Bundy - ALL CHARGES DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE - FBI & ATF COMPLETELY DISCREDITED!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Bundy - ALL CHARGES DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE - FBI & ATF COMPLETELY DISCREDITED!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,775

    Bundy - ALL CHARGES DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE - FBI & ATF COMPLETELY DISCREDITED!

    This was my friendly-acquaintance, Mike Vanderboegh, speaking in Bunkerville a day or two after the Bundys won the first round of this nearly four-year ordeal over grazing and water rights on illegally-owned federal lands surrounding their ~150-acre ranch. Mike passed in August of 2016, a little more than two years after making that speech in support of the Bundy position of the controversies leading up to the Uprising.

    Today, Mike may be resting a little more in peace, as all charges have been dismissed with prejudice against the last of the Bunkerville defendants, including Cliven, Ryan and Ammon Bundy. It's over. Liberty won. Tyranny lost, though the judge overseeing the trial(s) certainly did everything in her power to see to it that those movements were reversed. She finally ran out of the ability to uphold the slightest pretense of objectivity with the final release of discovery documents that the FBI and ATF had been withholding since the first Bunkerville-related indictment came down. Her record is still awash in tyrannical behavior, but she probably did manage to retain her right to retire with her pension intact. One can hope that's not the case, but it's also not the subject of this post, so I won't go into all the varied reasons why hoping for her punishment is easily-justified.

    So here's a decent, though exceedingly brief, summary of what happened this morning in a Nevada federal courthouse. Praise the Lord.....


    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    This was my friendly-acquaintance, Mike Vanderboegh, speaking in Bunkerville a day or two after the Bundys won the first round of this nearly four-year ordeal over grazing and water rights on illegally-owned federal lands surrounding their ~150-acre ranch. Mike passed in August of 2016, a little more than two years after making that speech in support of the Bundy position of the controversies leading up to the Uprising.

    Today, Mike may be resting a little more in peace, as all charges have been dismissed with prejudice against the last of the Bunkerville defendants, including Cliven, Ryan and Ammon Bundy. It's over. Liberty won. Tyranny lost, though the judge overseeing the trial(s) certainly did everything in her power to see to it that those movements were reversed. She finally ran out of the ability to uphold the slightest pretense of objectivity with the final release of discovery documents that the FBI and ATF had been withholding since the first Bunkerville-related indictment came down. Her record is still awash in tyrannical behavior, but she probably did manage to retain her right to retire with her pension intact. One can hope that's not the case, but it's also not the subject of this post, so I won't go into all the varied reasons why hoping for her punishment is easily-justified.

    So here's a decent, though exceedingly brief, summary of what happened this morning in a Nevada federal courthouse. Praise the Lord.....


    The word righteous comes to mind. This should send a message about the prosecutorial misconduct that allowed a man to sent to jail for defending his rights. It should but probably won't. Much of our Western states are "owned" by our government and much of it in the past 15 years. I can't be made to believe they are seizing all this land for "our own good" and in the spirit of the original Antiquities Act. It's against the Constitution and even states can't beat them back. I'm glad he and the others were acquitted. A good link on this subject.

    Obama Sets Record for Federal Land and Water Seizures

  4. #3
    The turds should have gone to prison! Training snipers on federal agents is a crime. The man is a deadbeat. To bad the feds screwed up the prosecution. Next time they need competent prosecutors & investigators. There was more than enough to convict them.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

  5. Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    The turds should have gone to prison! Training snipers on federal agents is a crime. The man is a deadbeat. To bad the feds screwed up the prosecution. Next time they need competent prosecutors & investigators. There was more than enough to convict them.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    And yet, they were not. Hmmmm, I guess all that pesky evidence and the withholding thereof by the Feds must've eluded them when ruling "with prejudice" in this case.

    Take it out of the emotional arena for a moment. This is a states rights issue pure and simple. You can't subvert the Constitutional intent of states rights by strongarm robbery of their lands regardless of the purity of their intentions. It's against the law and it's that simple.

    If you were a cattle rancher or citizen farmer then I think you'd better understand. I am not and friends of mine are. Their herds range state and local property in a symbiotic relationship with nature and have done so since the 50's. My boss has property in another state and lets his neighbour's herd range on his lands as his Dad did. Does he get a cut? I don't know and have never asked him because it's business between two private citizens. The Federal government has enough issues without getting into Real Estate.

    I thought you were against the US colonizing any more than they already did in their past transgressions over the centuries? You don't change a dodgy past by disguising it in the present. Ask any Native American.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    And yet, they were not. Hmmmm, I guess all that pesky evidence and the withholding thereof by the Feds must've eluded them when ruling "with prejudice" in this case.

    Take it out of the emotional arena for a moment. This is a states rights issue pure and simple. You can't subvert the Constitutional intent of states rights by strongarm robbery of their lands regardless of the purity of their intentions. It's against the law and it's that simple.

    If you were a cattle rancher or citizen farmer then I think you'd better understand. I am not and friends of mine are. Their herds range state and local property in a symbiotic relationship with nature and have done so since the 50's. My boss has property in another state and lets his neighbour's herd range on his lands as his Dad did. Does he get a cut? I don't know and have never asked him because it's business between two private citizens. The Federal government has enough issues without getting into Real Estate.

    I thought you were against the US colonizing any more than they already did in their past transgressions over the centuries? You don't change a dodgy past by disguising it in the present. Ask any Native American.
    I view it less as a States rights issue and more of a due process issue. Bundy hadn't paid any rent on the land he used for DECADES. if you have a dispute you settle it in court and you meet your obligations in the mean time and demand renumeration as part of your victory in court. If you point a gun at a duly appointed figure of the law you become a criminal. That simple. It was correct of the judge to dismiss the case if the feds cheated. If you cheat too...you're no better than the system you are fighting.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

  7. Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    I view it less as a States rights issue and more of a due process issue. Bundy hadn't paid any rent on the land he used for DECADES. if you have a dispute you settle it in court and you meet your obligations in the mean time and demand renumeration as part of your victory in court. If you point a gun at a duly appointed figure of the law you become a criminal. That simple. It was correct of the judge to dismiss the case if the feds cheated. If you cheat too...you're no better than the system you are fighting.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    I don't know the particulars of the land use fees and I assure you that there's always two sides to these stories. I am not a big advocate of taking a person that owes back fees and throwing them in a jail cell if that was even the case. If the government wants it's pound of flesh then there are better ways to go about it and it pretty much assures you won't get paid if you lock them up but the taxpayers will pay to keep them incarcerated.

    I am the same way about marijuana laws and am an advocate of legalization for a lot of reasons providing they can solve the associated impairment while operating machinery, automobiles, etc.. I think that employers have the right to drug test, I don't think throwing a pot head in jail makes sense, and I have never smoked pot. It's a states right issue (like land rights should be) and am against the recent DOJ position change on it.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    I view it less as a States rights issue and more of a due process issue. Bundy hadn't paid any rent on the land he used for DECADES. if you have a dispute you settle it in court and you meet your obligations in the mean time and demand renumeration as part of your victory in court. If you point a gun at a duly appointed figure of the law you become a criminal. That simple. It was correct of the judge to dismiss the case if the feds cheated. If you cheat too...you're no better than the system you are fighting.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    S&W: There is a lot involved in the Bundy case which you don't seem to have taken into account. You are skating around the periphery of the entire issue and how the government had a considerable amount of culpability in how it all ended. BLM and other agencies were in the issue up to their eyelids and, please DO NOT forget how the illustrious Harry Reid was also involved due to a land deal Reid was in with China for construction of "utility-scale solar power generation facilities" on public land. In other words Bundy was interfering with another deal for Reid to make money on the backs of the public. The entire way the government plowed blindly in at the behest of political actors resulted in the killing of Bundy's cattle and indirectly contributed to the death of Robert Lavoy Finicum, another participant in the fight against the government.

    I'm sorry but you impress me as the type that is so liberal you will let the government run all over you, and the country, without putting up any resistance. Fortunately, there are others in this country who will stand up for their rights against those who would deny them.

  9. Except, the government was going to take cattle in lieu of payment, which lead to an armed stand-off. They should be in prison.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Except, the government was going to take cattle in lieu of payment, which lead to an armed stand-off. They should be in prison.
    And your source is what for this cattle deal? The below WAPO article, which I'm sure you avidly read, states "During the years that followed, there was no attempt to arrest him or collect unpaid grazing fees, and Bundy*remained unapologetic".

    I'm not defending his methods but some of the evidence that was withheld was that there were Federal snipers on his land days prior to a standoff. Are you OK with your taxpayer dollars paying snipers to scope dial you before committing any violent crime? If so, why are you OK with that?

    The government didn't lose the case based on the facts but on the facts withheld. We'll never know know if they could have won on the merits because the judge buried any future opportunities due to the legal malfeasance involved.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ical-prisoner/

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Except, the government was going to take cattle in lieu of payment, which lead to an armed stand-off. They should be in prison.
    If memory serves me, many of Bundy's cattle had already been killed and bulldozed. The government came up short here and it was so televised that it couldn't be denied. The ones who should be in prison are the ones who perpetrated the offense, i.e., BLM and possibly Harry Reid. It appears to me that the people of this country are making their voices heard again and the government will be held accountable for their high jinks. The entire event should give notice to the government that the people are tired of being pushed around for no reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast