MAGA Problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAGA Problem

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    I'll agree with you on the fact that debt is up and wholly dependent on a GDP above 3% to offset tax relief but explain to me if you could, how he reduced income? Wage growth is up 2.9%. Ohhhh, not that income, I get it, you meant reduced tax revenues to feed the pig at the trough. Rand Paul is probably more right, or less wrongMAGA Problem, than everybody. Reduce expenditures.

I'm assuming you have a budget, I know I have a budget, so why again would we want to pay more taxes to keep them spending like drunken Sailors?

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app
    Yep, got a budget, and no debt.

I would rather pay more taxes and pay down the national debt (I care about the country my kids and grand kids will live in).

And the path we are on.... reduce receipts significantly, increase expenditures significantly...
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

3. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Yep, got a budget, and no debt.

I would rather pay more taxes and pay down the national debt (I care about the country my kids and grand kids will live in).

And the path we are on.... reduce receipts significantly, increase expenditures significantly...
    I would agree with you on that if our politicians didn't look at taxpayers money as their own personal pork piggy bank. If both sides ever agreed to a bill that would seriously tackle spending then I'd be more amenable . Combining a flat tax would fix it and they know that but their lobbyist buddies would never let it happen.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

Yep, government is spending like someone in Best Buy with a stolen credit card.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. Unfortunately, he can. Trump's inherent moral and ethical deficiencies are so glaring, malignant, and corrosive that they corrupt everyone who comes within his orbit. Just look at the way House and Senate Republicans, formerly protectors of country, Constitution, and the rule of law, have prostituted themselves and the nation in order to protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog1958 View Post
    ...He can’t take advantage of the a US Senator the way he did a small, privately-owned vendor who faithfully performed his service, only to be swindled out of his money by the Trump firm. He can’t bully his way around the DC political machine, the way he did local NY politics...”

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Unfortunately, he can. Trump's inherent moral and ethical deficiencies are so glaring, malignant, and corrosive that they corrupt everyone who comes within his orbit. Just look at the way House and Senate Republicans, formerly protectors of country, Constitution, and the rule of law, have prostituted themselves and the nation in order to protect him.
    Don't forget that the White House's new budget has all but declared their official position is "Deficits don't matter". Democrats can't be blamed either...this rot and this position come from the top down.
    Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Unfortunately, he can. Trump's inherent moral and ethical deficiencies are so glaring, malignant, and corrosive that they corrupt everyone who comes within his orbit. Just look at the way House and Senate Republicans, formerly protectors of country, Constitution, and the rule of law, have prostituted themselves and the nation in order to protect him.
    I agree. Trump has flipped several GOP senators and representatives who are in fear of losing their up-coming re-election bids if they’re were to resist him. That 30-35% group of Trump loyalists, are of value to many seeking re-election. Also, look at how many old timers from the GOP are retiring. It’s close to 30 senators and representatives. This isn’t a coincidence. Many are retiring, while a few are changing careers . . . The Trump Effect is in place. He’s killing his own party from within.
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog1958 View Post
    I agree. Trump has flipped several GOP senators and representatives who are in fear of losing their up-coming re-election bids if they’re were to resist him. That 30-35% group of Trump loyalists, are of value to many seeking re-election. Also, look at how many old timers from the GOP are retiring. It’s close to 30 senators and representatives. This isn’t a coincidence. Many are retiring, while a few are changing careers . . . The Trump Effect is in place. He’s killing his own party from within.
    It's actually more, with 38 from the House alone. Here's the list as of Jan 31 stating who and what they are doing.

As of Jan. 31, 2018, there are 38 Republican House members who are not returning to the House for another term.

Republicans retiring in 2018:

Retiring Senate Republicans
    Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tennessee
    Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Arizona
    Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah

Retiring House Republicans
    Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas
    Rep. Charlie Dent, R-Pennsylvania
    Rep. John Duncan, R-Tennessee
    Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas
    Rep. Rodney P. Frelinghuysen, R-New Jersey
    Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Virginia
    Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-South Carolina
    Rep. Gregg Harper, R-Mississippi
    Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas
    Rep. Darrell Issa, R-California
    Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Kansas
    Rep. Sam Johnson, R-Texas
    Rep. Frank LoBiondo, R-New Jersey
    Rep. Ted Poe, R-Texas
    Rep. Dave Reichert, R-Washington
    Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Florida
    Rep. Ed Royce, R-California
    Rep. Bill Shuster, R-Pennsylvania
    Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas
    Rep. Dave Trott, R-Michigan

House Republicans who have resigned or will resign
    Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah
    Rep. Trent Franks, R-Arizona
    Rep. Patrick Meehan, R-Pennsylvania
    Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Pennsylvania
    Rep. Pat Tiberi, R-Ohio

House Republicans running for another office

Senate:
    Rep. Lou Barletta, R-Pennsylvania
    Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tennessee
    Rep. Evan Jenkins, R-West Virginia
    Rep. Luke Messer, R-Indiana
    Rep. Todd Rokita, R-Indiana
    Rep. Martha McSally, R-Arizona

Governor:
    Rep. Diane Black, R-Tennessee
    Rep. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho
    Rep. Kristi Noem, R-South Dakota
    Rep. James Renacci, R-Ohio
    Rep. Steve Pearce, R-New Mexico
    Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Florida

Other:
    Rep. Jim Bridenstine, R-Oklahoma (nominated for NASA Administrator)

Looks like rats fleeing a sinking ship IMO.
    Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12