Flu Season From Hell Keeps Getting Worse
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Season From Hell Keeps Getting Worse

Smile Flu Season From Hell Keeps Getting Worse

Curious if anyone here on the forum has suffered through this nasty virus? Due to our age and medical conditions, my wife and I would be at great risk should we contract this flu. We don't get a flu shot. To protect ourselves we stay home during flu season except for Doctor appointments and grocery shopping. When we go to the grocery store it's around 10 o'clock at night when there are the least of shoppers shopping, and we always wear a N95 Respirator Mask and sanitize the shopping carts with a 91% alcohol solution. We've had all of our pneumonia shots (2), however, these shots only protect against bacterial pneumonia, not viral pneumonia. Get a life one might say. I say, save a life. Nothings perfect, just doing the best we can.

Flu Season From Hell Keeps Getting Worse
    Now your kids are spreading it. More than 50,000 deaths are expected before it finally ends.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-getting-worse
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

The CDC (you know scientist) still recommend the flu shot. We are also concerned about the flu based on our age and health, thus we got our flu shot in late November. The over 65 crowd of which I am a member, can get a high dose shot that is more effective. I have had one every year, except the year there was an extreme shortage, 2004 I think. Probably the only year I messed in 3 - 4 decades. And neither of us has any adverse reaction to flu shots.

In recent years 2009 was a worse year for the flu.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

The flu shot can result in dangerous side effects for certain individuals. My wife suffers from a delicate heart condition and I'm a survivor of a Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA). The doctors call me the "miracle man". Unfortunately the flu vaccine can cause a spike in blood pressure in certain individuals, my wife and I cannot take that chance.

Understood. Since you and your wife have medically reasons to not be vaccinated, then you understand the dangers that people that have no such issues and choose not to be vaccinated pose a threat to people in your position, or even refuse to stay home when they are sick.

A neighboring county has a pertussis outbreak going on, and people that opt out of vaccines facilitate the spread of such diseases, posing a threat to those that cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. I wonder how the parents feel about their decision not to vaccinate their kids as they watch their child cough and vomit and struggle to breath.

Being retired does give you and your wife the luxury of 'sheltering in place' so to speak until the flu season blows over. Sounds like you are doing the best that you can given your circumstances, hope it works out for you.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

6. One other thing you can do . If you do get it do haul ass down and get those pills from the Dr. you’ll be better in a few days and spend less than all the med supplies to beat it back while you are sick for 3 weeks. Been there done that last year because I kept forgetting to get my shot. Whatever’s on those big cleanish vitamin D looking capsules really works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, we certainly hope it works out too. My wife thinks of it this way...we can go out and chance death by flu, or stay home and "shelter in place" as you say, and chance death by boredom.

9. I just picked up some Tamiflu an hour ago because I started coming down with a bug and it turned out to be flu. My Doc says it'll cut the duration of the flu by at least half. My only saving grace is I drink 2½ liters of water a day so I'm probably ahead of this if I can keep it up. Nyquil time. See you on the other sideFlu Season From Hell Keeps Getting Worse.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

Health Officials Urge People Going to Super Bowl to Get Flu Shot

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    I just picked up some Tamiflu an hour ago because I started coming down with a bug and it turned out to be flu. My Doc says it'll cut the duration of the flu by at least half. My only saving grace is I drink 2½ liters of water a day so I'm probably ahead of this if I can keep it up. Nyquil time. See you on the other sideFlu Season From Hell Keeps Getting Worse.
    It's a nasty booger, I'll say a prayer for you. Keep us informed of how your doing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast