What Do We Do If They Try To Confiscate Our Guns? - Page 5
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do We Do If They Try To Confiscate Our Guns?

Tex4oc I'll gladly pull my shift as a minute man with you

banding together

It does matter what happens between now and then, but I'm afraid that when the time comes for the grabbers to come to your doorstep, they aren't going to give you time to mobilize, and that my friend is cold hard fact.
    I'm not saying that we should all wait and see how long it takes them to get their [email protected]&t together, but at the last, when it is them or me, it will be at least a few of them before me. I REALLY don't want this to come off as false bravado, but I come from a line of Germans, who aided the Jews in escaping Nazi Germany to Austria, I've heard the tales from my grandfather and grandmother about their version of the underground railroad, and the horrors that that war caused countless numbers of people I simply refuse to allow that to happen MY COUNTRY, with MY KIDS and their's. There is a stark reminder in Berlin called "the rotten tooth" it is a remnant of a church bombed by our country with the aid of our allies to stop a tyrant from taking over that part of the world. Well we now have a tyrant at our helm, and I'll be damned if I let it take other countries bombing ours to stop him. Resistance is not futile, it is demanded, it was what our country was founded upon and what our countrymen shed their blood to ensure. That the citizens of the U.S. would always have at their disposal the means to throw off a form of government counter to what this country stands for. In other forums I have stated that the measure of a country can be taken by how many of it's citizens want out, and how many others want in. We are still the world's greatest nation as we are, but won't be if the transgressions looming come to pass. I apologize for this lengthy post, I just needed to get that off my chest.

4. No apology necessary. We're all a bit dazed and confused, and angry, right now after the Great Ascension. It'll take a while for it all to coalesce.

something to think about.

1. are you really prepared to fire and engage our military and LE personnel? i have been in both and it would be extremely difficult at best. what if the guy across from you was a soldier or officer YOU trained?
    2. are youprepared to do what it takes to win? it takes more than armed resistence. what about your physical conditioning? combat tactics and strategy? evasion and escape? resisisting interrogation? i ask you these t.hings because if and when it happens the fight will be on. and the time to be ready will be gone.
    3.remember that somebody somewhere istraining to kill you and your family. what are you doing?

I can't imagine a scenario in which the government would attempt to seize weapons from individual owners. I can certainly see laws which make it all but impossible to replace the ones we have now, or to acquire the ammunition to feed them. But if you plan ahead -- get the guns you want BEFORE the laws are passed, and set aside money each month for ammo purchases, you should be ok as far as SD goes ... I can also see laws passed closing firing ranges, or that gem the Messiah dreamed up -- no gun stores within five miles of a school or park -- that would severely restrict practice or purchase. There are 60 million gun owners in this country; our work should be in getting them all to join the NRA and make it clear to Obama and his stooges that they can have our guns "from our cold dead hands." I'm not giving mine up, that's for sure ...

open fire

To answer your question Boris, Yes I am prepared to fire on our own people, because I understand a few things. 1. any soldier (I used to be one!) has a duty to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, and THAT means from the president, his superior commissioned and non commissioned officers and anyone else who is trying to usurp our Constitution. Anyone trying to confiscate my weapons, by definition, becomes a domestic enemy to the Constitution, and no longer an authorized agent of our government, they become agents of the usurper.
    2. we are endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    3. A well regulated (equipped) militia(citizen army), being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to Keep and Bear arms, shall not be infringed (to have and to hold from this day forward)
    4. I have served in the military, and understand their training and methods, and I don't believe the oath I swore was negated when I removed the uniform.
    Believe me when I say this is the last thing I would ever want to happen in this country, but too many lives have already been lost, too much blood shed, too many fatherless children, and widowed wives, to let all their sacrifices be lost to a corrupt government, even if it happens to be ours.
    I don't take this flippantly, and don't expect everyone to agree or even understand where I'm coming from, but I'm also sure there are quite a few that do.
    God bless us all, and pray that our government will bow to the will of it's people.

8. If the guy who knocks on my door, armed and armored, to take my firearm(s) were my former buddy, trainee, neighbor, he has crossed the line. He made his decision. At that point, all bets are off.

I, too, believe this scenario is far in the future, if even possible. But we shouldn't fool ourselves. There are those in government today who would order such actions on behalf of their agendas. It therefore is advisable to think out our options in advance.

Not pleasant. But our Founders gave us life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They never promised us a rose garden. Some even said of the Republic they had created for us, "if you can keep it."

wolfhunter Guest
    If the guy trying to carjack me was an old high school buddy, would I let him steal my car? If that same high school buddy shows up in uniform, at my door, to collect my guns, he'd need backup.

10. What do we do?

I am with rockwerks and Piece Coprs. I live close to Olympia.WA, which is the state capitol, which Seattle is not. Sure, Seattle is bigger, but the seat of government in our state ishere in Oly. First offf a march in state capitols, with handouts that cite the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and fliers directed to military and police, reminding them that the very first part of the oath they took ws that they would preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Uited States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We were given the duty by the founding father that when any government becomes destrustive of the people the people have not the right or privilege, but duty to replace that government. Obama took the same oath on Inauguration Day, and when that oath says the Consttuion, it means every jot and tittle, which means the Second Amendment as well. The oath is "To preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic," not, "those parts of the Constitution I agree with." If the president attempts to disarm us, he is guilty of High Treason and Despotism, as well as any member of Congress who sides with hiim. Everyone who took the Oath of Loyalty, Senators, Representatives, Soldiers, Sailers, Airmen, Marines, Coast Guardsmen, State Troopers, Sheriffs and Deputies, and City Police, are sworn to resist the tampering with the Constitutuion. If they still insist on trying to disarm us, then they are also guilty of Treason, and put themselves in the position of beng worse criminals than any they have ever seen. It would be a shame to see any uniform of a defender of the country or it's population became a symbol of tyranny and oppression to side with a dictator who has already made a snarky comment that "I won, so I trump you on that." We did not tolerate Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin , and the people of Louisina eventually did not put up with Huey Long. Why should we put up with a dictator in 21st Century America, which claims to be the home of the brave and land of the free.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

11. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    If that same high school buddy shows up in uniform, at my door, to collect my guns, he'd need backup.
    He'd probably have it. The reality is that if the government decides to take a dump on the constitution, erase the 2nd amendment and forcibly take our guns, there's not a whole lot we'll be able to do about it. I doubt it will come to that. There would be more revenue in creating new taxes and ownership fees. All they really want is our money.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast