The 2nd amendment march (AKA million shooter march) - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2nd amendment march (AKA million shooter march)

I think a good step is contact with our elected officials. I seriously doubt that a million of us have done that yet. I would hope everyone here has contacted their reps and senators, but the number represented by this forum represents only a small percentage of American owners. Of the 4 million NRA members out there, how many do you figure just like to get a magazine and free stickers. The fact is, most people choose to ignore what's going on in the world around them, and will be ready when the time comes to give up their guns like good subjects if Uncle Obama's henchmen come knocking. If we arranged a march into Washington, we could make a great statement. But if its publicized as the million shooter march, and 2500 people show up, it would be more damaging to our public image than helpful, simply because our voice would appear much smaller than the NRA or GOA would like Washington to believe. Lets encourage everyone to take the small steps first, get active in writing, get out there and vote, and defend the second ammendment anytime you can.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tex4oc View Post
    C'mon really, I mean if a million of us WERE armed marching on the Capitol, who'd arrest us. But that isn't practical is it, or convenient, or safe, or rational.
    Armed? who said anything about armed! It would be unarmed of course we are marching to protect the right not to violate the law.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    Hmmmm...just posted this in another thread. No way we could all march in D.C. armed. Besides, out of approx. 4M members of the NRA, I doubt that 25% of them carry concealed. Makes no differrence - we show up without our armament, several million strong, we make a real difference. First thing, it would choke D.C. big-time. Secondly, it would definitely get the media interested. And primarily, those in office who need to get re-elected 24 months from now would be served notice that they're on their way out if they support the emasculation of the 2nd Amendment.

As I said in the "other thread," give me a date, and I'll be there. Matter of fact, we form a database of people who want to go, and car-pool or charter busses. NRA must have some idea like this, they must!
    MAN LOOSE THE ARMED PART! This is a peaceful march to protect the 2nd not parade weapons illegally.

Sounds like a good plan but I am not sure how many people we could really get to come. Heck we could not even get enough people to vote against the Obamanation to keep that Marxist out of office.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

We would most certainly be picketed by anti groups, etc... We would just have to ignore and demonstrate peacefully. Can't afford to have any pro gunners arrested.

Let the anti's be the ones who get arrested during the march... sure enough there will be a few knuckleheads that do get locked up. They can certainly be militant at times.
    Last edited by Glockster20; 01-27-2009 at 11:51 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    We would most certainly be picketed by anti groups, etc... We would just have to ignore and demonstrate peacefully. Can't afford to have any pro gunners arrested.

Let the anti's be the ones who get arrested during the march... sure enough there will be a few knuckleheads that do get locked up. They can certainly be militant at times.
    DING, DING, DING, We have a winner! That is exactly what is needed several of the Brady Bunch arrested for disturbing a peaceful march! Right now we are looked upon as extremists and the Brady bunch as common sense, that is exactly what we need to change, that change will come about through peaceful demonstration and dialogue with those that are ignorant to the facts.

I myself have turned several individuals from pro 100% gun ban to CPL carriers, it is not that difficult if you are nice polite and give them facts for them to research and dispute. They quickly see the anti gun movement is and anti freedom movement and the so called fact projected by the Brady Bunch and others are all smoke and mirrors

8. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Sounds like a good plan but I am not sure how many people we could really get to come. Heck we could not even get enough people to vote against the Obamanation to keep that Marxist out of office.
    You are talking 2 very different items. I know more Democrats in AZ and Washington that own guns that do not.

Finding people to support the 2nd is not the same as keeping a politician out of office.

I vote "Yes".

After hearing the well reasoned arguments on both sides, I would have to agree with a giant, peaceful march. I think that if the big national organizations like the NRA, GOA, etc. could come up with sponsorship and an outline for the march we could reasonably expect at least a million supporters. Of course, we would need to self-police and make sure that any knuckleheads known to us personally do not violate the spirit of the march. It would also be up to each of us to stay calm, and calm others, in the face of all of the probably instigation and attempts to make us react.

Sign me up! I'll be there.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I'm only a couple hours south. Count me in, just put up a date and time
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

[QUOTE=rockwerks;59190]You are talking 2 very different items. I know more Democrats in AZ and Washington that own guns that do not.

Finding people to support the 2nd is not the same as keeping a politician out of office.

That is my point. A lot of people that claim to be gun owners either did not vote or voted for the most rabid anti gun President we have ever seen.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast