An important message and warning. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An important message and warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Neither was Jesus a Liberal Progressive purveyor of infanticide & homosexual perversion.

Show me one passage in the new testament where Jesus explicitly mentioned infanticide or homosexuality.

When was the last time you did as you were commanded by your Lord?

Luke 6:27-36.
    27*“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,*28*bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.*29*If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.*30*Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.*31*Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32*“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?*Even sinners love those who love them.*33*And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.*34*And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you?*Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.35*But love your enemies, do good to them,and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children*of the Most High,because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.*36*Be merciful,*just as your Father*is merciful.

Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29;639704[B
    ]Show me one passage in the new testament where Jesus explicitly mentioned infanticide or homosexuality.[/B]

Luke 6:27-36.
    27*“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,*28*bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.*29*If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.*30*Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.*31*Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32*“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?*Even sinners love those who love them.*33*And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.*34*And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you?*Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.35*But love your enemies, do good to them,and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children*of the Most High,because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.*36*Be merciful,*just as your Father*is merciful.

I assume by your statement that you are one of those who see the Old Testament being outdated and not relevant today.

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
    2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
    3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
    4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
    5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
    6 “You shall not murder.
    7 “You shall not commit adultery.
    8 “You shall not steal.
    9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them.
    "

Romans 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

If you will notice, these are direct quotations from the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. In case you have forgotten, the Bible prohibits murder (abortion is murder) and it speaks against homosexuality in both Testaments. The Bible is the Word of God, (you know God, the Father, God, the Son and, God, the Holy Spirit) all of it, as He dictated its writing through humans. Most Christians I know try daily to comply with the Scriptures you have mentioned, as a matter of course. Jesus, Himself, gave us a command which covers this explicity, John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." Loving one another doesn't mean we are to sit back and ignore the hideous sins being committed each day. If you want to help the sinner, you can't just tell him his sin and then ignore him afterward. You may not like the manner in which someone tries to help others but, if you aren't trying to help convert sinners yourself, don't complain about others doing so.

As Christians, we are charged with pointing out the sins of others in a manner where we show them the sin and where it is stated to be a sin. Here is a good article that should help one to help a sinner but doing it in a loving manner. https://www.gotquestions.org/Christi...Christian.html.

Hillary is a Federal Criminal and was not prosecuted because the FBI and DOJ were corrupt and colluded to protect her. We saw it with our own eyes, we spoke up, we demanded justice! We elected Donald Trump as president to be your voice and seek justice. Impossible for FBI and DOJ to prosecute Hillary without incriminating themselves. The only thing they can do is remove our voice (Trump)! Instead of prosecuting Hillary they are trying desperately to find anything to impeach President Trump.. this fiasco has been going on for year and a half, I know I am tired of it.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I assume by your statement that you are one of those who see the Old Testament being outdated and not relevant today.

As Christians, we are charged with pointing out the sins of others in a manner where we show them the sin and where it is stated to be a sin. Here is a good article that should help one to help a sinner but doing it in a loving manner. https://www.gotquestions.org/Christi...Christian.html.
    Yep, Jesus was always making reference to Old Testament Scripture. And, it’s LOVE that constrains Christians to be truthful and tell people that they are lost and headed for Hell if they don’t know Jesus Christ, not hate. Hate says nothing.
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post

Today and everyday, I'm a WATCHMAN. How about you?
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)

1“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
    2“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
    3“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
    4“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
    5“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
    6“You shall not murder.
    7“You shall not commit adultery.
    8“You shall not steal.
    9“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    10“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them.
    "

Romans 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

If you will notice, these are direct quotations from the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. In case you have forgotten, the Bible prohibits murder (abortion is murder) and it speaks against homosexuality in both Testaments. The Bible is the Word of God, (you know God, the Father, God, the Son and, God, the Holy Spirit) all of it, as He dictated its writing through humans. Most Christians I know try daily to comply with the Scriptures you have mentioned, as a matter of course. Jesus, Himself, gave us a command which covers this explicity, John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." Loving one another doesn't mean we are to sit back and ignore the hideous sins being committed each day. If you want to help the sinner, you can't just tell him his sin and then ignore him afterward. You may not like the manner in which someone tries to help others but, if you aren't trying to help convert sinners yourself, don't complain about others doing so.

I didn't say show me in the Bible where it speaks to those matters. I said show me where Jesus Christ spoke specifically to those items.

But since we're trading Bible verses. Lets talk about the passage in numbers where God & a priest specifically cause an unfaithful wife to abort her fetus.

Numbers 5:11-31*New International Version (NIV)

The Test for an Unfaithful Wife

11*Then the*Lord*said to Moses,*12*“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray*and is unfaithful to him*13*so that another man has sexual relations with her,and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act),*14*and if feelings of jealousy*come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure—*15*then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a]*of barley flour*on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy,*a reminder-offering*to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16*“‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the*Lord.*17*Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.18*After the priest has had the woman stand before the*Lord, he shall loosen her hair*and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy,*while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse.19*Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray*and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse*not harm you.*20*But if you have gone astray*while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”—*21*here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the*Lord*cause you to become a curse[b]*among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.*22*May this water*that brings a curse*enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

23*“‘The priest is to write these curses on a scroll*and then wash them off into the bitter water.*24*He shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering will enter her.*25*The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the*Lord*and bring it to the altar.*26*The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial[c]*offeringand burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water.*27*If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse.*28*If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

29*“‘This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray*and makes herself impure while married to her husband,*30*or when feelings of jealousy*come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the*Lord*and is to apply this entire law to her.*31*The husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the woman will bear the consequences*of her sin

Evangelical Christians have traded in their morality for a lust for power. Never let them pretend they have the moral high ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Yep, Jesus was always making reference to Old Testament Scripture. And, it’s LOVE that constrains Christians to be truthful and tell people that they are lost and headed for Hell if they don’t know Jesus Christ, not hate. Hate says nothing.
    You forget or selectively disregard passages like Matthew 23:23

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

I didn't say show me in the Bible where it speaks to those matters. I said show me where Jesus Christ spoke specifically to those items.

I would have assumed that you would have understood that it was God speaking, and it was God, in Three Persons, which included Jesus before his incarnate state. Therefore, Jesus was indeed speaking from His position in the Triune Godhead.

But since we're trading Bible verses. Lets talk about the passage in numbers where God & a priest specifically cause an unfaithful wife to abort her fetus.

I didn't realize that we were exchanging Bible verses but, since you say so, I'll go along with you, Go back and read Numbers 5 again. What you are quoting is the instructions that God spoke unto Moses. This chapter addressed, (a) Separation of Unclean Persons: "lepers, everyone that have an issue and whosoever is defiled by the dead." (b) Separation in Restitution for Sin: " v. 7, "Then they shall confess their sin which they have done and he shall recompense his trespass with the principal thereof, and add unto it the fifth part thereof, and give it unto him against whom he hath trespassed." (c) Separation from Suspected Infidelity. This is what God commanded in the case of adultery, or suspected adultery (the 7th Commandment). Seems harsh to us but we aren't God and have no say in what He commands. Remember, this was God's instruction only at this time. We don't know if it was ever carried out or not. I would assume so but can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    You forget or selectively disregard passages like Matthew 23:23

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
    Neither forgot nor was selectively disregarded. Was simply irrelevant. Your total ignorance and lack of comprehension of Scripture is a clear indication that any further level of communication with you pertaining to Scripture would be foolish.
    ~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~

knowledge of fiction is just that, fiction. There are people that know all that is in the Lord of the Rings books, Harry Potter books and many other works of fiction. All Irrelevant in the real world.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast