Keeping our school children safe. - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 95

Thread: Keeping our school children safe.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cobbs Creek, VA
    Posts
    15,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Licensed_2Carry View Post
    That was actually put into effect by the sheriff of Parkland, not Obama. If Obama put that into effect it would be practiced in all schools in all cities.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry mobile app
    When I said Obama I should have started with Holder and the Dept. of Education, they put out the regulation I talked about and that school in Florida started using it. Look it up and you'll see, it was talked about for a while after the shooting.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cobbs Creek, VA
    Posts
    15,458
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    Once the FED is involved there is no chance of them dialing back, so I am opposed to that solution.

    I am a strong supporter of localities proving funding based upon the size of school and need given the particular area.




    Zero tolerance in and of itself would have its own consequences.

    From elementary to high school I have been in my fair shair of scuffles. To this day, I am closer to the guys I fought than I am with anyone else. We each held our own then, and we hold our own now. A few have started businesses, others joined military, others work regular jobs. For the most part most of us ended up more than just fine.

    You can’t change basic instincts. Boys fight, girls play with dolls and shop for makeup.

    This day of blending genders, and ZERO tolerance this and ZERO tolerance that, is BS and the cause of many of the problems. They can’t let kids be kids, learn how to cope or stand for themselves. Not even a lemonade stand anymore without “authority” stepping in.

    There may be rogue individuals here and there which has happened for thousands of years. That is why we have the right to defend ourselves. That is what enables us to learn to cope with circumstances, however unfortunate it may be.

    There is no 100% fix to anything. But when one attempts to legislate morality or change human instinct which is necessary for life and survival, it only compounds and makes things worse.

    No wonder so many kids are being “diagnosed” today. They can’t be kids anymore. And until parents figure that out and stop supporting BS legislation and start acting responsibly themselves...I will never support even temporary stop-gap measures that will only perpetuate the problem leaving parents off the hook while empowering the police state.

    Sh|t or get off the pot. Tough love works wonders.

    BIKENUT +1000
    That's part of the problem with a bunch of parents and kids today, for the last 30 years the parents wanted to be their friends and don't take responsibility of being a parent first.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  4. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    That's part of the problem with a bunch of parents and kids today, for the last 30 years the parents wanted to be their friends and don't take responsibility of being a parent first.
    Oh I definitely agree with that OPS +100

    Which reinforces my above response. We gotta get back to the basics and the root cause, not bandaid after bandaid. That first bandaid is what got us where we are today.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    Once the FED is involved there is no chance of them dialing back, so I am opposed to that solution.

    I am a strong supporter of localities proving funding based upon the size of school and need given the particular area.




    Zero tolerance in and of itself would have its own consequences.

    From elementary to high school I have been in my fair shair of scuffles. To this day, I am closer to the guys I fought than I am with anyone else. We each held our own then, and we hold our own now. A few have started businesses, others joined military, others work regular jobs. For the most part most of us ended up more than just fine.

    You can’t change basic instincts. Boys fight, girls play with dolls and shop for makeup.

    This day of blending genders, and ZERO tolerance this and ZERO tolerance that, is BS and the cause of many of the problems. They can’t let kids be kids, learn how to cope or stand for themselves. Not even a lemonade stand anymore without “authority” stepping in.

    There may be rogue individuals here and there which has happened for thousands of years. That is why we have the right to defend ourselves. That is what enables us to learn to cope with circumstances, however unfortunate it may be.

    There is no 100% fix to anything. But when one attempts to legislate morality or change human instinct which is necessary for life and survival, it only compounds and makes things worse.

    No wonder so many kids are being “diagnosed” today. They can’t be kids anymore. And until parents figure that out and stop supporting BS legislation and start acting responsibly themselves...I will never support even temporary stop-gap measures that will only perpetuate the problem leaving parents off the hook while empowering the police state.

    Sh|t or get off the pot. Tough love works wonders.

    BIKENUT +1000
    You're living in the past. These kids don't beef with each other like we used to do and it's totally different now including parents that even dare to discipline their kids. A guy at my work had CPS called on him for having his kid mow lawns for family all weekend because he got caught egging cars. You must be joking.

    You're for tough love AND against zero tolerance. I don't even know how that works. My kids had rules and if they broke them then they knew they were going to be disciplined. Period. End of discussion.

    I've read your post 5 times and have no idea what you're saying in terms of real solutions other than jawing about buzzwords and catch phrases. You literally had no ideas other than a short biology lesson, a legislation point which had no point, and a lecture about responsibility and morality. I would hate to have to face a challenge or problem with you and look for an action plan other than do what you say.

    Your points have little basis in current realities or the way things are. The way things should be or the way they used to be is great storytime stuff but it's not getting a damn thing done. Feel free to call me a whippersnapper nowKeeping our school children safe.Keeping our school children safe..



    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

  6. You are absolutely correct and I have been saying it for years now. Put either a retired police officer or a military veteran. Also depending on how big the school is and how it is laid out will tell how many armed retired police officers and/or military veterans you will need.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry mobile app

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by elongobardi View Post
    You are absolutely correct and I have been saying it for years now. Put either a retired police officer or a military veteran. Also depending on how big the school is and how it is laid out will tell how many armed retired police officers and/or military veterans you will need.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry mobile app
    Santa Fe High School had several School Resource Officers on-site. Still didn't stop 8 students and 2 teachers from dying and 10 others from being severly injured.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cobbs Creek, VA
    Posts
    15,458
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Santa Fe High School had several School Resource Officers on-site. Still didn't stop 8 students and 2 teachers from dying and 10 others from being severly injured.
    You may be right, but get real, did you see how big that school was, too many ways to access that school if you know its layout. Those three offices can’t be everywhere. Having a single access point in and out of the school with a security officer there would go far in stopping school shootings.
    .
    Just remember the school teachers for the most part nationwide are the real first responders to any school problem and with that, they should be allowed to volunteer to have a CCW with correct training.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    You may be right, but get real, did you see how big that school was, too many ways to access that school if you know its layout. Those three offices can’t be everywhere. Having a single access point in and out of the school with a security officer there would go far in stopping school shootings.
    .
    Just remember the school teachers for the most part nationwide are the real first responders to any school problem and with that, they should be allowed to volunteer to have a CCW with correct training.
    Teachers are not soldiers and schools should not be prisons. However, if you pass laws that send parents to prison when their children misuse their fire arms would go a long way to keeping them properly stored.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

  10. OPS,

    Bikenut nailed it with this response:

    I gave the practical solution to mass shootings and school shootings. Shoot back! That is the PRACTICAL solution that has nothing to do with politics but everything to do with solving the problem. Because nothing will stop those intent on shooting others until they get shot themselves.

    You nailed it with this:

    Just remember the school teachers for the most part nationwide are the real first responders to any school problem and with that, they should be allowed to volunteer to have a CCW with correct training.

    With the way LEO are trained today and how this country has been spiraling down, I have little to no trust in those or its ‘solutions’.

    Teachers in this case are the first line of defense. There is one in every classroom. There would be no need for additional employees at an additional expense.

    Not only is this solution sound and economical, perhaps by empowering teachers to carry, students today would realize what our Rights really mean instead of praying up to authoritative figures.
    .
    .
    CCW (permission)? You’re still on that kick?

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cobbs Creek, VA
    Posts
    15,458
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Teachers are not soldiers and schools should not be prisons. However, if you pass laws that send parents to prison when their children misuse their fire arms would go a long way to keeping them properly stored.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    Question, would you rather your child have a teacher that could defend them or a teacher that just huddles in the corner hoping the bad guy won't shoot them. Like I said, with the correct training and them volunteering to do it, they are the first responder's to crimes like this, because a whole lot of bad things can happen in the 15 minutes, if that, that it will take for the police to get there. Even if there's a security officer in the school, they can't be every where all the time, we're talking at least 8 minutes for them to get to the shooting's. Also, the gun's this POS got were properly stored in a locked safe, the parents were just wrong to allow him access to it.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast