What If...??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What If...??

1. What If...??

In line with a previous posting about what to do if Big Brother tries to confiscate our guns... are there any laws preventing us from selling our guns to other private citizens prior to any confiscation, over the age of 21 of course and not otherwise prevented by law from owning guns?
    Last edited by Tea For One; 02-04-2009 at 12:49 PM.

I'll buy yours and you buy mine... if anyone asks... that's how it all happened. I bought yours, then sold them of course... and you bought mine.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I have nothing to sell.....mine were all lost in a tragic boating accident.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

What guns?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

6. Mine were abducted by aliens.

wolfhunter Guest
    I sold all of mine to a guy whose name I found on ACORN's voter rolls.

Guns? What guns? I ain't got no guns! I don' need to show you no steenkin' guns!

There are no records of any guns I purchased, and by the time they (try to) make it mandatory to register every gun, I won't have any to register.
    -= Piece Corps =-

What are guns?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

10. Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    I have nothing to sell.....mine were all lost in a tragic boating accident.
    I appreciate your comments. But seriously folks, what about handguns or rifles purchased in the last few years where one had to fill out an ATF 4473 form? Thet ATF would have records of those purchases, would they not?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    I appreciate your comments. But seriously folks, what about handguns or rifles purchased in the last few years where one had to fill out an ATF 4473 form? Thet ATF would have records of those purchases, would they not?
    It depends on what state you're in. Most states in the USA still allow private tranfer of firearms from one person to another without the involvement of a police agency or an FFL dealer. Some states require handgun registration and transfer through a specified record-keeping entity. For example CA requires private sales to go through a dealer who holds the firearm for the 10 day waiting period. In AZ you can meet a person in a parking, take the money, and hand over the gun never to see each other again. NV is the same as AZ except in Clark County where you're supposed to transfer at the police department so they can register the handgun and issue their precious butt-wipe known as the 'blue card.' Of course, if you move out of Clark County or sell to someone outside the county the last blue card stays on file and the registration becomes meaningless.

IOW--check your state / local laws.

I apologize to the forum at large for actually answering a posted question...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast