.

When ammunition is outlawed, only outlaws will have ammunition.
    Which of those ideas really have a chance of getting passed? I can see the AWB getting passed, but a national no-carry law? Since most states are now shall-issue, would the representatives of those states vote for it?

I hope there are enough pro-2A politicians to block it all, and the AWB will be a good indicator.

But when the News media jumps on the bandwagon and spinn it "politically correct" ("cop killer bullets", etc), and the incumbants have to choose between the second ammendment, and getting re-elected...well...guess what?
    Last edited by arizonaguide; 01-26-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Okay. So what happens to all of us who currently own one of these so called "assault weapons". Do we have to register and pay yearly taxes? Do we have to turn them in for some nominal fee? What's in store for the millions who already own one?
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

5. Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    Okay. So what happens to all of us who currently own one of these so called "assault weapons". Do we have to register and pay yearly taxes? Do we have to turn them in for some nominal fee? What's in store for the millions who already own one?
    No one know until/if a bill is passed.

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    This will depend if the AWB is similar to the expired federal ban or the current California ban. If it's the same as the previous federal ban, weapons already owned will be grandfathered. If it's like the California ban you will be given a time period to "register" your weapon. Failure to do so will make it illegal. Which do you think Obama will want? Here's an example of the California ban:

Frequently Asked Questions - Assault Weapon Registration - Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    i thought jwtollette said they would not be coming after the guns because they would be too busy trying to solve all the stuff that bush started. there wrer several on this board who thought obama was going to be such a great leader. he has so far in his first week, signed a order to fund the murder of babies and release terriorists. and like the carpenters used to sing, we've only just begun. and i will say it again. CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA ON A SUCCESSFUL SUICIDE.
    Someone else in this forum used to agree with JW, saying our fear of impending 2A doom was just hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    What AR-10? I don't have one! No sirree!

Anecdotally I can understand where those Miami cops are coming from. I have to admit I have an addiction to the show The First 48 featuring real life homicide detectives working real cases. I HAVE noticed an unusually high number of Miami murders on the show where some vehicle is perforated, and the ground is littered with steel (Wolf?) casings after one of those thugs kills somebody with an AK.

Trust me, I am no apologist for the gun grabbers, but I can see where why those guys in particular are so adamant.

And yes, I really do have a DPMS AP4 7.62 mm NATO.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Why do that want to ban firearms?

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country." Adolf Hitler,
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    Anecdotally I can understand where those Miami cops are coming from. I have to admit I have an addiction to the show The First 48 featuring real life homicide detectives working real cases. I HAVE noticed an unusually high number of Miami murders on the show where some vehicle is perforated, and the ground is littered with steel (Wolf?) casings after one of those thugs kills somebody with an AK.

Trust me, I am no apologist for the gun grabbers, but I can see where why those guys in particular are so adamant.
    It still doesn't make sense to me, because they could do the same job with a few handguns or some shotguns loaded up with slugs. In fact, shotguns would probably get the job done better.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

No, I think He's right, we should take a stand with our assault weapons, right out on the streets between the gang-bangers and their prey, or maybe between us and the government. For God's sake people, put the blame where it belongs, criminals not guns.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast