What Do We Do If They Try To Confiscate Our Guns? - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do We Do If They Try To Confiscate Our Guns?

Quote Originally Posted by hammer826 View Post
    I did not take the time to read all 15 pages of comments on this thread, but I read enough to make me worry. To all of you guys who think you should hide your guns when they come to get them, so that you have them for when you really need them, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO NEED THEM MORE THAN WHEN THE GOVERMENT COMES TO TAKE THEM AWAY?!!!.
    "He who fights and runs away will live to fight another day."
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

As a State employee I swore an oath to defend the Florida and US Constitutions. That oath wasn't revoked when I retired. And my relatives have been troublemakers since before the US became the US.

Having lived thru the aftermath of a Cat 5 Hurricane, the police did not come into our area as they figured every home was armed and we'd take care of problems ourselves. They would do well to remember that if the 2nd A was violated. They know how many ATF Form 4473 guns there are but they don't know how many legal guns still exist that have no registrations or serial numbers.

And like in Canada, when it came time to turn in guns, many ended up if hay lofts, buried, or just plain hidden where people wouldn't think to look.

Like one before, I didn't read all the 15 pages (but did many) of this thread.

The Islam/Muslin issues are NOT of this thread and duly belong to be removed as 'off topic'.

Of is topic is 'what if they decide to come for our guns?'

I think of the many warriors who still live, whom were involved in past conflicts; what was used, many .223's, as issued; what many have since determined best for their own preferences and skills, what is appropriate for the target; what THEY remember and their skills for surviving.

There are old warriors who remember, who can hit an intended target. And there are old warriors who's memory of their old battles will still be haunting.

While I cannot speak for everyone, these memories will drive, and I pray, to give inspiration to those who can be convinced and understand what would be happening to their ways of life.

I do not promote target kills, such as the Congress or otherwise leadership that would have brought us to the moments of topic. Such kills would be easily made by those aforementioned who moved on from the .223, into hunting calibers suited for the wildlife harvests they now enjoy and the ranges in which they pursue them.

Such States that may decide to succeed may find themselves brought down by the EMC bombs but, while someone proud to the South mentioned, many have been able to live off the land, and will. Take note that during WWII some frisky Japanese decided to invade Alaska (Islands); while the US sent a large defense, it was the Alaskan Indians (Eskimos) that actually did the brunt force and saved many a US soldier from perish because it was 'home ground'.

The fancy that our disarmament would be with the our own US forces brings to mind that so many actions to do so would be failures because of the inclination of our families to rethink why - and what the impact really means for their own families.

If our Federal government fancies using deadly force, against peoples who wish to separate themselves to form a different union, it will be cause for the military leaders to revisit the horrific 'War of Rebellion' a.k.a. US Civil War and ask crucially what was gained and what horrific things that war, after it was officially over.

I am one of those people who look at Lincoln and his actions as villain. His Generals went on to conquest in the west with broken treaties and dead civilians and Indians.

It is doubtful, but credible, that the blue helmets of the UN wish to enforce something that is against what the US holds as the backbone of its origins.

May the many meanings of 'That ain't gonna happen.' unfurl.

I know it's not the some but I would say if it got to that point it would ba a "red dawn" situation. If you get the word that it passes into law then you know it's coming. Not to be cocky but I think the would hace a hard time taking the guns from Michigan. when deer season opens we have more peaple in the woods with guns than most small countries have in their military. Pack up, pack out and find others that have the same fellings as you do. "They can have my gun when they pry it from my dead cold hand" and yes I know in the movie they did just that. I'd rather die for freedom then sit back and watch it be taken from us. My children would at least be able to say that their father died for what he thought was right and tried to make a differance.
    If you hide your registerd guns I would think that they would arrest you. If you say you sold them your gonna need paper work our they'll arrest you. If you say they were stolen you better have a police report or......you guest it they'll arrest ya. Take to the hills brothers and make a stand wher they can't get to you as easy.

What guns?

There just happens to be a gun show here this weekend. I think I will be there and sell (?) all my guns out in the parking lot where I will not need to do any paperwork. I'll have my ticket stub to prove that I was there but I didn't know I needed to keep track of who I sold (?) them to. They were over 21 years old. Since the shows here attract people from a three state area, it will be difficult to remember just who they were! My bad! Who is to say that I didn't? I am not a vendor so I will not need a license to either buy or sell. Guess there is more than one way to skin a cat. If all else fails, I am saving my Confederate money 'cause the South is going to rise again!!!

They can have my guns when i am done with them. I will be done with them when I am dead. Until then I have no plans or intentions of giving them up. Simplest way I can put it.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

It would be the same likeness of 'Red Dawn', and the slaughter of Little Big Horn. Those living off the land would face indiscriminate aerial bombing and gassing with impunity due to the lack of media coverage. Meat sources could be anthraxed. Plant food sources could be burned. In the cities, the media would reduce the amount of casualties by making occupying forces accountable for methods of war. Remember that kid in front of the tank in China? Still, city water supply would be contaminated or shut off, along with gas and electricity.

Registered guns (meaning only NFA items here in TX) would disappear along with their owners. They could equip as much as a platoon and Vets and LE could bring non-organizational trained civies up to speed.

Basically, the things that BATF&E considers illegal and outlawed would manifest. That which one could do, but didn't because of the BATF&E regulations, would become done. There would be many AKs that would be redrilled. Many ARs would match up with DIAS or Lightening Links (if you've seen one of these you know). Many trigger packs would find sears. A lot of Ruger Ranch rifles would get modified.

It would be a guerrilla war, as the other side's leadership would need to keep their guys from wandering off to join the other side. Discipline would be fearfully harsh on them.

There would be orbit snipers on both sides. But the local inhabitants have the vantage of quick acquisition hunting skills.

The hardest part would be at the onset, when you don't want to kill and have to quickly learn that you will need to kill. The better trained, organized and probably equiped forces may not be battle hardened and undergo the same feelings of their 1st kill as well. Hopefully they will not be spared from seeing the death they cause like those from planes and artillery.

Live in the country with cellular internet service and a live web cam feed to all of your friends.

Drill your well near your home, then extend the building to encompass it.

Replace a large portion of your roof with a greenhouse and start growing and canning veggies like a madman.

Get a .50BMG single-shot rifle and follow some of those video series about one mile marksmanship. Learn a thing or two about long-distance optics.

Learn a thing or two about wireless sensor nets.

Learn a thing or two about robotics and machine vision and get a second .50BMG.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Live in the country with cellular internet service and a live web cam feed to all of your friends.

Replace a large portion of your roof with a greenhouse and start growing and canning veggies like a madman.

Get a .50BMG single-shot rifle and follow some of those video series about one mile marksmanship. Learn a thing or two about long-distance optics.

The wireless systems would be the first things taken down by the gov't. And you'd have to get rid of your cell phones as they can be tracked. Good old word of mouth spreading of the word would have to be the way. All electronic communications is subject to intercept and blocking.

Following to the logical conclusion....

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post

Actually realize this paranoid fantasy and you will likely then be learning a thing or two about air-launched precision-guided weapons.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast