Should illegal aliens be allowed to vote? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should illegal aliens be allowed to vote?

I am sick and tired of hearing the left's argument that those illegal aliens who are nice people holding down jobs and raising families are somehow less illegal than the illegal people who commit crimes.

Entering this country illegally IS A CRIME!
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    I literally do not know a single person that is good with picking crops in a field. Not one. About 2 million illegal immigrants pick crops in America and I'm pretty sure they have the market cornered on a job that few Americans would do. Same goes for most landscaping jobs and kitchen staff at restaurants. There are a lot of jobs that we would gladly hand over with a functioning work visa program.

A day in the strawberry fields seems like forever

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app
    Are you suggesting that illegals are a sub class of people who's value is they will do the scut work that U. S. citizens are too special to do?

By the way. I grew up on a farm and I picked strawberries. I picked potatoes. I harvested hay. I milked cows by hand. I shoveled manure. Am I also to be looked down upon as someone who is only good enough to do the scut work few Americans would do?

Perhaps the real problem is too many Americans think they are entitled to step out of college and waltz into a corner office job that comes with a company car and a social calendar filled with cocktail parties hobnobbing with the elites because they are too special and too important to shovel manure and harvest crops.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I am sick and tired of hearing the left's argument that those illegal aliens who are nice people holding down jobs and raising families are somehow less illegal than the illegal people who commit crimes.

Are you suggesting that illegals are a sub class of people who's value is they will do the scut work that U. S. citizens are too special to do?

By the way. I grew up on a farm and I picked strawberries. I picked potatoes. I harvested hay. I milked cows by hand. I shoveled manure. Am I also to be looked down upon as someone who is only good enough to do the scut work few Americans would do?

Perhaps the real problem is too many Americans think they are entitled to step out of college and waltz into a corner office job that comes with a company car and a social calendar filled with cocktail parties hobnobbing with the elites because they are too special and too important to shovel manure and harvest crops.
    Face it, Republicans love illegal immigration so much, they refuse to fix any of the problems. You've been in the drivers seat twice in the last 20 years and both times you've refused to fix it. You're all talk and no action....just like on fiscal conservatism. Keep whining.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

No. I'm not suggesting that corporate America and elites want scut workers. Actually, what they have now and want in the future is slavery and they will get it no matter what is done. Whether we hide it behind the facade of legality and tracking of these workers or an illegal population that lives off social programs and subsidized health care while working here, they want slaves. You are not looked down upon by ME for the hard work you've done. As I stated, I know not a single person that would do such work in 2018, millennials in general will not do the work that you and I did as young men, and we are kidding ourselves if we think that they will.

I never picked crops but did shovel tones of manure, bailed hay in the fields, framed and roofed houses, and cleaned bilges on fishing boats before joining the service. I then went on deployments for 6 months at a time away from my family and in harm's way, moved every two or three years for 3 decades, and went to college on active duty after work and between deployments at night to earn a degree.

I had some of the things you mentioned in your last paragraph but later in my life, I didn't do any waltzing out of college for sure, and the cocktail party world and social calendar you speak of is foreign to my hobbies and interests. I don't do mandatory fun anymore like I had to in the service. NavyLCDR knows what mandatory fun is.

They have two paths to choose but we'll probably settle for some ineffective hybrid solution. Make all guest workers a tracked commodity with medical care and standard employer guidelines but beholden to those businesses that hire them or continue to allow them to be abused as slaves, living in the shadows, using social programs and our taxes because their employers don't care and don't want to pay for it, and given some sort of quasi legal voting status depending on where they're hiding.

Both parties want legal slavery with the corporations paying nothing and the taxpayers holding the bag for illegals healthcare, schooling, and other human needs. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

Face it, Republicans love illegal immigration so much, they refuse to fix any of the problems. You've been in the drivers seat twice in the last 20 years and both times you've refused to fix it. You're all talk and no action....just like on fiscal conservatism. Keep whining.
    I find it interesting that you ass u me that I'm a Republican simply because I don't agree with your leftist beliefs.

So why didn't the Democrats fix the illegal problem when they were in power?

Perhaps it would help if you were to read what niceshootintex said:

Originally posted by niceshootintex:
    Both parties want legal slavery with the corporations paying nothing and the taxpayers holding the bag for illegals healthcare, schooling, and other human needs. Simple.
    Well said niceshootintex!

And it is good to know another poster who shoveled manure in real life instead of just shoveling it on internet forums like some others here.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I find it interesting that you ass u me that I'm a Republican simply because I don't agree with your leftist beliefs.

And it is good to know another poster who shoveled manure in real life instead of just shoveling it on internet forums like some others here.
    I was Mike Rowe before there was a Mike Rowe. Sounds like you were tooShould illegal aliens be allowed to vote?

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....call it a republican.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....call it a republican.
    Speaking of ducks quacking:

Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    If George Soros is truly paying all those protesters to march against Trump, and commit violence in the name of liberalism, why don't you join us and tell me what the going rate to march is. I'm willing to wait.
    Bold, size, and underline added by me for emphasis. Your post (post #15) can be viewed at: https://www.usacarry.com/forums/poli...ghlight=antifa

Bold, size, and underline added by me for emphasis. Your post (post #15) can be viewed at: https://www.usacarry.com/forums/poli...ghlight=antifa
    Look, he pulled it out of the ground and took it out of context again. BTW, you never did tell me what the going rate is since you're the expert on Soros.

Should illegal aliens be allowed to vote?-bikenut.jpg

Look, he pulled it out of the ground and took it out of context again. BTW, you never did tell me what the going rate is since you're the expert on Soros.

Should illegal aliens be allowed to vote?-bikenut.jpg
    More misdirection and another diversion. Read the discussion where you posted what I quoted and you will find I never said anything about being an expert on Soros or who Soros pays to march/commit violence but most certainly did point out your self stated connection with marching against Trump and committing violence in the name of liberalism:

Your own words Sir.

Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    If George Soros is truly paying all those protesters to march against Trump, and commit violence in the name of liberalism, why don't you join us and tell me what the going rate to march is. I'm willing to wait.

And it is with your own words that the saying about walking like a duck and quacking like a duck becomes appropriate in your case.

And it is with your own words that you personally lose all credibility.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast