Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump and Kim To Meet By May

Trump and Kim To Meet By May

We shall see . . .

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

https://usat.ly/2oWBfr0
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

At least Trump is getting something done that all the previous spineless presidents couldn't get done in 30 years. As long as the nuclear program is canned and there are correct inspections done, this might be a good thing.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Yeah...for the record, this always starts this way. Sure we'll negotiate....then they pocket the gains and go back to doing the same old thing. We'll see.

Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

From Obama and previous Presidents we had strategic patience, capitulation and appeasement towards N. Korea and from Trump we had no BS and drew the line towards N. Korea. We sure can see which one has worked.
    Today N. Korea, tomorrow Iran.

And time will tell if he's legit, or more full of crap than any other.

Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    And time will tell if he's legit, or more full of crap than any other.

You'd better hope he's legit and if this goes through, Trump needs to trust but verify Rocket man keeps his words. Also nothing's going to change with the sanctions, until proof is completed.

I was stationed in South Korea during the early 80’s, when Kim’s grandfather was the ruler of the nation. We saw a transition of power to his father and now to him. The family legacy is at risk, and Kim wants to remain in power. That’s his number one concern. The sanctions are secondary. He’s already seen his people starve and has proven to not care about them. His father and grandfather didnt care, either. Kim can’t be trusted and enjoys playing games —and at this point — he is aware that he actually has a slight negotiating advantage. I doubt that a meeting will actually take place.
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

The N. Korean economy is almost broke and they know it, with the sanctions still in place, Rocket Man doesn't have a whole lot of time to try and BS Trump. Correct all the RM want's is to stay in power and he's come face to face with a President that's not afraid to use military force and he's seen that the end of the road is right around the corner, if he doesn't stop his trying to make a ICBM with a nuclear warhead on it.

It’s gonna be huge!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog1958 View Post
    I was stationed in South Korea during the early 80’s, when Kim’s grandfather was the ruler of the nation. We saw a transition of power to his father and now to him. The family legacy is at risk, and Kim wants to remain in power. That’s his number one concern. The sanctions are secondary. He’s already seen his people starve and has proven to not care about them. His father and grandfather didnt care, either. Kim can’t be trusted and enjoys playing games —and at this point — he is aware that he actually has a slight negotiating advantage. I doubt that a meeting will actually take place.
    I was there in the early 50s and then again ten years later. S. Korea made tremendous progress after the war and has prospered while N. Korea isn't much better than 1953 when the hostilities ended. The north is still stinging from the war and has devoted much time and effort into developing the military at the expense of the citizenry. Many "analysts" have said that the North has a large military but their parades and show of force is mostly a facade. In reality, the military may not be able to withstand sustained fighting when their troops are physically ill-prepared, as illustrated by the soldier who defected and was shot. He was not the finest specimen of a fighting man.

Kim is considered to be a god-like figure by the people and they are afraid to say anything against him. He is a ruthless leader and from some reports I have read, is afraid of his own shadow. His official car is an expensive Mercedes but reports have said he is afraid of riding in it and possibly be assassinated. Most of his travel is said to be in the cars of others and he is taken to a bunker. That is not the behavior of strong and fearless leader. He is paranoid and rightfully so. The S. Korea military has trained for his assassination and he knows it. That being said, if he thinks he will lose his position and killed in the process, he might actually use a nuclear weapon and destroy the Korean Peninsula while inflicting serious damage elsewhere.

If Trump is smart, he will take someone with him who is able to talk to Kim and assure him that he will be safer cooperating with the world. Trump, by himself, may stick his foot in his mouth and cause SHTF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast