NRA's efforts against HR 1022?

Thread: NRA's efforts against HR 1022?

NRA's efforts against HR 1022?

A knowledgeable forum member (can't remember which one) posted an alert on the NRA website about HR 1022, the new 'assault weapons' ban.

I'm getting ready to send in $35 for a yearly membership, and I just want to see somewhere that they're fighting HR 1022 with the same zeal as they promoted the recently passed HR 2640. Since that original announcement, I haven't seen any new NRA statements about the bill. Is there at least some kind of public press statement that condemns HR 1022? That would be enough for me.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

ishi, I can't find anything else really significant on their website. I do know that they send me NRA-ILA email updates and a variety have mentioned the hr 1022 amendment. If you go to nraila.org and type hr 1022 into the search function it will bring up some of the email alerts they have sent me.They seem to post more what is going on instead of what they are trying to do. I don't know if the NRA is right for you, but I will never let my membership expire. If you have seen the thread about the NRA turncoat, and see what he says about the politicians being scared of the NRA, that just puts a big big smile on my face.

I have been a member for about 10 years. If you have any other questions please ask. If you don't want to post them pm me.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I emailed the NRA to ask your question. Here is what they sent back. I think the link is the same link you posted above. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your email. Here is the link to our recent alert on HR 1022:

http://www.nraila.org//Legislation/F...d.aspx?ID=2668

We are vehemently opposed to this bill, and we are actively opposing this bill in the US Congress. It is currently in the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security, and we will do what we can to keep it from going anywhere beyond that.

Thank you again for your email. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email or at (800) 392-8683.

Cordially,

Angus McClellan
    NRA-ILA Grassroots
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Okay, I'll take their word for it. Taking the plunge...
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Call your state reps. and tell them to opose this.