Keeping our school children safe. - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 95

Thread: Keeping our school children safe.

  1. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Question, would you rather your child have a teacher that could defend them or a teacher that just huddles in the corner hoping the bad guy won't shoot them. Like I said, with the correct training and them volunteering to do it, they are the first responder's to crimes like this, because a whole lot of bad things can happen in the 15 minutes, if that, that it will take for the police to get there. Even if there's a security officer in the school, they can't be every where all the time, we're talking at least 8 minutes for them to get to the shooting's. Also, the gun's this POS got were properly stored in a locked safe, the parents were just wrong to allow him access to it.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 100% of the teachers that have faced down one of these bastards would have given everything they own to have a level playing field and the ability to singlehandedly save themselves and their kids in those moments. Unfortunately, you'll never hear that in the media from the survivors because it's contrary to the media narrative and the murdered have no voice.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cobbs Creek, VA
    Posts
    16,084
    Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 100% of the teachers that have faced down one of these bastards would have given everything they own to have a level playing field and the ability to singlehandedly save themselves and their kids in those moments. Unfortunately, you'll never hear that in the media from the survivors because it's contrary to the media narrative and the murdered have no voice.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app
    I always wonder why S&W29 & XD are on a pro-gun web site, with the way they talk this anti-gun BS.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    I always wonder why S&W29 & XD are on a pro-gun web site, with the way they talk this anti-gun BS.
    Please show me where I have posted an anti-gun post? As you so frequently challenge others, it put up or shut up time.

    OBTW, not being a Trump boot licker does not mean anyone is anti-gun. Freedom goes much further than just being able to own/carry guns.

    And what pray tell does your comment have to do with the topic of this thread? Is it the best comeback to Tex you could come up with at the moment?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 100% of the teachers that have faced down one of these bastards would have given everything they own to have a level playing field and the ability to singlehandedly save themselves and their kids in those moments. Unfortunately, you'll never hear that in the media from the survivors because it's contrary to the media narrative and the murdered have no voice.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app
    Teachers have shielded students with their body. If they will do that, then clearly they would shot back.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  6. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Please show me where I have posted an anti-gun post? As you so frequently challenge others, it put up or shut up time.

    OBTW, not being a Trump boot licker does not mean anyone is anti-gun. Freedom goes much further than just being able to own/carry guns.

    And what pray tell does your comment have to do with the topic of this thread? Is it the best comeback to Tex you could come up with at the moment?
    For the sake of objectivity and fairness, S&W and XD both seem to support 2A freedoms in their own way even though it's on a continuum that's different than my own. I see S&W sometimes warn us about we better get a handle on firearms in America or else someone's going to do it for us but I'm not sure if that's a position as much as it is a liberal warning. I don't see them as hard over anti gunners and I don't agree with XD on much but he specifically seems pretty tuned in to the dangers of creeping gun control into our 2A freedoms.


    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    For the sake of objectivity and fairness, S&W and XD both seem to support 2A freedoms in their own way even though it's on a continuum that's different than my own. I see S&W sometimes warn us about we better get a handle on firearms in America or else someone's going to do it for us but I'm not sure if that's a position as much as it is a liberal warning. I don't see them as hard over anti gunners and I don't agree with XD on much but he specifically seems pretty tuned in to the dangers of creeping gun control into our 2A freedoms.


    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app
    Thank you Tex. You're the first person on this board to understand my warning...although I have not explicitly stated it as such. My overall point in this discussion is that real, comprehensive legislative solutions and reforms need to come from the 2A crowd or the solutions will be imposed. That is the growing political reality. What are those solutions? IMHO Universal Background checks, a push for funding for mental health record integration with NICS, bumpstock bans (imo they're just a dangerous gimmick and serve no purpose), DV conviction weapons confiscation (a wife or husband beater has no business with a firearm). Finally because the anti-gun people are getting a lot of what they want, we should push for full cc reciprocity, NFA silencer and short barrel rifle and shotgun bans lifted.

    But those are just a few ideas.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

  8. Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Thank you Tex. You're the first person on this board to understand my warning...although I have not explicitly stated it as such. My overall point in this discussion is that real, comprehensive legislative solutions and reforms need to come from the 2A crowd or the solutions will be imposed. That is the growing political reality. What are those solutions? IMHO Universal Background checks, a push for funding for mental health record integration with NICS, bumpstock bans (imo they're just a dangerous gimmick and serve no purpose), DV conviction weapons confiscation (a wife or husband beater has no business with a firearm). Finally because the anti-gun people are getting a lot of what they want, we should push for full cc reciprocity, NFA silencer and short barrel rifle and shotgun bans lifted.

    But those are just a few ideas.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app
    I understand what you're saying and I disagree with some of it. The DV laws they're trying to pass are less DV checks for past offenses than they are confiscation orders because someone makes a complaint against you and they are basing these state bills on the Oregon law. These accusation only based actions are against the rules of law and I oppose them. Unless there is overwhelming evidence to support a claim of future violence then confiscation ahead of due process is a Trojan horse.

    I am ok with mental health checks as long as it's not used for a lifetime ban against a person who had a mental health issue which is resolved. It's a health issue and they shouldn't be treated like a pariah for having suffered from and eventually overcoming a mental health issue. Many mental health issues are not chronic or debilitating if treated correctly.

    I am completely against national CC reciprocity as currently written as a component of commerce law and we all should be. I think silencers should be OK for use automatically as a safety measure and I myself would only use a silenced gun in my home for HD to protect my hearing in the event of a crime intervention (home invasion, burglary etc...) but I wear double hearing protection at the range and wouldn't waste the money on a silencer except for my HD pieces.

    I don't know why any SBR or shotgun bans are in place and there's no good reason for it. This last shooter used a shotgun and a revolver from what I've read and it's tamped down any media hysteria over "large capacity magazines", "weapons of war", and outrageous claims about rates of fire for AR platforms. This last one might have been preventable had the Dad had his firearms in a safe (I and everyone I know does) and if the school had adequate perimeter access rules and an engagement plan in place.

    I do not believe that anti gunners are for "common sense" gun control, whatever that is. They have no stopping point and their ultimate goal has been stated too many times by too many of their sycophants. Recent examples are retired Justice John Paul Stevens, Senator Feinstein, and that sorry excuse for a CongressCritter Eric Swalwell. They're in it to destroy a Constitutional freedom, pure and simple.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    I understand what you're saying and I disagree with some of it. The DV laws they're trying to pass are less DV checks for past offenses than they are confiscation orders because someone makes a complaint against you and they are basing these state bills on the Oregon law. These accusation only based actions are against the rules of law and I oppose them. Unless there is overwhelming evidence to support a claim of future violence then confiscation ahead of due process is a Trojan horse.

    I am ok with mental health checks as long as it's not used for a lifetime ban against a person who had a mental health issue which is resolved. It's a health issue and they shouldn't be treated like a pariah for having suffered from and eventually overcoming a mental health issue. Many mental health issues are not chronic or debilitating if treated correctly.

    I am completely against national CC reciprocity as currently written as a component of commerce law and we all should be. I think silencers should be OK for use automatically as a safety measure and I myself would only use a silenced gun in my home for HD to protect my hearing in the event of a crime intervention (home invasion, burglary etc...) but I wear double hearing protection at the range and wouldn't waste the money on a silencer except for my HD pieces.

    I don't know why any SBR or shotgun bans are in place and there's no good reason for it. This last shooter used a shotgun and a revolver from what I've read and it's tamped down any media hysteria over "large capacity magazines", "weapons of war", and outrageous claims about rates of fire for AR platforms. This last one might have been preventable had the Dad had his firearms in a safe (I and everyone I know does) and if the school had adequate perimeter access rules and an engagement plan in place.

    I do not believe that anti gunners are for "common sense" gun control, whatever that is. They have no stopping point and their ultimate goal has been stated too many times by too many of their sycophants. Recent examples are retired Justice John Paul Stevens, Senator Feinstein, and that sorry excuse for a CongressCritter Eric Swalwell. They're in it to destroy a Constitutional freedom, pure and simple.

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app
    I would counter that my proposal is a better starting point than you'll find from most on the left.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    I would counter that my proposal is a better starting point than you'll find from most on the left.
    I would acknowledge that you're right but better than "most on the left" is a low barKeeping our school children safe.Keeping our school children safe..

    Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    9,781
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...There Will Not Be Another Generation

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast