IL-State house passes bill to confiscate semiauto guns belonging to 18-20 year olds

Thread: IL-State house passes bill to confiscate semiauto guns belonging to 18-20 year olds

1. IL-State house passes bill to confiscate semiauto guns belonging to 18-20 year olds

And in reading the bill, there is no mention of compensation.

State Congress Passes Bill to Confiscate Legal Guns from All 18-20-year-olds

State Congress Passes Bill to Confiscate Legal Guns from All 18-20-year-olds

The Illinois House has passed a bill that will force legal gun owners to turn in their weapons to the government or become criminals overnight.

By Matt Agorist - March 11, 2018

Illinois — The Illinois House has passed a bill that will require legal gun owners to hand over ownership of heretofore legally possessed guns. Now, this most tyrannical bill has moved to the Senate and is one step away from becoming law.

The bill, HB 1465 was sponsored in the House by Rep. Michelle Mussman (D-Schaumburg) and passed with a vote of 64-51 last month.

The legislation would prohibit anyone under 21-years-old from buying or possessing commonly-owned semi-automatic rifles, high-capacity weapons that can hold more than ten rounds, their subsequent attachments, and .50-caliber rifles and cartridges.

They would have 90 days to turn in their guns to the government or become criminals.

Naturally, those opposed to the bill have been outspoken pointing out the tyranny of the government stealing once-legally owned property from individuals based on the arbitrary number of birthdays they’ve had.

Mussman claims that the bill won’t have cops going door to door to confiscate weapons—yet—but it will make keeping your once-legal gun a crime.

Rest assured that this is the exact same model that Donald Trump is pushing for on the federal level as he has already been outspoken about taking guns from 18-20-year-old adults.

Earlier this month, President Donald Trump betrayed his base and Americans in general as he advocated for confiscating guns with no due process.

“I like taking the guns early like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

This blatant attack on the very thing that makes America great, due process, has been in the making since before the Florida shooting, but Trump appears to be striking while the iron is hot.

And his supporters couldn’t care less.

Earlier this month, president Trump told a group of lawmakers that they must do something to keep guns away from mentally ill individuals – even if that means raising the minimum age for rifle ownership to 21 and making all 18-20 year-olds who have guns, criminals overnight. He is also going after gun parts as well.

His attack on the Constitution has gotten him praise by the left and is met with silence by his supporters who are conducting mental gymnastics to praise this man who is calling for the removal of due process and the removal of their right to self-defense.

While the current legislation in Illinois claims to only go after semi-automatic rifles, the wording of the bill also makes it possible to go after handguns too if they decide to interpret the definition in a certain way.

As the bill states, it will ban any weapon with “a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel.”

This could technically be applied to most modern handguns.

Indeed, the now-expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban included a barrel shroud in its list of features for which a semi-automatic pistol could be banned (two features in the list were required), the logic being that a barrel shroud would be cool enough for a shooter to grip and better control their firearm.

It seems that the hollow claim by government that “nobody wants to confiscate your guns” is nothing more than a pack of lies used to calm those who aren’t paying attention.

Make no mistake, even if this bill does not affect you directly, it is just the beginning. Government works in increments to erode everyone’s rights but slowly enough so people can continue to think “it won’t affect me.” Remember this warning for the future as more and more people are stripped of their right to defend themselves—first, they came for the under 21-year-olds.

While SCOTUS has ruled that states have the right to regulate firearms...this would stand up about as well as the D.C. restrictions in Heller.

Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

4. Well, trump always did $upport democrats before running as a republican for president. Funny how everybody flocked to vote for him because he stuck an “R” after his name.

Like I’ve always said, the president doesn’t make laws, that is up to the congress/senate, but he certainly does “set the tone”.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    Well, trump always did $upport democrats before running as a republican for president. Funny how everybody flocked to vote for him because he stuck an “R” after his name.

Like I’ve always said, the president doesn’t make laws, that is up to the congress/senate, but he certainly does “set the tone”.
    Actually, if Trump gets his way, the banning of bump stocks nationwide by some form of regulation coming out of the BATFE that already ruled them lawful three separate times, would be tantamount to Trump "making laws." Obama "made law" otherwise known as DAPA and DACA, and Trump continues to enforce the non-law of DACA as though it is "law."

Whenever the first Executive Order reached outside of President's staff and agencies which he controls to put obligations or limitations on regular citizens, from that point forward, presidents have been able to "make law." Trump has fairly substantial precedent that he's following. Really too bad that the citizenry doesn't realize how substantial the precedent for resisting tyranny is before the means to do so is relegated to the dustbin of history. Both situations are the stark reality though. If the latter doesn't invoke their precedent, the former will be free to continue issuing diktats upon the foundation of theirs.

The power structure in this country is, and has been since Lincoln, turned totally upside down. The "power" to vote is no power at all, which means that We, The People no longer hold the highest position of power in this country, if indeed, we ever did. Our consent is neither sought nor respected by government. It ain't likely to change except for how free men and women relate in their own sphere of influence to government intrusion. It is a very small minority of people who have the means and paid-for property to extricate themselves totally from government influences, but that's what it takes to actually be free in today's America. It virtually can't be done by urban-dwellers, which is why the establishment has worked so hard at herding the masses to urbania. Country-dwellers are just slightly less encumbered. The Bundys in Nevada are a great example of what happens when people try to extricate themselves from government clutches. Their "wins" have come at monumental costs. It's true for those of us trying in a less public and grandiose fashion too. Just the expense of getting taken off the grid can bankrupt most folks. In many states there are fines for building a property that is self-powered by solar or wind or geothermal, and the fines are even higher if you're trying to go from being on-grid to one of those energy sources to get off-grid. "Freedom" is not attainable for the overwhelming majority of Americans, and even most of the ones who could handle the lifestyle of self-sufficiency and self-responsibility don't have enough financial resources to get there from here. But freedom to make one's own way in this life is the bottom-line desire behind the meaningless slogan of, "The American Dream." When Trump or any president makes law from the Oval Office protecting and promoting that kind of freedom, I'll support him and the cause such promotion would be advocating for. Until then, they can all kiss my rosy red hemorrhoids. I don't recognize their authority to lord over me or mine. I take pride in being as ungovernable as I can possibly make myself. That is my slogan.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...