U.S. launches missile strikes in Syria - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: U.S. launches missile strikes in Syria

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    How much do you want to bet, Rocket Man, is going to think twice to butt heads with Trump.
    Wishful thinking . . .
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    If you had a basic load of common sense, you would see that his failure will be disastrous to the nation and cause the complete loss of freedoms we have enjoyed for all these years. Since you have professed to be a Communist, you have failed to understand what has happened to all the countries that have tried that experiment, and failed. Guess you are genuinely committed to the destruction of the country.
    I've never said I endorse communism. I do endorse social democracy a completely different political philosophy. Maybe you could go to your local library (a fine example of socialism in action), check out a book on the subject, and read it, you would be able to have an intelligent and informed conversation on the matter. As of now you're only displaying your ignorance. Thanks for the example.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

  4. #13
    Apparently campaign promises of “no unnecessary wars” don’t matter when you need a distraction from

    *Special Counsel investigation
    *Attorney being raided and SDNY having docs and tapes
    *Being sued by Stormy Daniels
    *Payoff investigations
    *Being a horrible President

    Wag The Dog

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Sean Woods View Post
    I listened to Gen. Mattis explain why the attack is supposedly legal. He didn't cite the AUMF. Neither did Trump. Mattis simply cited Article 2, claiming that the President has the authority under Article 2 to just "defend vital American interests", period, as if that means he can launch offensive wars whenever he feels it's in America's interests.

    Look, the AUMF (here, we're talking about the Al-Qaeda AUMF, not the Iraq AUMF...there were 2) justifies some things that you're talking about. ISIS is an off-shoot of Al-Qaeda, and so it's at least arguably justifiable under the AUMF to continue fighting ISIS until they and any other group that was involved in 9/11 is destroyed, including groups like Al-Qaeda that split off from the original group. But there's no rational excuse for using the AUMF to justify the attack on Syria.

    When you say "It's our fault", I mean, I agree that it's the fault of those people who refuse to stand up for the Constitution...the fault of people who make excuses for various Presidents' actions whenever they're happy with the President or the action. But speak for yourself here...it's not *my* fault. I'm not one of those people.

    Furthermore, this very President said an attack on Syria would require authorization of Congress back when he wasn't President. It's entirely on him that he decided to run for office on one stance, and then govern under an entirely different one. It's also entirely on the Republicans who voted for him in the primaries that they believed his nonsense. Personally, I admit to have voted for him in the general election, while holding my nose; but I didn't have much of a choice since the winner was going to be him or Hillary, and Hillary was equally dishonest...and even more disrespectful of the Constitution than Trump.
    Don't sell your self short. You are definitely one of those people. Unless you have proof to the contrary then you are as apathetic as anyone else. You're not different Woods.

    Congress says they want it and then never do it and you say it's lazy. I'll give you the lazy part because it's a given with those shiftless goobers but there's more. They don't want a vote because then they couldn't hide from the spotlight if they did, they could blab on a microphone all day about it, and best of all, they have no position on the issue per their non vote so no skin in the game and no consequences.

    This has been going on too long, just like the Patriot Act, and the only Congress dweller who has ever been a stalwart on getting a vote is Lee of CA. I don't agree with her politics but she is tight on this one. I've signed petitions on both acts over the last few years at Gun Shows but I never saw any results and I'll bet this thing finally gets done because of midterms and no other valid reason like....the Constitution.

    Trump is all over the map on 2A, overseas interventions, budgets, and immigration. He's no guiltier than the two previous guys and nothing would be different if "the candidate" had been elected. He's damned if he did and damned if he doesn't so he just got two allies to go all in and did it.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    Don't sell your self short. You are definitely one of those people. Unless you have proof to the contrary then you are as apathetic as anyone else. You're not different Woods.

    Congress says they want it and then never do it and you say it's lazy. I'll give you the lazy part because it's a given with those shiftless goobers but there's more. They don't want a vote because then they couldn't hide from the spotlight if they did, they could blab on a microphone all day about it, and best of all, they have no position on the issue per their non vote so no skin in the game and no consequences.

    This has been going on too long, just like the Patriot Act, and the only Congress dweller who has ever been a stalwart on getting a vote is Lee of CA. I don't agree with her politics but she is tight on this one. I've signed petitions on both acts over the last few years at Gun Shows but I never saw any results and I'll bet this thing finally gets done because of midterms and no other valid reason like....the Constitution.

    Trump is all over the map on 2A, overseas interventions, budgets, and immigration. He's no guiltier than the two previous guys and nothing would be different if "the candidate" had been elected. He's damned if he did and damned if he doesn't so he just got two allies to go all in and did it.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app
    U.S. launches missile strikes in Syria-527bfc396e26e4f619edd75a0ab62554.jpg

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,953
    I've heard two different stories about the missile strikes. The one story that's all over the news, and another story from reliable sources in ISRAEL stating that all targets were empty buildings and the mission accomplished nothing. All was for show. Seriously, we never know what to believe anymore.
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to HELL!
    (Galatians 1:8)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    Don't sell your self short. You are definitely one of those people. Unless you have proof to the contrary then you are as apathetic as anyone else. You're not different Woods.
    90% of the people out there do nothing at all on these issues. I spend more time than I should writing my congressman/senator, posting wherever I can to convince fellow voters/social-media-posters, and trying to reach pundits by email, phone, and social media to convince others to support the Constitution; in my probably-futile attempts to change the narrative. This might be pointless, but it's not apathy. It's everything I know I can do. I'd love to have a more effective way to spend my time getting it done, because I do often feel like my time is wasted. But apathetic? Apathy is people who don't care, who don't even try. That's offensive.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I've heard two different stories about the missile strikes. The one story that's all over the news, and another story from reliable sources in ISRAEL stating that all targets were empty buildings and the mission accomplished nothing. All was for show. Seriously, we never know what to believe anymore.
    We have a pathological liar (proven repeatedly) in office, and media controlled by powerful men, (Rupert Murdoch) with a permeate lip lock on Trumps anus and sucking as hard as they can.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Sean Woods View Post
    90% of the people out there do nothing at all on these issues. I spend more time than I should writing my congressman/senator, posting wherever I can to convince fellow voters/social-media-posters, and trying to reach pundits by email, phone, and social media to convince others to support the Constitution; in my probably-futile attempts to change the narrative. This might be pointless, but it's not apathy. It's everything I know I can do. I'd love to have a more effective way to spend my time getting it done, because I do often feel like my time is wasted. But apathetic? Apathy is people who don't care, who don't even try. That's offensive.
    I have written our Congressperson at least a dozen times on local and national issues and I've gotten nothing back a few times and form letters signed by them that were obviously written by a staffer on a few others occasions. My wife cornered them at a social event and they said they were running late and left a staffer to provide excuses on a local schools issue. They are robotic and completely in automatic unless you are a major donor and anybody else is just chum. I know what you're saying and we're just salmon swimming upstream and dodging the bears.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

  11. Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    I've never said I endorse communism. I do endorse social democracy a completely different political philosophy. Maybe you could go to your local library (a fine example of socialism in action), check out a book on the subject, and read it, you would be able to have an intelligent and informed conversation on the matter. As of now you're only displaying your ignorance. Thanks for the example.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    IMHO communism means government owns everything , social democracy means government controls everything .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast