RIP Art Bell

Thread: RIP Art Bell

1. RIP Art Bell

For those that knew of Art Bell or followed him late nights/very early mornings all these years, he passed yesterday on Friday the 13thRIP Art BellRIP Art BellRIP Art Bell. I lost touch with the show in the mid 2000's but I worked late shifts often in my life and Art was on many radios in the middle of night for shift workers, insomniacs, travelers, and truckers and anyone else spinning the dial late nights. He was what entertainment on radio sounded like in the middle of a long night and his broadcasts from his high desert "compound" were comfort food for millions of Americans. RIP Art.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

3. Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    For those that knew of Art Bell or followed him late nights/very early mornings all these years, he passed yesterday on Friday the 13thRIP Art BellRIP Art BellRIP Art Bell. I lost touch with the show in the mid 2000's but I worked late shifts often in my life and Art was on many radios in the middle of night for shift workers, insomniacs, travelers, and truckers and anyone else spinning the dial late nights. He was what entertainment on radio sounded like in the middle of a long night and his broadcasts from his high desert "compound" were comfort food for millions of Americans. RIP Art.

I loved listening to his show, but I hate to admit it because I hate conspiracy theorism and he was very much about that. I never got the impression that he took any of it seriously...just...he humored the nuts - let them say what they had to say and left it to the listener to judge. Still, he gave platform to a lot of very non-serious (I don't think even they believed their claims) people for the sake of entertainment. And it was entertaining. So kudos, and RIP.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sean Woods View Post
    I loved listening to his show, but I hate to admit it because I hate conspiracy theorism and he was very much about that. I never got the impression that he took any of it seriously...just...he humored the nuts - let them say what they had to say and left it to the listener to judge. Still, he gave platform to a lot of very non-serious (I don't think even they believed their claims) people for the sake of entertainment. And it was entertaining. So kudos, and RIP.
    I had heard Art discuss most anything other worldly and even an occasional politics discussion and I guess the moment you discuss the paranormal it gets to the point of conspiracy theory. I was always entertained by Art and his radio show was like having the X Files in your car and at one point in the late 90's he was syndicated on over 500 stations throughout the US and Canada. Actually the best part of his show besides his own take on things was the absolute train wreck callers and the occasional guest that represented some 3 (and 4) letter agency from their past. He lived an interesting life.