Trumpís Video Message to Kim Jung Un is a Joke . . . - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trumpís Video Message to Kim Jung Un is a Joke . . .

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Everybody, regardless of culture, understands shiny baubles. It's difficult to imagine that the oppressed and starving people of NK will ever see the video, but if they do, they are susceptible to the appeal of its shiny baubles as much as Kim and the ruling class are. At the very least, Kim is trying to stave off and/or simply delay further conflict with the West. Best case scenario is he believes that his country will be annihilated unless he does a 180 and joins the modern world. A small, shiny bauble-example of what his country might look like after joining it can't really hurt. He's either being sincere in his moves towards change, or he ain't. Same goes for Trump (et al). The video will have almost nothing to do with how either side plays it out in my estimation. Focusing on such trivialities proves that the left is devoid of substance whenever Trump is part of the subject-matter.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

3. XD , man of the year ! IN HIS MIND .

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    From spending two years in Korea and working with the South Korean army.
    I spent a year in South Korea and worked with ROK soldiers and lived with KATUSA. I disagree with your point. Also, the term, ďOrientalĒ hasnít been used in a very long time. Itís considered offensive. They are referred to as ďAsian.Ē You just proved exactly how out of touch with Asians you actually are.
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog1958 View Post
    I spent a year in South Korea and worked with ROK soldiers and lived with KATUSA. I disagree with your point. Also, the term, “Oriental” hasn’t been used in a very long time. It’s considered offensive. They are referred to as “Asian.” You just proved exactly how out of touch with Asians you actually are.
    And you just proved how much of a slave to political correctness you are.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Because the right doesn't whine about anything.

-kneel.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by S&W29 View Post
    Right, because the right doesn't whine about anything.

-kneel.jpg
    You've certainly never seen or heard me whine about those folks. I'm not a football fan so it doesn't effect me one way or the other that they choose to demonstrate when and where they do. I was, however, pretty hard on Trump for calling for the "SOBs" to be fired. The escalation of the demonstrations from a handful of players to very nearly every team in the country is directly attributable to Trump spewing that garbage. It went from being a protest against cops by a very few people, to a hundred or so every Thursday and Sunday protesting Trump on national television. At this point, just like with Baltimore, Ferguson, LA (during the Dorner manhunt) and everywhere else where cops abusing anyone of any color is a common occurrence, we're pretty much simpatico with what they're protesting.

"The right" is not monolithic. I wish people who believe in an originalist view of the Constitution understood what an oxymoron it is to believe that the projection of violence by government agents against this country's own people from any low or high level is antithetical to respect and/or reverence for the Constitution. As such, most people who claim it, are indeed not from "the right," and it's for damn sure that Donald Trump ain't. As many times as he's changed parties, even he wouldn't expect to be believed if he said he was a right-winger. Kinda hard to claim right-wing status when he's spewing nonsense about "Take the guns first - go through due process later." He sounds like your kinda guy a lot more than mine or any other right-winger's, but such is the double-mindedness that pervades America in these times.

In any case, you stepped on your weenage again with trying to pigeonhole me with that picture. I literally couldn't care any less about that non-issue (for me anyway), and you've certainly never seen me whining about it. You're really bad at this.

Blues

You've certainly never seen or heard me whine about those folks. I'm not a football fan so it doesn't effect me one way or the other that they choose to demonstrate when and where they do. I was, however, pretty hard on Trump for calling for the "SOBs" to be fired. The escalation of the demonstrations from a handful of players to very nearly every team in the country is directly attributable to Trump spewing that garbage. It went from being a protest against cops by a very few people, to a hundred or so every Thursday and Sunday protesting Trump on national television. At this point, just like with Baltimore, Ferguson, LA (during the Dorner manhunt) and everywhere else where cops abusing anyone of any color is a common occurrence, we're pretty much simpatico with what they're protesting.

"The right" is not monolithic. I wish people who believe in an originalist view of the Constitution understood what an oxymoron it is to believe that the projection of violence by government agents against this country's own people from any low or high level is antithetical to respect and/or reverence for the Constitution. As such, most people who claim it, are indeed not from "the right," and it's for damn sure that Donald Trump ain't. As many times as he's changed parties, even he wouldn't expect to be believed if he said he was a right-winger. Kinda hard to claim right-wing status when he's spewing nonsense about "Take the guns first - go through due process later." He sounds like your kinda guy a lot more than mine or any other right-winger's, but such is the double-mindedness that pervades America in these times.

In any case, you stepped on your weenage again with trying to pigeonhole me with that picture. I literally couldn't care any less about that non-issue (for me anyway), and you've certainly never seen me whining about it. You're really bad at this.

Blues
    I never singled you out by name.....I simply replied to your comment about the left.

Sent from my LG-H910 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    North and south have been separated so long that they even have trouble understand their spoken language today.
    No. A good friend of mine who works in Seoul has a S. Korean wife who visited with her relatives in the North. There's no problem with the language. There remains significant differences between the high forms used by the well-educated and the common language spoken by those who are poor, but that difference is mirrored in both the North and the South, much the same as it was here in the U.S. until TV largely leveled our Americanized English.

The SK people have lived in a totally different politically and cultural environment...
    About half true.

...for generations now...
    Technically, roughly 2.5 generations, now.

...and to say you understand one based on the other is laughable.
    America has been separated from English rule, yet people from the two countries can visit one another with impunity. I lived in Germany for four years. Aside from "Where is the X?" and "I'd like a Y," I never did learn the language. Got along just fine with the locals, even when they didn't speak English. What's really fun is visiting either Asian or Middle Eastern markets and living among the people. Vastly "different political and cultural environments" yet we still get along.

My point is there remain many elements of life common to all of mankind, and separating North from South on the same peninsula that's marginally larger than Florida does NOT create "a totally different politically and cultural environment." It just flat out does not.
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

You and your kind no longer have the authority to label ethnic groups. Those days are long gone. Shouldn’t that right be left to the people that are a part of that group? It’s about respecting others who don’t look like you.
    Lefties like guns, too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Fortunately I don't judge all republicans by the small sampling found here.

Granted the oriental cultures can be a proud people, but 70 years of oppression, starvation, fear of retribution for saying the wrong thing can wear that down. What years were you stationed in SK?

Granted you would have more insight into the people of SK after living/working there for two years. But to claim you understand the people of NK is laughable. It would be like someone saying they understand the people in China because they lived in China Town section of San Francisco.
    XD: As usual, you try to make a mountain from a molehill. One doesn't have to be a Rhodes scholar to understand that all people have pride, even those living under dictatorships. They are still individuals and, oddly enough, are more sensitive it seems in their culture toward each other and the world than we are. I don't claim to understand the Korean people but I am aware of their sensibilities from having been there. The N. Koreans have suffered from sensory deprivation for years but now their "Great Leader" can present himself as being on a par with the US and may hold some hope for them that maybe their situation will change. Obviously Kim thinks the video is of some benefit and has released it on their TVs. Can you imagine their amazement at viewing Singapore and possibly have the hope for their taste of a better life? Yep, I think they will like it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/asia/...ntl/index.html.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast