U.S. launches missile strikes in Syria
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: U.S. launches missile strikes in Syria

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,767

    U.S. launches missile strikes in Syria

    Tonight that attack, aided by both France and the UK, was carried out with stunning efficiency.

    America's Epitaph
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Over To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

  2.   
  3. #2
    How much do you want to bet, Rocket Man, is going to think twice to butt heads with Trump.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  4. #3
    Nice distraction from the fact that his presidency is falling apart.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Tonight that attack, aided by both France and the UK, was carried out with stunning efficiency
    Stunning, unconstitutional efficiency

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Nice distraction from the fact that his presidency is falling apart.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    If you had a basic load of common sense, you would see that his failure will be disastrous to the nation and cause the complete loss of freedoms we have enjoyed for all these years. Since you have professed to be a Communist, you have failed to understand what has happened to all the countries that have tried that experiment, and failed. Guess you are genuinely committed to the destruction of the country.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Woods View Post
    Stunning, unconstitutional efficiency
    If the strike was unconstitutional, why didn't our do-nothing Congress stop it? Everybody up there wants to sit on their backside, do nothing, and blame Trump for everything. He is the only one up there who has the testicles to do the hard things the job calls for. For all the failures he is being accused of, he is the best thing to happen to the country in a long while. I hear and see a lot of complaints but those complaining aren't doing anything to help. Putin, N. Korea, and China at least know that Trump is no pushover.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Sean Woods View Post
    Stunning, unconstitutional efficiency
    The AUMF has been used nearly 40 times, in 14 different countries, by 3 different Presidents now. There comes a point where it's no longer their fault, because they'll do as much as we allow them to do, but ours. It's our fault and no one else's. The same with the Patriot Act.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    If the strike was unconstitutional, why didn't our do-nothing Congress stop it?
    1) their only option to "stop it" is to impeach.
    2) some in Congress would rather the President do things like this without them having to do hard work...like...voting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    He is the only one up there who has the testicles to do the hard things the job calls for.
    A President who "has the testicles" to violate the Constitution (separation of powers) is not a good thing. The job does not call for it. In fact, it specifically calls for a President to have the testicles to refrain from violating the Constitution...it's in his oath of office.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    The AUMF has been used nearly 40 times, in 14 different countries, by 3 different Presidents now. There comes a point where it's no longer their fault, because they'll do as much as we allow them to do, but ours. It's our fault and no one else's. The same with the Patriot Act.
    I listened to Gen. Mattis explain why the attack is supposedly legal. He didn't cite the AUMF. Neither did Trump. Mattis simply cited Article 2, claiming that the President has the authority under Article 2 to just "defend vital American interests", period, as if that means he can launch offensive wars whenever he feels it's in America's interests.

    Look, the AUMF (here, we're talking about the Al-Qaeda AUMF, not the Iraq AUMF...there were 2) justifies some things that you're talking about. ISIS is an off-shoot of Al-Qaeda, and so it's at least arguably justifiable under the AUMF to continue fighting ISIS until they and any other group that was involved in 9/11 is destroyed, including groups like Al-Qaeda that split off from the original group. But there's no rational excuse for using the AUMF to justify the attack on Syria.

    When you say "It's our fault", I mean, I agree that it's the fault of those people who refuse to stand up for the Constitution...the fault of people who make excuses for various Presidents' actions whenever they're happy with the President or the action. But speak for yourself here...it's not *my* fault. I'm not one of those people.

    Furthermore, this very President said an attack on Syria would require authorization of Congress back when he wasn't President. It's entirely on him that he decided to run for office on one stance, and then govern under an entirely different one. It's also entirely on the Republicans who voted for him in the primaries that they believed his nonsense. Personally, I admit to have voted for him in the general election, while holding my nose; but I didn't have much of a choice since the winner was going to be him or Hillary, and Hillary was equally dishonest...and even more disrespectful of the Constitution than Trump.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Nice distraction from the fact that his presidency is falling apart.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app


    +1
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast