Are liberals rooting against America? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are liberals rooting against America?

1. Not just liberals but some of the swamp on the other side had rather see America go down than for an outsider like Trump to MAGA .

Oh yes. They have been for 10 years

Many democrats are against the America that Trump and the KKK want, that does not me an they are against America.

We are a country made up of immigrants, yet the word immigrant is a trigger word for the right wingnuts. The ignorance represented is stunning and lost on those demonstrating such ignorance.

Ignorance causes the ignorant to rage against their contributions while they are ignorant of the that fact that 43% of the fortune 500 companies were founded by immigrants. In spite of your ignorance and denial of the reality that immigrants are what has made this country what it is.

OBTW, I am not a democrat, never have been, nor do I subscribe to the ignorance and mind numbing stupidity that is so pervasive amongst those that support the current republican mindset.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Many democrats are against the America that Trump and the KKK want, that does not me an they are against America.

We are a country made up of immigrants, yet the word immigrant is a trigger word for the right wingnuts. The ignorance represented is stunning and lost on those demonstrating such ignorance.

Ignorance causes the ignorant to rage against their contributions while they are ignorant of the that fact that 43% of the fortune 500 companies were founded by immigrants. In spite of your ignorance and denial of the reality that immigrants are what has made this country what it is.

OBTW, I am not a democrat, never have been, nor do I subscribe to the ignorance and mind numbing stupidity that is so pervasive amongst those that support the current republican mindset.
    How did you morph this into an immigrant discussion? It's related how?

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    How did you morph this into an immigrant discussion? It's related how?

Oh that's right, Trump doesn't believe that immigrants are the problem, never talks about them, never mentions them, not part of his agenda, doesn't say they are a problem ....... my bad.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

7. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Oh that's right, Trump doesn't believe that immigrants are the problem, never talks about them, never mentions them, not part of his agenda, doesn't say they are a problem ....... my bad.
    You are able to morph any discussion about any subject into a Trump comment. You talk about Ops with HillaryAre liberals rooting against America?. Physician, heal thyself.

It is camouflage to simply use the word immigrant like these are immigrants such as the ones that disembarked from ships in New York and were processed through Ellis Island. As my grandmother used to relate what her mom told her, to me and my cousins, "they were herded like cattle" and "treated dreadfully". You make it sound like they were welcomed with open arms and given the keys to the cities where they settled. Far from it. Being admitted legally was a difficult and extraordinarily challenging task that was a lifelong pursuit of overcoming language barriers, assimilating, and climbing the obstacles that were part of legal immigration. I'm assuming you know this already though.

If you can't understand why there are law abiding Americans that can't grasp the concept of breaking the law, to illegally take up residence within sovereign borders, and to burden our social service networks then you are not objective. You shout "racist" at every person that dares to question the very idea that these folks are here illegally because you're comfortable shouting down people that disagree with your point. I do not know a single American I have talked to that is against LEGAL immigration regardless of race or religion. If you want to debate immigration limits or merit based immigration that's a different discussion that's definitely worth having but legal and illegal immigration are two clearly defined terms that should be easy to understand.

Illegal immigration should encompass enforcement of all illegal aliens regardless of race or religion. Russians, Chinese, Vietnamese, Greeks, Albanians, Irish, Syrian, Dominican....who cares? They should not overstay visas or be here illegally and Mexico should not be given priority just because they are geographically proximate. I guess they won some location lottery being on the doorstep of where a great deal of the global population would gladly live but go through our process or go home.

Go to Mexico XD, change that, go to any other country in the world that is not a failing or failed state, and overstay your visa and see how that works out for you. You would be quite surprised at how little, change that, zero tolerance they have for illegally being in their sovereign country. Try not to throw shade on the above by invoking DACA. It muddies the water on a topic that is otherwise crystal clear.

The thread title, "Are liberals rooting against America?" indicates that those that disagree with Trump are un-American. Why do they disagree with Trump? Many reasons, but immigration is a big one.

Why is DACA verboten in the discussion?

9. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    The thread title, "Are liberals rooting against America?" indicates that those that disagree with Trump are un-American. Why do they disagree with Trump? Many reasons, but immigration is a big one.

Why is DACA verboten in the discussion?
    DACA is not as relevant to the bare bones discussion of being illegal because it's not as black and white as their willful and deliberate parents decisions were. The circumstances behind their being here are unique. If something common to 1.8M people (allegedly) could really be unique.

The national dialogue is uniquely American in that we are a forgiving and compassionate country and there seems to be a willingness to try and understand. We'll see how it plays out. I'm definitely not Switzerland on this and regardless of the outcome of the phony DACA negotiations (spoiler alert, they get to stay), I want to see every person who is in this county illegally find their way back home to the countries that they are actually citizens of. Why is that wrong again? Cue the race card.....

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    These are not our parents liberals. Those folks might have had different ideas about America and the ways we maintain the Constitution and our republic but they were for justice, were patriotic, and cared about the sovereignty of our nation. Arguably, both parties despise our Constitution now and they demonstrate that nearly every day.
    The Republicans have become Democrats and the Democrats have become Communists.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The Republicans have become Democrats and the Democrats have become Communists.
    Democrats have become Eisenhower republicans. Republicans have become Fascist Hypocrites.

Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast