Are liberals rooting against America? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are liberals rooting against America?

1. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    OG, how about the breath of the soldiers that died in Vietnam, and Iraq, which posed zero threat to the US, but were political wars only?

To refresh your memory, we were told we were in Vietnam to keep the communist hoards from our shores. Well we lost, and the communist hoards are where?
    Iraq was about 9/11 and WMDs, and the fact that Iraq/Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 and no WMDs?

More here now than in the 60's & 70's

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Those soldiers also died so that every football player, Olympic athlete, student or any other person in America (overpaid or not) can take a knee in protest during the anthem or while others say the pledge.

You seem to forget that like so many others in their dotage. So patriots like myself will be there to remind you of that every day old boss. THAT is putting Your money where your mouth is as much as any military, first responder, or civil service career, or when you lay your life on the line or even give it. Recognizing the right for active dissent or even disrespect is even harder than saluting that flag.....because at the end of the day if you don't respect that right you are just saluting a scrap of fabric ❄.

Oh, and thanks for making my point.

Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    Spoken like a true snowflake. Since you are a professed communist, do you think that would be allowed in a communist country? Nah, don't think so. You made a good point in saying that the soldiers died to enable others to protest. Did their deaths also give others the right to disrespect the flag and country for which they died? Is that how you would honor those men and women? Is that showing patriotism? I would think that a true patriot is one who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion. Disrespect such as this is an insult to those who call themselves patriots. BTW, what about the ball player who stood during the National Anthem and, as a consequence, his own team mates allowed him to be hurt by not properly defending him. Also, that player was a commissioned military officer who had honored his country and flag by standing while the others knelt.

I would like to think that you might be a patriot but, at the same time, be able to differentiate between patriotism and disrespect under the name of patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    OG, how about the breath of the soldiers that died in Vietnam, and Iraq, which posed zero threat to the US, but were political wars only?

To refresh your memory, we were told we were in Vietnam to keep the communist hoards from our shores. Well we lost, and the communist hoards are where?
    Iraq was about 9/11 and WMDs, and the fact that Iraq/Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 and no WMDs?
    Good point XD but to refresh your memory, we were not the ones running the government and had absolutely no control. It is easy, in retrospect, to sit back comfortably and opine about past events. All of those past events were way above our pay grades and we didn't know the truth then, and possibly not even now. Time marches on.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Spoken like a true snowflake. Since you are a professed communist, do you think that would be allowed in a communist country? Nah, don't think so. You made a good point in saying that the soldiers died to enable others to protest. Did their deaths also give others the right to disrespect the flag and country for which they died? Is that how you would honor those men and women? Is that showing patriotism? I would think that a true patriot is one who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion. Disrespect such as this is an insult to those who call themselves patriots. BTW, what about the ball player who stood during the National Anthem and, as a consequence, his own team mates allowed him to be hurt by not properly defending him. Also, that player was a commissioned military officer who had honored his country and flag by standing while the others knelt.

I would like to think that you might be a patriot but, at the same time, be able to differentiate between patriotism and disrespect under the name of patriotism.
    Actually that is exactly the point I am making. If I so choose to burn my country's flag in protest of actions that I deem to be illegitimate....that is my right as affirmed multiple times by the Supreme Court and the U.S. court system. I will burn, spit, defecate, urinate, stomp on, shred, and use as toilet paper the flag of the United States of America if I feel it gets across my point of protest against my government. I love my country, I don't love my leaders...it is my right to say so, up to and including creating a bullet riddled effigy of any of those leaders as a political protest. IT IS MY FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT and the right of every other American. Your permission is neither required nor desired snowflake. Now THAT is what those men died for....I'm not sorry it offends your delicate sensibilities.
    Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    More here now than in the 60's & 70's
    Still stuck in the paranoia of the McCarthy era?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Good point XD but to refresh your memory, we were not the ones running the government and had absolutely no control. It is easy, in retrospect, to sit back comfortably and opine about past events. All of those past events were way above our pay grades and we didn't know the truth then, and possibly not even now. Time marches on.
    "WE" still ain't running the government and "WE" still have no control. The fact someone you voted for is in office in do way means you have any say. The 0.01% are still totally in control.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    "WE" still ain't running the government and "WE" still have no control. The fact someone you voted for is in office in do way means you have any say. The 0.01% are still totally in control.
    It's a universal irony that the study of democratic societies prove a history of free peoples searching for tyrants to enslave them. Better to live superficial with mood-altering machines than to acknowledge the truth of what intelligence gone wrong has made of the world. Reality is only a suggestion -- and even the androids think they're human. To lie and believe the lie is to forswear one's humanity; and one might therefore ask of liberals if they too think they're human.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

Are liberals rooting against America?-thumbnail_nuked.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Are liberals rooting against America?-thumbnail_nuked.jpg
    A. Russia, Pakistan, & Iran have provided the technical expertise for the Korean missle program.

B. The money in question was Iranian from the beginning.

C. The Uranium One deal was mainly for a Uranium ore processing facility.

Other than that, like everything else you believe, your facts are twisted beyond anything resembling the truth.

Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

If It Damages America, It's Good for Democrats
    https://www.truthrevolt.org/commenta...good-democrats

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast