Anti-gun Eric Holder Sworn In As Attorney General - See who stabbed you in the back
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-gun Eric Holder Sworn In As Attorney General - See who stabbed you in the back

Anti-gun Eric Holder Sworn In As Attorney General - See who stabbed you in the back

GOA wants to thank all of you for your hard work in opposing the extremely anti-gun Eric Holder for Attorney General.

While we lost the battle on Monday (by a vote of 75-21), you guys registered your opposition loud and clear.

There is no doubt that your activism truly made gun rights THE issue in this nomination battle. Every Senator who spoke against Holder mentioned Second Amendment fears. And even among many of the Senators who voted for him, there was tremendous concern regarding Holder's stance on gun rights.

As stated by The Washington Post yesterday, "Holder overcame concerns by a small but vocal group of GOP lawmakers about his position on national security and GUN RIGHTS, as well as his recommendations in two controversial clemency decisions by President Bill Clinton."

This was truly a battle worth fighting. In fact, the man who was being deified two weeks ago is now the very same President who is widely seen as not being able to shoot straight in selecting cabinet members and is already starting to lose public support. The battle over Holder was certainly central to taking the bloom off this rose.

So thank you for helping magnify our voice on Capitol Hill. GOA spent many hours lobbying against Holder, as we were the only gun rights group in Washington to tell Senators we would be rating this vote in our end-of-session grade report.

With Holder in office, you can expect to see renewed efforts to drive gun dealers and manufacturers out of business -- similar to the efforts he supported while in the Clinton administration.

Expect also to see attempts to classify more guns as "not suitable" for sporting purposes. And don't be surprised to see attempts to use the No Fly List to disqualify gun owners from exercising their Second Amendment rights. (Bureaucrats can add innocent Americans to the No Fly List -- and have done so -- without any due process of law being followed.)

With Eric Holder at the helm, the list could easily become a No Gun List, as there are already discussions in Washington about doing this.

All the above horror scenarios are policies that could conceivably occur without ANY legislation being passed in Congress. That is what makes Holder's confirmation as Attorney General so dangerous. Through the use of Executive Orders or by prosecuting gun owners, Holder can inflict much damage upon the Second Amendment -- even apart from lending his support for legislation, such as renewing the semi-auto ban.

So what can we do now? Is the battle over Holder finished?

No, not yet. There's one more action item that needs to be taken. There are 75 Senators who ignored your pleas to vote against Holder. They need to hear from you and know that you're upset.

They need to be reminded again and again that voting for gun control is what cost Bill Clinton's party the control of Congress in 1994... and Al Gore his election in 2000... and John Kerry the presidency in 2004.

And don't forget, there are the 21 Senators who voted right. They need to be thanked. So please don't file this alert until you've taken the action item below.

ACTION: Please use the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center at activism to send your Senators a pre-written e-mail message. You will be prompted to input your zip code, which will then bring up the correct letter for your Senators.

The pre-written letter will differ according to whether your Senator voted in favor or against Eric Holder. (Three Senators missed the vote entirely. GOA is treating their absence as an anti-gun action.)

NOTE: GOA's pre-written letters are usually editable by the sender. In this instance, they are not for the sake of avoiding confusion, so that Senators who voted wrong are not thanked (and vice versa).

---------------------------------------------------------------

SENATORS WHO VOTED FOR ERIC HOLDER (AN ANTI-GUN VOTE):

Akaka (D-HI)
    Alexander (R-TN)
    Baucus (D-MT)
    Bayh (D-IN)
    Bennet (D-CO)
    Bennett (R-UT)
    Bingaman (D-NM)
    Bond (R-MO)
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Brown (D-OH)
    Burris (D-IL)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Cardin (D-MD)
    Carper (D-DE)
    Casey (D-PA)
    Chambliss (R-GA)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Conrad (D-ND)
    Corker (R-TN)
    Dodd (D-CT)
    Dorgan (D-ND)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Feingold (D-WI)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Hagan (D-NC)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Hatch (R-UT)
    Inouye (D-HI)
    Isakson (R-GA)
    Johnson (D-SD)
    Kaufman (D-DE)
    Kerry (D-MA)
    Klobuchar (D-MN)
    Kohl (D-WI)
    Kyl (R-AZ)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    Lautenberg (D-NJ)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Levin (D-MI)
    Lieberman (ID-CT)
    Lincoln (D-AR)
    Lugar (R-IN)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    McCaskill (D-MO)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Merkley (D-OR)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Nelson (D-FL)
    Nelson (D-NE)
    Pryor (D-AR)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)
    Sanders (I-VT)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Sessions (R-AL)
    Shaheen (D-NH)
    Snowe (R-ME)
    Specter (R-PA)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Tester (D-MT)
    Udall (D-CO)
    Udall (D-NM)
    Voinovich (R-OH)
    Warner (D-VA)
    Webb (D-VA)
    Whitehouse (D-RI)
    Wyden (D-OR)

SENATORS WHO VOTED AGAINST HOLDER (A PRO-GUN VOTE)

Barrasso (R-WY)
    Brownback (R-KS)
    Bunning (R-KY)
    Burr (R-NC)
    Coburn (R-OK)
    Cochran (R-MS)
    Cornyn (R-TX)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    DeMint (R-SC)
    Ensign (R-NV)
    Enzi (R-WY)
    Hutchison (R-TX)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    Johanns (R-NE)
    McConnell (R-KY)
    Risch (R-ID)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Vitter (R-LA)
    Wicker (R-MS)

SENATORS NOT VOTING

Begich (D-AK)
    Kennedy (D-MA)
    Martinez (R-FL)

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
    Gun Owners of America

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Angry Virginia Senators

I was born in Jersey and have lived in NY and the peoples democratic republic of california
    I have resided in VA for over 2 years and would never live north of Richmond, VA ever again...
    That being said,

Warner and Webb both claim to be pro-gun...I voted for neither one of them.
    Webb if you remember, was caught bording a plane with his handgun in his briefcase. He blamed it on his assistant, who took the fall. Webb is an ex Marine...he should be ashamed.
    Warner, a former Governor of Virginia, signed some good pro-gun legislation here...he should be ashamed as well.
    The tigers have changed their stripes, for which they should be very ashamed.
    Holder is a Clintonite gun banner and we should all be very afraid, as gun owners, of what this man will do or try to do to us over the next 4 years.
    I noticed that the "hero of Chappaquiddick" did not vote...wonder why(sarcasm times 100).

We are in a bad place with nothing good on the horizon...

I am glad both from Texas voted no.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The Blues Brothers signed it...McCain and Graham!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

6. Thanks for posting this man. I have forwarded this to many, many people and have used this handy resource to contacted by elected reps in D.C.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    The Blues Brothers signed it...McCain and Graham!
    How terribly disappointing in John McCain. What a terrible Republican he is! A pathetic politician.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    How terribly disappointing in John McCain. What a terrible Republican he is! A pathetic politician.
    True. Graham was a good conservative when he was in the House but when he became a Senator he hooked up with McCain and became his butt buddy. He went down hill from there.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

9. Quote Originally Posted by davhina View Post
    I was born in Jersey and have lived in NY and the peoples democratic republic of california
    I have resided in VA for over 2 years and would never live north of Richmond, VA ever again...
    That being said,

Warner and Webb both claim to be pro-gun...I voted for neither one of them.
    Webb if you remember, was caught bording a plane with his handgun in his briefcase. He blamed it on his assistant, who took the fall. Webb is an ex Marine...he should be ashamed.
    Warner, a former Governor of Virginia, signed some good pro-gun legislation here...he should be ashamed as well.
    The tigers have changed their stripes, for which they should be very ashamed.
    Holder is a Clintonite gun banner and we should all be very afraid, as gun owners, of what this man will do or try to do to us over the next 4 years.
    I noticed that the "hero of Chappaquiddick" did not vote...wonder why(sarcasm times 100).

We are in a bad place with nothing good on the horizon...

be encouraged man. read this previous poasting from earlier this am very carefully. think about the implications of what my CLEO told me.

The sheriff's office just told me this morning that if I want to sell a handgun to someone else, who would not otherwise be prohibited from buying a handgun, that person is required by law to get a permit to purchase a handgun. However, as the law currently reads, this does NOT appliy to RIFLES. The current law reads that you can sell a rifle to such a person and, although it is recommended, you do NOT have to keep any written record of that transaction. I say this in the spirit of fellowship, knowing that many of you are bad people who own assault weapons capable of firing 600 rounds per minute, and knowing that there are folks in D.C. who want to strip you of the right to keep and bear such arms. This comes straight from the horse's mouth as they say, straight from my CLEO.

yes thank you for posting this.. my letters have been sent and this will be forwarded to as many people as I can.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Exclamation Sen. Martinez...I am ashamed to call you my senator

This is the letter I sent to my senator who abstained from voting...

Your choice of abstaining from voting to block Eric Holder as AG is extremely troubling. I am ashamed to call you my Senator. As an elected official your JOB is to make a decision that is hopefully in the best interests of our great nation. Your inability to make a choice and stand by it is deeply troubling and shows a serious lack of character at a time when America needs strong leadership. Our Government is of the people, by the people and for the people. You sir, have failed us by not casting a vote. I am disappointed in your performance!
    Your BOSS
    A US TAXPAYER
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast