Petition against the stimulus package Country First PAC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition against the stimulus package Country First PAC

1. Petition against the stimulus package Country First PAC

Vote No on the Economic Stimulus

Petition forwarded from John McCain.

Dear American Citizens,

Yesterday, the Senate began debate on an economic stimulus package that is intended to get our economy back on track and help Americans who are suffering through these difficult times. Unfortunately, the proposal on the table is big on the giveaways for the special interests and corporate high rollers, yet short on help for ordinary working Americans. I cannot and do not support the package on the table from the Democrats and the Obama Administration. Our country does not need just another spending bill, particularly not one that will load future generations with the burden of massive debt. We need a short term stimulus bill that will directly help people, create jobs, and provide a jolt to our economy.

I believe we need to evaluate every bit of spending in this stimulus proposal with one important criteria - does it really stimulate the economy and help create jobs - if the answer is no, it does not belong in a so-called stimulus package. Furthermore, the stimulus must include significant direct relief to American workers in the form of payroll tax cuts and programs to help homeowners keep their homes. Finally, we need an end game to this stimulus so that when our economy recovers, these spending programs do not remain permanent and saddle our children with a skyrocketing national debt.

I appreciate the discussions President Obama is having with my Republican colleagues, but the time for talking has come to an end and we must now begin some serious negotiation. But as of yet, Republicans have not been given the opportunity to be involved. The House of Representatives passed a stimulus bill without a single Republican supporting it. In the Senate, the Democrat leadership is trying to jam the existing proposal through regardless of reservations from a number of members. With so much at stake, the last thing we need is partisanship driving our attempts to turn the economy around.

I have long been a fighter against wasteful spending in Washington and long an advocate for a balanced budget -- that will never change. I realize we face extraordinary challenges with our economy today, but that is not an excuse for more irresponsibly from Washington. I hope you will join me in saying no to this stimulus package as it currently exists by signing this petition.

Sincerely,

John McCain
    Chair, Country First PAC

sign and spread the word as fast as you can.
    Last edited by lukem; 02-07-2009 at 08:03 PM.

To sign up for the petition visit:

Vote No on the Economic Stimulus

The Senate recently began debate on an economic stimulus package that is intended to get our economy get back on track and help Americans who are suffering through these difficult times. Unfortunately, the proposal on the table is big on the giveaways for the special interests and corporate high rollers, yet short on help for ordinary working Americans.

I cannot and do not support the package on the table from the Democrats and the Obama Administration. Our country does not need just another spending bill, particularly not one that will load future generations with the burden of massive debt. We need a short term stimulus bill that will directly help people, create jobs, and provide a jolt to our economy.

Please join me in saying no to this stimulus package as it currently exists by signing the petition to the right and telling your friends about our efforts.

John McCain
    Chair, Country First PAC

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

4. DOH! I forgot the link for the petition

Thanks Boss

Anytime. Now everybody go sign it!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

wolfhunter Guest
    Signed.
    Jay Leno said this bill equates to over $3300 to every man, woman, and child in the US. So why don't they just send us all checks?
    Today, Nancy Pelosi claimed that 500 million Americans would lose their jobs each month if this bill doesn't get passed? ( This would indicate 100% unemployment in how many months?)

I signed myself and my wife. Now where is the petition to have these idiots step down?
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

The Cat is Out of the Bag...

I signed the petition. It is TOO BAD the fool politician didn't make this stand on the first bailout package. We would likely not be in this situation now as there would have been a clear difference for the less observant to see.
    Liberty is a cause that we as patriots must not shun! The price is our time and our talents which each of us posses. The only question is how will we use these gifts of our Devine Creator.

Thumbs up

I'm in for a big fat NO. I was looking for this online, and for some reason couldn't connect to the site until I came here. Muslims are not supposed to like pork ! WTF?
    Last edited by .45_4me; 02-11-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .45_4me View Post
    I'm in for a big fat NO. I was looking for this online, and for some reason couldn't connect to the site until I came here. Muslims are not supposed to like pork ! WTF?
    LOL The sad part is, it's back to the same old dirty tricks, making the bill available only hours before it needs to be signed. Who can read 1,100 pages in SIX hours? They always do that! Same thing happened with the Patriot Act. Same thing happened with the Federal Income Tax.

The killer is, who exactly will get these so called created jobs? American citizens? Ya, right.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

I went to their web site and could not find this. Are you sure that the link to this petition is legit????

Country First PAC - Senator John McCain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast