Million Gunowner March Alternative

Thread: Million Gunowner March Alternative

1. Million Gunowner March Alternative

In case you haven't heard, Ted Nugent and another fellow are putting together a Million Gunowner March for 2010 in Washington, DC.. I applaud this idea, but I know many people are in my position, unable financially or physically to go to the nation's capitol. An idea I mentioned before is a demonstration in the capitol city of each state, either before Mr. Nugent's march or in conjunction with it. Now, I live in Washington state, and I saw someone mention having a demonstration in Seattle. True, Seattle is a large city, but the governor's office and the state legislature is in Olympia. California has the same situation, the largest city is Los Angeles, but the capitol is Sacremento. This situation exists in several states. Any demonstration for 2A rights has to be in the capitol, so as to speak directly to the legislators that will make the laws, as well as the state politicians who enforce the current laws. If anyone is interested in organizing a march in Olympia, please feel free to contact me if you live in Washington state. I would recommend a committee form in each state to coordinate these demonstrations.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Hey can you post a link for that? I want to spread it around...

4. I like it!

Shalom all!

I'm probably out for the Washington thing also but I like the idea of simultaneous gatherings in @ state capital. I'm sure GCO (GeorgiaCarry.Org) would enthusiastically participate here as well as other similar state org's.

Let's get this (2nd ammendment, matter of life, death and freedom, mandatory to honor the millions who have fought for it and died...) "party" started... if it hasn't already!

GeorgiaCarry.Org member

Web7

DevinsintheArmy.com

5. Million Gunowner March

The information on Ted Nugent and his partner starting to put together this March on Washigton, DC was in a newsletter from uscca.com. I will see if I can post a link, as it has a website which will be active after Friday. I just want to know if we can get something going and form committees in each state with people who can do websites, act as spokemen, figure out how to fund such a project, etc. Our service men and women have fought and died for over 200 years to preserve the Second Amendment, and I for one do not want to see ANYONE spit on their graves by trying to take away that right.

Before I jump into today's Ammo-Saving tip, I want to bring you in the loop on something that I'm REALLY excited about. A couple guys who you may or may not have heard of before are hard at work on it as we speak... Skip Coryell and Ted Nugent. Oh- you have heard of Mr. Nugent, you say?

Well, you're probably wondering right about now, "what is ole' Uncle Ted working on?" Well... it's gunna be huge. You've probably heard of the million-mom march... well, this is something about a billion times better- a Million Gun Owner March, on Washington D.C. It's roughly slated for the Spring of 2010.

This idea is YOUNG right now- in fact, it's so young that I'm about to give you a URL to a website that isn't even active yet.

But it will be after Friday:

http://milliongunownermarch.com/

Remember- the site is still under construction, but I'll shoot you another email when it's up and ready. Guys, I am VERY excited about this. This will be our chance to stand up PEACEFULLY and be heard. We will be able to show the world that American Gun owners are organized, peaceful, proud, dedicated citizens who only want their rights to be left alone.
    Last edited by wuzfuz; 02-04-2009 at 09:23 AM.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

How about defending the entire Constitution? Planning is on right now for the march in D.C. on Memorial Day week-end, May 30th of this year. It's called "We the People", and before some of you go calling it a "radical whacko event," what is different between ResistNet and Ted Nugent? A group of patriots or a rock star?

I'm all for the Million Gun Owners march, and I'll be there if it happens. I like Ted, and he's one hell of a patriot. I'm glad that it's in 2010 so that it won't compete with the "We the People" event this year. But y'all can get behind what's happening now. Obama just moved into the White House, and he's already breaking his own rules (4 nominations of people against his own previously stated policies), and we have to start making noise now. Really want to wait till 2010?
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    How about defending the entire Constitution? Planning is on right now for the march in D.C. on Memorial Day week-end, May 30th of this year. It's called "We the People", and before some of you go calling it a "radical whacko event," what is different between ResistNet and Ted Nugent? A group of patriots or a rock star?

I'm all for the Million Gun Owners march, and I'll be there if it happens. I like Ted, and he's one hell of a patriot. I'm glad that it's in 2010 so that it won't compete with the "We the People" event this year. But y'all can get behind what's happening now. Obama just moved into the White House, and he's already breaking his own rules (4 nominations of people against his own previously stated policies), and we have to start making noise now. Really want to wait till 2010?
    That's what I'm screamin!!! Why not start now and attend both?? We will be labeled as "radical whackos" by the left anyway. Those attending these marches need to expect it... they (the lefties) won't let you down. We will be insulted and possibly even assaulted on these marches by left wing "whackos" that hate traditional American values. We need to maintain our dignity and ignore the jeers and sneers we will undoubtedly endure on these marches.

Thumbs up MCRGO News Release

I have to agree that 2010 is a ways out, Still we have to be proactive. A MCRGO Newsletter E-Mail came in this evening...

Wednesday, February 4, 2009
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Michigan Takes Lead in Organizing National Gun Rights Rally

The Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners (www.mcrgo.org), the largest state-based firearms advocacy group in America, is laying the groundwork for a national rally in Washington D.C. next spring. The Million Gun Owner March will demonstrate broad national support for the recognition--and preservation--of the Second Amendment.

"In the wake of last spring's D.C. vs. Heller U.S. Supreme Court decision which protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use and the renewed importance placed on the issue of gun rights across the country, the time is ideal for this historic gathering of gun owners at our national and state capitols," stated State Senator Alan Cropsey (R-DeWitt), a member of the MCRGO Board of Directors.

"Our lawmakers need to understand that America's gun owners come from all races, genders, political viewpoints and economic backgrounds," added Chuck Perricone, MCRGO's Executive Director.

The Million Gun Owner March is the brainchild of Michigan based author and Second Amendment advocate, Skip Coryell (White Feather Press, LLC). Mr. Coryell recognized the need to speak up after receiving an e-mail from a distraught woman in Belgium who related the story of a knife attack at a daycare facility in that country following a draconian gun ban that left staff helpless. Many gun owners have expressed fears in recent months that legislation to restrict access to firearms for personal defense may soon be introduced in Congress and state legislatures.

"This is the beginning of a period of historic change in our nation's history and it is no time for the timid. This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted. We want our children to inherit the same freedom our forefathers know. Freedom has to be protected or it will fail. We are at a crossroads. The time to act is now," explained Mr. Coryell.

Rock-n-roll legend and Second Amendment activist Ted Nugent reinforced MCRGO's efforts by adding his enthusiastic support for the march: "A Million Gun Owner March on Washington DC in the Spring of 2010 is indeed building much steam across the hinterland. All pro-Second amendment groups must be on board and perfectly coordinated. I would be proud to rally, promote, lead and speak to whatever degree the people so honor me with."

MCRGO is building partnerships with a variety of organizations around the country to plan the Million Gun Owner March in Washington for the spring of 2010. The day long rally will occur simultaneously with events at state capitols all over the United States and in many local communities. People interested in receiving more information about the event and volunteering to be a local organizer can register at www.milliongunownermarch.com beginning Friday, February 6, 2009. Questions regarding the event can be directed to Skip Coryell at [email protected].

"Michigan is enthusiastic about taking the lead role in organizing this march," said State Representative Joel Sheltrown (D-West Branch), the First Vice Chair of MCRGO. "We have already seen an outpouring of community interest and support for this effort from churches to union halls in every corner of our state. I encourage Michigan gun owners to help make history by offering their help for the Million Gun Owner March."
    Semper Fi

Glock, looks like we're pissing into the wind here. With an anti-gun government rapidly building strength, who wants to wait till Spring 2010 to let them know we're mad? But it seems like no one is interested in the entire Constitution, only the 2nd Amendment part.

People, there is a march being organized RIGHT NOW for May of THIS YEAR! A little over 3 months away. And there is a committee organizing around the 2nd Amendment part of this march. True, it isn't "just about guns," but the entire Constitution.

Ricbak, you say, "I have to agree that 2010 is a ways out, Still we have to be proactive." And you are absolutely right! Being proactive is taking the bull by the horns now. And then AGAIN in 2010.

Please stop ignoring this "We the People" march on Memorial Day week-end. If you claim to support our COnstitutional rights and want to do something about it, get involved now, and be in D.C. at the end of May. Ted Nugent will still be around next year.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Maybe not... I know Pistol Pete is onboard with Resistnet so he's a shoe in for the May 30 march. I think it's just going to take a little more time. I get bombarded with emails from Resistnet of people signing on to the 2A committee and the DC march so I think it's gaining steam slowly but surely.

Folks you don't have to sign up to Resistnet to attend the march, just show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    ~~True, it isn't "just about guns," but the entire Constitution.
    Agreed.. I don't want to be an Alarmist, but we have had our rights picked at for years... Time to take a stand...

~ Being proactive is taking the bull by the horns now. And then AGAIN in 2010.

Please stop ignoring this "We the People" march on Memorial Day week-end. If you claim to support our COnstitutional rights and want to do something about it, get involved now, and be in D.C. at the end of May. Ted Nugent will still be around next year.
    I did sign on to "Resistnet " yesterday. Then did a short e-mail with a web link for Resistent to a couple dozen people. I'm sure we can multi-task, but this May has to take priority.
    Semper Fi