Signs of the End of the World As We Know It - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Signs of the End of the World As We Know It

Most are aware that the world has two lunatics with nukes.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

3. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Most are aware that the world has two lunatics with nukes.
    Remember the old adage. He may be a lunatic but he's our lunatic. Just remember what team you're on.

The Place to Be

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    Remember the old adage. He may be a lunatic but he's our lunatic. Just remember what team you're on.

The Place to Be
    I was a GMT in the Navy (former rate was Nuclear Weaponsman), and there is no side to be on
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

5. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    I was a GMT in the Navy (former rate was Nuclear Weaponsman), and there is no side to be on
    XD,
    I was around "special weapons" for many years. If any other country launches a first strike, levels a couple of US cities, and you aren't on the side of the US, then who are you then? Not a single sane person wants a nuclear conflict but your alternatives after a nuclear conflict are narrow and fairly predictable. What are your options is probably the best question.

The Place to Be

Like I've said many times before, "ISRAEL is God's Prophetic Timepiece. The End of The Book has already been written and nothing will change it or slow it down. Regardless of who occupies the Oval Office, very soon ALL of your worst nightmare scenarios are going to become a reality, on steroids. Three forth (3/4) of those Left Behind will die a horrible death within the next ten (10) years..."Because at that time there will be great suffering, the kind that hasn't happened from the beginning of the world until now and certainly won't ever happen again". There's only ONE OPTION, don't get Left Behind.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

7. "Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning—lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch! Mark 13:33-37".

- Jan Markell-Pete Garcia -
    Ringo,
    Are you going to Eden Prairie on the 7th? I wished I had made plans...

To the scoffers, just so you know, you are fulfilling prophesy yourselves.
    "Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires." 2 Peter 3:3

"6 Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
    8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
    Isaiah 55:6-8New King James Version (NKJV)

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    XD,
    I was around "special weapons" for many years. If any other country launches a first strike, levels a couple of US cities, and you aren't on the side of the US, then who are you then? Not a single sane person wants a nuclear conflict but your alternatives after a nuclear conflict are narrow and fairly predictable. What are your options is probably the best question.

The Place to Be
    Diplomacy, and not standing before the UN and calling him "rocket man" and taunting him like a school yard bully.

Quote Originally Posted by civilian75 View Post
    Ringo,
    Are you going to Eden Prairie on the 7th? I wished I had made plans...

To the scoffers, just so you know, you are fulfilling prophesy yourselves.
    "Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires." 2 Peter 3:3

"6 Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
    8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
    Isaiah 55:6-8New King James Version (NKJV)
    You do realize you are basing all this on a collection of fantasies written by men that didn't know where the sun went at night?

10. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Diplomacy, and not standing before the UN and calling him "rocket man" and taunting him like a school yard bully.
    Yeah, yeah. Great idea XD. Enable the nuts like they did the past two decades, placate him with money​ and wheat like our past "presidential" seat fillers, and kick the can down the road until.....now. The chickens have come home to roost.

The opportunity for diplomacy is still there (how do you think Otto Warmbier's body got home?) and part of that effort is finally letting Kim know that his options are few if he miscalculates. I guess we could let his weapons program proliferate, hope he doesn't sell weapons to terrorists (he will), and let our kids and grandkids face a full blown nuclear Korea with a mature program, hundreds more weapons, and the same delusional regime in place.

A confrontation now is ugly and especially for our Pacific Rim allies. The scenario now would be a short, excruciatingly horrific episode that would occur somewhere besides the homeland. In a not too distant future scenario you would have MAD and CONUS in flames.

Better hope diplomacy works because those other two options are the more likely paths in the absence of a diplomatic solution. He is in it for the long game and he doesn't care if his whole country starves in the interim. We won't have the luxury of arm chair quarterbacking this one.

I wouldn't worry about us executing a first strike. We're just looking for an excuse and he'll likely give us one. Don't blame Trump for this mess. He's actually taking ownership for something our past President's didn't have the cojones to deal with.

The Place to Be

We know (hope) that Trump does not have the solo authority to strike NK. I doubt that Kim Jong Un is so hampered, and you think it is wise to openly taunt someone with that power and that is most likely mentally unstable?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast